test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Billing Questions?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    want to cancel my subscription.what must i do?
    edited January 2012
    Billing Information, Cryptic Points, Perfect World Zen:

Subscription related issues have to currently go through Cryptic's payment system, not Perfect World's.

If you are signed into the Cryptic website with your Cryptic or PWE account, you can use a credit card or Paypal for subscriptions. http://startrekonline.com/ then go to My Account.

Cryptic Points can also be purchased from the My Account page – Cryptic accounts have credit card or PayPal payment options, while PWE account holders will be redirected to the PWE Zen site, where you can transfer ZEN into Cryptic and PWE games.

Perfect World's system accepts a variety of payment types for Zen.

The various payments types are listed here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/options

Charging or paying for prepaid cards for Perfect World's ZEN is great for ALL of our products, not just STO. You can put the Zen in your wallet, and then choose which game, server, etc you want the Zen to be applied too.

I hope this helps you all some. If you guys have any problems with billing issues or technical support problems on the forums, please feel free to contact us.

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ or here: http://support.crypticstudios.com/

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what your install, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!

(thanks to the Cryptic and PWE folks who helped with this info)
    edited January 2012
    Found out, though, that the conversion from ZEN to Cryptic Points is 1ZEN = .8 Cryptic Points.
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, $1.00 USD = 80 Cryptic Points or 100 ZEN.
    edited January 2012
    1. i have tried to transfer 1000zen to star trek but pw wants that i choose a server but no serverchoice is enlighted only a greyed 'no characters" and as third a greyed select amount with no choice to type .

2. i have digital version and want to make a subsription with PAYPAL but i see this on my dashboard:

Activated Features

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe
    Star Trek Online

Subscriptions

Recurring 6-Month PENDINGCUSTOMER
    Subscribed For: 0.97 days
    Resume subscription creation
    Change this subscription

after typing my informations for paypal the window changes and on the left side ther is no payment information from cryptic for paypal and nothing works at paypal.

PW-support sends automatic reaction but i wait 36 hrs now and its long time if u want to pay for a thing:

EDIT: i have PW-account only
    and i have send petition ingame with these informations 12hrs ago
    edited January 2012
    Hi m4ndragoa,

The billing team responded to your ticket a few hours ago. If you can't find our response in your inbox, check your spam folder. Sometimes our emails hide in there. If the solution we proposed doesn't work for you, respond back to the email we sent and let us know.

-Superzuul
    Your Friendly Neighborhood PWE Billing Zuul
    edited January 2012
    Hi m4ndragoa,

The billing team responded to your ticket a few hours ago. If you can't find our response in your inbox, check your spam folder. Sometimes our emails hide in there. If the solution we proposed doesn't work for you, respond back to the email we sent and let us know.

-Superzuul
    Your Friendly Neighborhood PWE Billing Zuul

They didn't give you a shiny gold name, Zuul? Strange....
    edited January 2012
    All in due time ;)
    edited January 2012
    All in due time ;)

Is that a billing pun?
    edited February 2012
    They didn't give you a shiny gold name, Zuul? Strange....

Forever ungold T_T No one likes us Zuuls. We're not evil, just misunderstood.
    edited February 2012
    Forever ungold T_T No one likes us Zuuls. We're not evil, just misunderstood.

Good thing, then, that I know who you are before some of the posters had the reaction of "What? No gold name? REPORT THE IMPERSONATOR!!!" I see they got around to giving you your gold name, too.

You've probably seen me around on the other PWE boards, too ;)

EDIT: Instead of double posting, I'll post my issue in this same post.

I have 214 ZEN in my Wallet, yet cannot transfer my ZEN to the STO servers. I should note that I have been able to do this previously, without a level 10 character.

Edit 2: Disregard, figured out what the problem was, my character was "inactive" because I hadn't logged in for over a week (Can't help that I have to bargain with my wife for use of our laptop because my POS desktop won't run the game without a video card upgrade *grumble*)
    edited February 2012
    since no one can tell me if gift type cards are useable, can someone perhaps tell me if ultimate game cards can be use for a sub?
    edited February 2012
    Krenn wrote: »
    since no one can tell me if gift type cards are useable, can someone perhaps tell me if ultimate game cards can be use for a sub?
    Gift cards aren't 100% sure about however Ultimate game Cards are a no if it's those ones sold in stores.
    edited February 2012
    Askray wrote: »
    Gift cards aren't 100% sure about however Ultimate game Cards are a no if it's those ones sold in stores.

PWE uses UGC's for their zen, and since STO is now owned by them, maybe some sort of arrangement should be made. how many ppl would pick up a 2 or 3 20 $ cards for some gold time? for myself, I'd get as many as needed for a lifer. something to consider, it would seem
    edited February 2012
    I hope this is the right place to ask. Every now and then, When I try and log into the game, It will come back with a message at the loader, that says something to the effect of there is a problem with my account, and to click <here> for further support.

So I click, and it takes me to a page, that says to contact Billing support. No problem, start looking for contact info, and can't find it on the support page, I wait about 5 minutes, while making sure my account is still good from my account page, and then I can get into the game.

