test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Billing Questions?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't know if this belongs here but instead of starting a new thread i think i try it here first.

Amazon Germany doesn't have STO Gamecards in stock anymore, will there be new Gamecards or have you decided not to sell them anymore?
    Thanks in advance.

Live long and prosper.
    edited July 2011
    better call your CC bank then , and tell them you didnt recieve what you paid for
    They can demand the money back , or even sue them

I have sent a ticket about it they dont get is sorted soon i may see what legal action i can take against them its not even a 1 month charge thats on there as well :mad:
    edited July 2011
    Still no news if its fixed or not

For my part i entered a space distortion , and i ended up in another dimension called Rift
    Guess ill spend my money there

ill try again here in en few months maybe , if it works then
    edited July 2011
    Is anyone actually getting resolution on this "billing method declined" problem? I tried about eight times, using a card I already use for several other online games and could not get it to work. I submitted two tickets already, one on Saturday the 16th and again on Tuesday the 19th, still no replies.

As a side note, how exactly is it they reply when the submit a ticket form doesn't ask for any contact information?
    edited July 2011
    3 Tickets and i still did not solve the problem, guess they dont want us European players in their game :)
    edited July 2011
    I finally got a reply... all I can say is WTF! This is what is considered helpful, or "support"?

Issue Summary:

===== Ticket Submission Data =====
    Game: Star Trek Online
    Platform: Not Selected
    Category: Account & Billing Services
    ==========
    My billing method keeps being declined, I have called my bank and this credit/debit card is good and valid. I have also used this exact same card for 4 other online games without incident. I have already been charged for the digital download, and would like to use the product I have already paid for.

Customer Service Responses:

I am sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this is causing you. I am not sure why your payment method is not working. Please attempt the purchase again or try a different payment method. Additionally the 30 days that came free with your purchase of the game have successfully been applied to your account. Thank you for playing, Cryptic Studios.

That's the exact copy and paste, so did the person reading my ticket actually notice that I said it "keeps being declined", maybe that was too subtle a hint that I had already tried again? Granted, I do not have a maters's degree in business administration, but it seems to me I would want my company to be as adaptable at receiving money as possible and not have customers jumping through hoops to pay me by telling them to "try a different payment method".

If I were the only one having an issue getting payment to go through, I could understand this customer service rep telling me they are "not sure" why my payment method is not working, however there are numerous threads and post, some over a year old detailing others with the same issue.

So I guess in the end I will keep searching these forums for any updates that might help answer the issue we are having, hope some of you had better luck with this.
    edited July 2011
    I was getting this error, but have resolved it by paying with Paypal instead, which did still give me an error at first, but I went to the Paypal site, logged in there, came back, clicked 'resume subscription activation' or something similar, and it went through first time.

Shame about the Credit Card errors lately though, almost walked away from this game, again.
    edited August 2011
    I triyed again today , still nothing:mad::mad::mad:, resended a ticket(in french this time)

guess ill try via paypall
    edited August 2011
    There's some weird things going around here.

I pre-ordered the game but thought the 50 euro price tag was too steep for content that was to be depleted in 2 weeks. So i asked for a refund (which i got) My account obviously didn't work at launch. Ok so, now i decided i want in, with all the new content and the new low price, i said it's good value for money. So went on Steam , bought the thing.

All well until i hit the startrekonline.com website to get my cd key in. It accepted it alright but it asked for a subscription. Fine, it's annoying but FINE. I used the exact same card i used to buy STO on Steam (which i knew it hat plenty of money on it). Selected 1 month sub, entered my card info, submit. ERROR, CREDIT CARD DECLINED. Fine. I'll try another card. ERROR. Ok, wtf. Another card. ERROR.
    I said FU Cryptic and your stupid game, i'll go with paypal. Nothing. Changed browser, ERROR.
    Even created a new account (maybe the pre-order thing messed the account up). SAME THING.

I tried booting the client, when i log in it says error. Here it is when i finally got something done. I clicked the link to activate the cd key and it went to a page that asked NO SUBSCRIPTION. Just the cd key. Ok, entered it, it said:

You are activating:

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

I agree to the Terms of Use

And just the submit button. But yet again i get ERROR ENCOUNTERED with no explanation. And i can't get to the subscription thingy again to try the trick with paypal.

This is really annoying and i really want my money back (but can't get it back of course). What a pickle!

Anyone got any other ideas ?! Already submitted for a ticket but i can see from above that it takes a lot more than 24 hours to work....
    edited August 2011
    Official answer from their support chat :

Support: We are aware of a current issue with activating new accounts (or a new key on existing accounts). Our developers are actively working on a fix. We will update your ticket as soon as we have any new information.

Me: so i'm out of luck until such that time that it's fixed ? the game might go free 2 play by then :)))

Support: Gosh, since there's no plans for free to play that I know about, I really hope we fix it sooner than "never"!

Support: I can't predict how long it will take to fix, but I know they're working on it.

So I can't play for now :(
    edited August 2011
    Xilin wrote: »
    Official answer from their support chat :

Support: We are aware of a current issue with activating new accounts (or a new key on existing accounts). Our developers are actively working on a fix. We will update your ticket as soon as we have any new information.

Me: so i'm out of luck until such that time that it's fixed ? the game might go free 2 play by then :)))

Support: Gosh, since there's no plans for free to play that I know about, I really hope we fix it sooner than "never"!

Support: I can't predict how long it will take to fix, but I know they're working on it.

