test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Billing Questions?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I re-activated my account on 02/13/2011 and now it says my account is inactive need to know why and can it be fixed please help
    edited February 2011
    i have a little problem here... i just bought game over steam... and when start the launcher, log in, it says: account error...
    i already entered the product key and all that... and it says that i have 30 free days to play... but nothing... account error again -.-
    edited February 2011
    you need more than just the retail key you also need to setup a recuring subscription and enter how you plan to pay for the subscription when it starts.
    cryptic will then verify the payment method (time will vary as they do it in batches)

then the account will be active withthe 30 days subscriptiion bonus.
    if you use credit card or paypall you will not be charged for the subscription until after the 30 days bonus (you can cancel before the 30 days and not be charged at all)
    if you use a gametime card you will have the 30 days bonus added to your gamecard time. ie 30 days gamecard + 30 days bonus = 60 days before you have to enter another gametime card.
    edited February 2011
    yea... now is works... finally... thx m8... ;)
    edited March 2011
    Have looked through the forums, and cannot seem to find the right answer. I am a few days short of having enough to pay for my monthly subscription. When I got my collectors edition of the game, I also got 3 10/day time cards; can I use one of those to carry me over until I get payed, or are those just for handouts to friends to get them into the game?
    edited March 2011
    the 10 day cards are for friends. you can not add a trial card to an account that has had either a retail or demo code already applied to the account.
    edited March 2011
    What about another product key? I received two copies of the game at Christmas; would the product key out of my other copy of the game work, for another 30 days?
    edited March 2011
    Okay and Again I'm back. Had to change my credit card details and in yet the same boat again.

WTF does "You must supply a Langauge" in the Tickets STO section.
    edited March 2011
    I believe you can add product keys but they have to be from different version of game
    ie standard vesion and collector edition
    standard and deluxe version but you will have to ask billing to be sure it is possible.
    edited April 2011
    i have the same problem i played the game last year stoped CANCELLED my sup and then a few months later Re-Activate the sub played for a another few months and stoped again but now i keep getting Your payment method was declined, but i have used the same account info the last 2 times why is it not working now and before you ask yes i did the retail key when i got the game yes i called the bank the card and account are fine
    i sent a ticket but still waiting.

also i did the whole re-enter payment details stilll did nothing used another account still nothing so the accounting/billing system that Cryptic use is very bugged because i dont get this with Other mmo i have used:(
    edited April 2011
    Cryptic will send a $1 pending everytime you submit... Ignore theYour Payment Method Was Declined. Check your account. If you have a dollar panding than your credit card has been acepted. Then simply go to your Account and activate the subscription. The screen you are currently enetering details into is not a purchase screen, It's a credit card authorisation screen. I've gone through this a couple of times. Bset thing for you too do is conntact your back and they can exsplain it.
    edited April 2011
    Agreed, the billing system as well as the Ticketing system is letting down the Cryptic Team on this game. Unfortunately the Devs arn't responcible for this system, but it is there hard work that it is tarnishing. As all big money hungry comapnies are. Customers as concumers are worthless, luckey the Developers, see us as Clients.
    edited April 2011
    Hi
    ive a rather big problem with the billing system and I hope that maybe you guys can help me.
    Ive been playing STO for over a year now and always payed for my monthly subscription via PayPal.
    In late february i choose not to renew my subscription for STO.
    Here is where my problem starts:
    On April the 7th of this year i reactivated my subscription via PayPal and was able to play until today.
    When i try to log on to STO now it says "account error" and on my account settings i get the message that Iam a "pending custumer"
    How is it possible that a monthly subcription runs out after 9 days of playtime?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    edited April 2011
    Gamecards would be awesome to use if anywhere in my town sold the damn things. I bought this game around a year ago and still haven't been able to play it. Can't you make gamecard codes that we can buy over the Internet????

Ah never mind. My girlfriend just told me she has a Paypal account. lol A YEAR LATER! I feel lame now.

Account activated finally.
    edited May 2011
    I am trying to reactivate my acct but with a new CC. Upon entering the info im getting the error message that a currency could not be found. Could anyone direct me to what this means? there is nothing wrong with my CC. Thx
    edited June 2011
    The main problem Cryptic has, is the way they ask people to provide a subscription on entry of a retail key.

It is very unprofessional to ask for any kind of payment scheme upfront like that.

In the UK many people don't have credit cards, or have easy access to game time cards. Yes I know why did they buy this in the first place. But some people may buy things rashly, or are waiting for someone to stock game time cards, so they want to play the 30 days they legally purchased. But they can't.

And I think as said is unprofessional and very disrespectful to the customers.

I was shocked when I had to start a payment plan to even play the game I paid for, I only want to try the 30 days if I am happy then I will continue the subscription not at the start I won't. So I had to set up a payment plan and cancel, which is a pain.

Technically in the UK Cryptic could be legally challenged on this, as people are entitled to the 30 days they paid for initially, and if they can't get it and obviously can't return the product to where they bought it (as they have opened the retail case or bought a key online from D2D etc), then the customer has a right to a refund and I don't think Cryptic want that on their heads.

I have played many MMO's and this is only time I have had to do something like this to activate a key.

So Cryptic, do the right thing, allow people to activate their bought games and then ask for payment plans later.
    edited June 2011
    Okay, so I'm not supposed to post billing issues here. Instead I am supposed to submit a ticket if the questions there do not resolve my questions. Fine, except that I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SUBMIT A STUPID TICKET!!! I have spent the better part of the last hour trying to figure out how to call or communicate with live human beings about this issue, but have found the customer service here to be totally non-existent.

Do you want to know why billing issue questions are asked here? It is because you have provided no where to do it any place else, unless you happen to be able to read the minds of the people who set this stupid place up. Please tell me how to submit a stupid ticket.

Thank you for your lousy customer service. Shape up!
    edited June 2011
    lets see
    there is a live chat option located here
    http://www.atari.com/support/startrekonline#help
    there is the ticket section at the lower half that page that is available (titled submit a ticket) when you log in with your account log in at the top of the page.
    edited June 2011
    Because folks do not seem to read the opening post, I'll quote it here once more:
    GMDestra wrote:
    Hey All,

Recently we saw a few billing issues escalated via forum posts here on the good old Tech Forums.

While we love to help out with these issues, and did investigate them all (fortunately, we found that everything was in order, it was just that some users had trouble with their credit cards), it should be noted that the Tech Forums are not the place to post issues related to payments, credit cards, and issues with subscriptions.

For these issues, we strongly encourage everyone to review the Support Portal here and to submit a ticket to our Billing Support if your issue cannot be solved by one of the posted solutions.

Remember, Billing information is supposed to be private, so please try and avoid posting Billing issues here. I hate opening up a post to see the last 4 digits of someone's credit card, and also don't want to publicly post "Sorry, your credit card didn't have sufficient funds!" :)

Thanks much!

-Destra

We really, really cannot help you on the forums with billing questions, sorry. You need to either open a billing ticket or, if you are online when we have the chat staffed, use the billing chat as PegasusMD suggested in the post just above this one.

We will do our very best to help you when you contact us about your billing-related problems.

Thank you so much!
    edited June 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    Because folks do not seem to read the opening post, I'll quote it here once more:

We really, really cannot help you on the forums with billing questions, sorry. You need to either open a billing ticket or, if you are online when we have the chat staffed, use the billing chat as PegasusMD suggested in the post just above this one.

We will do our very best to help you when you contact us about your billing-related problems.

Thank you so much!

May I make a suggestion? Why not provide a link for billing-related problems on the "My Account" page (dashboard),under subscription? (and make it clear where to get help with billing-related problems when you create your account)
    edited June 2011
    WishStone wrote:

Thank you so much!

What if your question is not strictly billing, but more trying to find out why you lost 17 days on your 'Subscribed For' when you changed from paying every month to paying every six months, and it has been going on a week since you hear anything regarding the ticket you submitted?
    edited June 2011
    I purchased my copy of Star Trek Online from a retail store, and it came with a free ship. I would prefer to start the game using this ship;however if I purchase the lifetime membership via this website a digital copy of the game is included and it states there is no need for a retail key. Is it all clear for me to install first and then upgrade afterwards?
    edited July 2011
    Hey guys, I spotted several javascript errors in the purchasing Atari Tokens page. It's causing the page to crash everytime I try to buy tokens via PayPal.
    edited July 2011
    got same issues , didnt play for a few moths , want to play again with season 4 ; Your payment method was declined

thats weird because my CC works fine on champions online(witsh is from cryptic too)

i triyed like 15 times ; i reseaved 15 e-mails welcoming me back :confused::confused:

posted a ticket yesterday still no response ,i guess they dont want my money

48h later ;still no response on my ticket
    edited July 2011
    Hello i am trying to reactivate my account but my card keeps getting declined i have entered the details correctly.
    My card works with other mmos rift ect and it even works to buy atari tokens but not to reactivate my account. :confused:
    Please help as i was lookiing forward to trying out sto again to see if things have gotten better.
    edited July 2011
    i just had a reply ; Greetings, The billing information for your account does not match the payment information that you have provided. Thank you, Atari Support

so now my question : where can i see my billing information ?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

payment information is what i input on my CC i supose

Just bought 5€(500) atari tokens with that same CC , so if my billing info is not correct wy does it work on tokens ?

Better get Odo on this one , i smell a Feringi conspiration !
    edited July 2011
    Well i got this answer when i posted a ticket about the issue

Hello, We would like to confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue, which was caused by the new season patch. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible. Thank you for playing! Cryptic Support
    edited July 2011
    Tenka wrote: »
    Thank you for playing!

well thats just the problem , we cant play :p
    edited July 2011
    Also whats funny is i checked a recent bank statment and ive been charged but my account is still inactive
    :mad:
    edited July 2011
    better call your CC bank then , and tell them you didnt recieve what you paid for
    They can demand the money back , or even sue them