Is this a common thing? I know for a fact, there is no billing problems, as I can check immediately through my bank, and I can get into the game if I just wait a little bit. Is this just a catch all for when a connection fails or something? It's more of an annoyance then anything, But I just want to make sure all is well with my account, and sense I can't find any contact info (Maybe that could be a new accolade, find the contact info that Cryptic says to contact.)

Thanks for your help, and I do so love this game. Much improved since the old Beta days.

Edit. And again at 12:43 2/11/2012. I guess I'll keep a log of it here, until one of the devs addresses my question.
    edited March 2012
    It's absolutely terrible. I go to purchase Cpoints and I'm locked onto a page where it says that I need a level 10+ character to make a purchase and yet my purchase history should be more than enough to override that. I've had 1 account at level 50 for a bit now.

Can't even file a ticket with Cryptic because their java scripts won't allow me to select STO as the product I need help with.

Absolutely terrible.
    edited March 2012
    I purchased C Points for the first time yesterday to buy the new Ody ship pack. I only wanted 5000 but somehow ended up with 10000 (6000 now after my ship bundle purchase). I DON'T WANT THE EXTRA 5000 POINTS. What is frustrating is that I was not e-mailed any kind of receipt and I have no idea if I am getting billed for this extra 5000. Also, the only mail i DID get was in regards to confirming a change in billing details. There was a phone number included (888-344-4478) but no one answers it (WTF on a SAT at 1:45pm peak playing time??!). I tried using the SUPPORT tab, but was redirected to a forum different from this one that I cant even find. HOW DO I GET THIS FIXED???!!! WHY is there no phone number for me to contact? WHY is there no e-mail for me to contact? What do I do?
    edited April 2012
    The only problem with that for me is that I'm stationed in South Korea right now. I'm in the US Army and the time difference makes it really hard to try and get anything done that involves the states. So if there is anything on y'alls end that you can do to help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.
    edited June 2012
    I have the same problem "Payment Method Declined", i checked wit my bank and i entered the same billing information but still i get the same error. I have submitted a ticket now. Waiting for a response. I want to be a lifer, guys don't you want my 200 bucks ???? :(
    edited June 2012
    Can Visa Web Prepaid card be used as payment method in star trek online?
  • lordkopeczlordkopecz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When i want to pay it says i have to have at least a Lvl 10 Account, but i have on with lvl 35?
  • captainotakucaptainotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lordkopecz wrote: »
    When i want to pay it says i have to have at least a Lvl 10 Account, but i have on with lvl 35?

There is a weird glitch/setting at the moment that makes you also wait 10 days after starting a "new" account. It doesn't seem to matter if you have been with Cryptic for years and they merged the two.
  • darthpanda16darthpanda16 Member Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you guys can redirect for the new STO issues here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=366

Billing will be able to monitor that pretty quick.

Please note that personal account info won't be able to be shared there, and a Billing ticket will probably have to be made.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • clusterfoxclusterfox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When buying cpoints with paypal, I just had to enter my email address and name. Buying zen suddenly wants my postal address, phone number... I'm guessing this is a blatant info-grab, rather than necessary information? If so, like heck they're getting it. Anyone know for sure?

Edit: Paypal are already handing over this information, so it's nothing PWE don't already have.
  • adanedhel666adanedhel666 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm not confident with providing PW with my personal informations in the billing profile...Is there something I can do?Was there ever problems with the informations?
    ColdCrisis
  • striker81bstriker81b Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi. I transferred 3000 zen to Holodeck server and I got no C-points. How long can the transfer take? I did it before and it was almost instant. I did the transfer about 3 hours ago.

edit: I bought some more zen and did another transfer and i got my c-points right away this time. So where is my 3000 zen?
  • cornuthaumcornuthaum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been trying to throw my money at the people who run this game for the last 24 hours, but no matter what I try - paypal or direct debit - I get system errors and/or illogical behaviour.

When I try to pay via paypal, I get asked for a credit card. The reason why I am trying to pay via PP is because I do not have a CC. If I did, I would have used that to pay for the subscription.

When I tr to set up direct debit, the system goes belly-up and gives me an error message after I input my name/address/bank data, which is worrying, as I do not know if any of that actually went through - which would have added up to 3-4 seperate attempts by now. >_>

Just how can I subscribe to this game without a CC? Do I really have to play for another week-ish (or however logn it takes Amazon to deliver a gametime card)?
  • tnordaxautnordaxau Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I used to have an account at cryptic but somones stolen it.. where do I go to get it back
  • utdfederationutdfederation Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i have just purchased 1000 zen via the online game.

it went to steam and i successfully purchased 1000 zen, but it's put it into my steam wallet.

question...
    how do i now get that money into zen via steam wallet please?

thanks in advance
  • acejimacejim Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have the same problem "Payment Method Declined", i checked wit my bank and i entered the same billing information but still i get the same error. I have submitted a ticket now. Waiting for a response. I want to be a lifer, guys don't you want my 200 bucks ???? :(

I have a similar problem. I want to be zen points but it keep getting declined saying I'v entered incorrect info. I called my credit card company to see if my card was blocked for some reason and they said my credit card is fine. They said it was declined since I entered the wrong expiry. They said I entered 10/20 when it should be 10/13. I know I entered 10/13 not 10/20. So I tried again....making sure I entered 10/13 for the expiry...still error in transaction.

Now I'm locked out from purchasing zen points for the next 24 hours. What is this? They don't want my money??????