So I can't play for now :(

Unfortunately, you picked the day that Cryptic is transitioning from Atari ownership to Perfect World Entertainment ownership (Which is a good thing as Atari was always cash strapped and didn't want to really do what it took to support development; while Perfect World KNOWS about MMO development (it has three of its own) - and has already started expanding the STO development team); so unfortunately there's been some hiccups (see this post - link) and I'm sure the billing foolks want to get it straightened out ASAP, as it costs them money in the long run.
    edited August 2011
    Giomar wrote:
    if im suppose to have a 30-day trial then give me the trial and if after 30 days i think your company deserves my payments then at that time i will set up a subscription.

Totally agree I'm glad i only paid $8 for the game
    edited August 2011
    My problem is fixed , tried paying with Paypal and it worked
    But i took 1 month so that is 12,99€
    and they took 15,72€ from my paypall account:eek:
    so they just robbed me of 2.73€:mad:
    edited August 2011
    My problem is fixed , tried paying with Paypal and it worked
    But i took 1 month so that is 12,99€
    and they took 15,72€ from my paypall account:eek:
    so they just robbed me of 2.73€:mad:

i believe subscription price does not include vat or any other government taxes they are require to pay on their service. so that may be the difference.
    edited August 2011
    Hey, can we ditch this PayPal eCheck thing? I don't really know if it's you guys or PayPal that makes it a mandatory thing, but I have more than enough money in my account so there's really no reason for the 6-8 day delay. This latest sale will be over by the time the eCheck clears.
    edited August 2011
    hmm.. i just bought the game online... but when i enter to subscription face... i dont see anymore paypal payment option so i cant buy subscription cos my Visa Electron dosent work either.. any help?
    edited August 2011
    Tombalordi wrote:
    hmm.. i just bought the game online... but when i enter to subscription face... i dont see anymore paypal payment option so i cant buy subscription cos my Visa Electron dosent work either.. any help?

I am having the same issue. I wanted to reactivate my subscription. However I can't pay with paypal either.
    edited September 2011
    i cant enter my direct debit infos for 2 weeks now. cant purchase anything from c-store nor can i sub via direct debit. unfortunately i have no paypal acc, and i dont want to use it. i hope its fixed soon ...
    edited September 2011
    It looks like the payment for sub problem is still happening, the money I've kept in my account to pay for my six month sub still hasn't been taken out to pay for it nor have I received any error problems or an e-mail saying that it's been paid for, even though my account details say my six month sub is now active.

Odd problem for sure since when I buy C-Store points there isn't any problem there.
    edited September 2011
    5 weeks now without direct debit, called bank, called billing suupp, nothing. nobody knoooows ... the troubles i have ...

what is this? i think its just a website scipt problem with transferring and checking adresses with special signsa like
    edited September 2011
    I have a problem too. Two weeks ago I tried to pay a 30-days sub with my visa electron, it didn't work.
    Today I tried to buy it again with the same card ( the only one I have ), its not working either.

I wonder when cryptic will fix this payment issues... Because there are people who want to play and they can't buy/resume subscription... I think its a big loss of money for you Cryptic, but it seems that you don't care about your customers at all. . :mad: :eek:
    edited September 2011
    Having this issue too, been away from the game for a few months and have decided to return. My card keeps getting declined, but my bank says they are charging about $1 when i try and this is getting approved, there's no problem with my card. I've submitted a ticket but still waiting on a response.

I don't understand why this isn't a priority, you have people that want to pay for the game, you'd think this would have been fixed within 24hrs....but it's been months....
    edited September 2011
    I just got a response to my issue and it's all solved now. Check what address your bank has on file as it seems the account info has become a lot more strict. If the billing address is not exactly the same as what your bank has on file your card will be rejected. Give your bank a call and check what they have and then try again. Should solve most issues.

I take this back - Issue is still present. Was advised to use pay pal. How about fix your stupid billing system, that would be a more appropriate course of action.
    edited October 2011
    Just to confirm, my issue is that once the site redirects you to the more "secure" page, you are unable to get past the username and password prompt, as it seems it will not accept your password, which works fine to login with at the official STO website?

This is the issue some/all are having?
    edited October 2011
    MykalD wrote:
    I just got a response to my issue and it's all solved now. Check what address your bank has on file as it seems the account info has become a lot more strict. If the billing address is not exactly the same as what your bank has on file your card will be rejected. Give your bank a call and check what they have and then try again. Should solve most issues.

I take this back - Issue is still present. Was advised to use pay pal. How about fix your stupid billing system, that would be a more appropriate course of action.

This is so frustrating...i am having the exact same problem too...and i dont want to use Pay Pal...

It Only Happens here....
    edited October 2011
    I checked with my bank and its all fault of the AVS system...My bank does not provide AVS...thats what they told me.

What i still wonder is why my old and now expired credit card had no trouble and this one has.

My bank told my credit card is more than okay and that there is a way to check credit without AVS....and STO was probably using that until recently
    edited October 2011
    ...So pretty much i am either lucky with Pay Pal or i have to quit. I doubt billing will drop AVS because of a couple of members...
    edited December 2011
    Same problem§: suddenly my account is "inactive" and the C Support told me that is beacuse i changed my CC address... lie: i'm playing since more than 200 days...what can i do guys? :mad::mad:
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to re-sub, but everytime i try that, the website says that my payment method was declined.

I want to return now, but if i can't sub, i will have to wait for F2P.
    edited January 2012
    in seriously considering a lifer sub, I need to know if gift type cards are acceptable. not long before I left about a year ago I tried to use an AmEx card but it was declined, no expiry date on the card. a VISA card i looked at did have such a date, month/year. thing is, I'll have to use 2 cards as there are none for $308cdn. if a VISA gift type card can be used will 2 cards work? thx:confused: