test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Billing Questions?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ticket system does work but you have to do a search before you get the option to create a ticket.

there is no free 30 days. the 30 days is a bonus for setting up an active subscription. it does not start until that subscription plan with a validated payment method has been done(notice the validated pat)
    if the payment option can not be validated then your subscription plan is not set up so is not active and no 30 days ticking off.

once the subscription plan is set with your future payment after the 30 days. then you can get into the game.
    edited August 2010
    I am having the same trouble with the payment method declined I have submitted several tickets and they keep giving me the run around. I can't even try to use the time cards because no stores in this area sell them. They really need to get this fixed. :mad::mad::mad:
    edited August 2010
    PegasusMD wrote:
    ticket system does work but you have to do a search before you get the option to create a ticket.

there is no free 30 days. the 30 days is a bonus for setting up an active subscription. it does not start until that subscription plan with a validated payment method has been done(notice the validated pat)
    if the payment option can not be validated then your subscription plan is not set up so is not active and no 30 days ticking off.

once the subscription plan is set with your future payment after the 30 days. then you can get into the game.

How can you set up a subscription if the system will not take your card? I have been trying for three days and am just about ready to call it quits.
    edited August 2010
    PDutcher wrote:
    I have this exact problem. I just entered my key for my 30 days (which is already counting down) and payment info and it still tells me to contact billing support but the ticket system is NOT working. I couldn't find a phone support number, except for a fax number.
    This is making me angry.

There is no phone support! One of the replies I got from a ticket told me to call a phone number. When I called the message said that Cryptic no longer has phone support. They didn't say why. Could it be that they were getting so many complaints that the just shut down the phones? That doesn't say much about their customer support. I did say something to them in yet another ticket. They apologized for the error about the phone number, but my problem still hasn't been fixed!
    edited August 2010
    londarhawk wrote: »
    When I called the message said that Cryptic no longer has phone support. They didn't say why. Could it be that they were getting so many complaints that the just shut down the phones?

Don't be silly. Phone support takes a lot of manpower, and it is inefficient, particularly when people think that tying up the support lines for hours while they go off on a pointless rant is a good idea (see that crazy guy on the forums who posted six threads, each of them with several pages of ranting? if you give him a telephone number, he will chew up more support hours than several dozen users with real problems). Cryptic's support got overloaded and severely backlogged, so they reorganised a while back.
    edited August 2010
    Miiru wrote:
    Don't be silly. Phone support takes a lot of manpower, and it is inefficient, particularly when people think that tying up the support lines for hours while they go off on a pointless rant is a good idea (see that crazy guy on the forums who posted six threads, each of them with several pages of ranting? if you give him a telephone number, he will chew up more support hours than several dozen users with real problems). Cryptic's support got overloaded and severely backlogged, so they reorganised a while back.

Point taken. My original point was that they sent me to phone support in the first place.

I know that I have been ranting some, but (Like some of the others) I'm a little tired of what seems to be a lack of support from these online games. I have avoided subscription games because of the support troubles I seen on other online games.
    edited August 2010
    londarhawk wrote: »
    How can you set up a subscription if the system will not take your card? I have been trying for three days and am just about ready to call it quits.

two things

one. submit a billing ticket and not a tech support ticket. keep this in mind billing only works Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 PM PDT
    two. you can call the number on the back of your card to see if they are refusing the validation check on the card. (could be something simple as the address or zipcode assigned to the card does not match what is on record for the crytptic account )

some people have alos post that they were able to setup the subscription using paypal secure credit card plugin option.
    edited August 2010
    PegasusMD wrote:
    two things

one. submit a billing ticket and not a tech support ticket. keep this in mind billing only works Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 PM PDT
    two. you can call the number on the back of your card to see if they are refusing the validation check on the card. (could be something simple as the address or zipcode assigned to the card does not match what is on record for the crytptic account )

some people have alos post that they were able to setup the subscription using paypal secure credit card plugin option.

Been There, Done That Didn't want the T-shirt. I have done all of the above. The last response I got asked me for my game key and account name. They said they would apply it for me.
    edited August 2010
    i lately reactivated my other acc (this i a lend one) from 31th july. i canceleed the recurrence 4 days later. the monay was payd but now i only got playtime until today, agust 9th instead of august 31th! 20 days gone to nowhere. im really angy about this. cause i cannot even contact anyone if my acc isnt active, what it should! be in this case. now im standing here beeing robbed 20days of gametime. i really need help.

the game i bugged a lot until 6 month of live, and now i must realise that billig is bugged too? sry but there the party is over. i payd 31 days of gametime, and i wanna have them. i even wondered why cryptic offed these cancel option for leaving behind the rest of gametime. thats total rubbish. when i cancelled last this option was not there anymore, so i thought "okay, i cancel now and play until payd gametime neds" but so now: im standing here with a cancelled sub without remaining gametime
    edited August 2010
    ok, i allready writen a tiket, got answered
    reactivation doesnt work - #946492 - Star Trek Online

I keep getting this message when ai try to reactivate my account

"Your payment method was declined. Please verify the information you have provided is correct. If you believe this is an error, please try another payment method or contact us for support here."

this are the settings for my last paymant and the money are in the account, but as last time, in my country curency
    i remember the first time i encountered a similar problem, but i dont remember how i solve it, maybe i just waited a few days, i dont remember for sure
    can somebody from the billing dev team :D help me with additional information about this declination?
    i played this weekend and got the taste for star trek once more
    pls answer fast, my star trek char is on red alert and with a core breach on final countdown
    i feel if i not give him the right orders fast, he will die in a big booooooom

Greetings! Thank you for contacting Cryptic Studios Billing Support. Unfortunately your payment method was not approved by your card issuing bank. Please contact your bank regarding this attempted purchase or add a new payment method to your account and attempt your purchase again. I have removed the existing listed payment methods so that you can enter them fresh. When doing so, pay close attention to all information that you add. A typo in an address is often the reason for a failure. If you continue to have issues with your payment, please reply to this ticket with any additional information that may help us in providing assistance. Regards, Chris Cryptic Studios Billing Support

the problem is that i cant seem to find any way to replay to a tiket of mine, so i posted the tiket here and maybe Chris reads the forum and help me some more

i talk to the bank and they said that no enquire for online paymant was made, therefore, i conclude the problem is in the "enter new credit card payment metod" section where i get the error: "Your payment method was declined."

i verified today also, and with a lot of atention
    the data i suplied is corect
    edited August 2010
    you reply to ticket by editing the original ticket.
    edited August 2010
    PegasusMD wrote:
    you reply to ticket by editing the original ticket.

to late now, i pushed the close tiket buton

and it does not metter, the important thing is to solve the problem
    edited August 2010
    Vegeta wrote: »
    to late now, i pushed the close tiket buton

and it does not metter, the important thing is to solve the problem

Been Half a month now and I still get declined payment. My Information is correct. I checked twice. and I know the ticket people are trying their "best" but unfortunately none of it is working. Can someone please help me? The problem is still persistant.

Do I need a certain Browser?
    Do I need Steam, I noticed that the trial on steam works fine!!
    What do I need?
    edited August 2010
    Arthmyx wrote: »
    Been Half a month now and I still get declined payment. My Information is correct. I checked twice. and I know the ticket people are trying their "best" but unfortunately none of it is working. Can someone please help me? The problem is still persistant.

Do I need a certain Browser?
    Do I need Steam, I noticed that the trial on steam works fine!!
    What do I need?

Ok guys I fixed my problem... and it was so obvious.:)
    The subscription of this game's website is different from other games. The website asked me for the billing address but there is also an extension of my zip code, for example (27089 - 0084). Usually game subscriptions do not ask for that (- 0084) part. But apparently that did it.
    edited August 2010
    My game dosent let me play i log in and it goes to the pach page and kicks me off the server and says account error and then tells me i have 30 free days but turns around and says i need to choose and pay for a service plan what the ...:mad:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the [URL=" http://forums.startrekonline.com/announcement.php?f=70&a=2"]Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines[/URL] ~InfoNinja
    edited August 2010
    Varook1985 wrote:
    My game dosent let me play i log in and it goes to the pach page and kicks me off the server and says account error and then tells me i have 30 free days but turns around and says i need to choose and pay for a service plan what the ....:mad:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the [URL=" http://forums.startrekonline.com/announcement.php?f=70&a=2"]Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines[/URL] ~InfoNinja

Since u have 30 free days I'm guessing you have just bought the game and have 30 free days on it.. As Pegasus said earlier, you have to subscribe again in order to play. It does not take out any money until the end of your free 30 days. If it does then submit a ticket to get it fixed.

I know mine did not get charged. I was hesitant as well, but I did not get charged at all. I also heard that if u cancel the subscription (If u are someone that wants to manually pay every month) then u can still play your free 30 days.:D

U might want to delete your number off of the forum too. it is kind of public.

For the first part, are you sure you are typing in the right information?

I'm just a player trying to help..because although Tickets do help, they only respond once a day and not on weekends lol.:confused::D
    edited August 2010
    can someone plz tell where i can get gametime cards. I bought the game at Walmart but they don't sell gametime cards. Does anyone know if walmart will start selling gametime cards?
    edited August 2010
    Dantusk wrote:
    can someone plz tell where i can get gametime cards. I bought the game at Walmart but they don't sell gametime cards. Does anyone know if walmart will start selling gametime cards?

I have not yet seen one either. So u can probably guess that since STO is fairly new..there are not many retailers stocking up on Game cards for this particular game or company.
    However.
    If you want extra items....thats why cryptic skipped the middle man and made the cryptic store. so u can buy Cryptic points, sort of like XBOX live except it is kind of cheaper.
    edited August 2010
    ok, i allready writen a tiket, got answered

the problem is that i cant seem to find any way to replay to a tiket of mine, so i posted the tiket here and maybe Chris reads the forum and help me some more

i talk to the bank and they said that no enquire for online paymant was made, therefore, i conclude the problem is in the "enter new credit card payment metod" section where i get the error: "Your payment method was declined."

i verified today also, and with a lot of atention
    the data i suplied is corect

I change the credit card, same problem
    Are you sure you want to make money from this game?
    edited August 2010
    I change the credit card, same problem
    Are you sure you want to make money from this game?

I have exactly the same problem. I tried to resubscribe but I always get the message that my sub was declined due to credit card problems. I tried two credit cards and I always get the same message. My cc are both ok, since they are in use.

Wrote a ticket but the answer didn't help at all. (Was somethink like "check your credit card"....lol )

Any ideas ?
    edited August 2010
    I have exactly the same problem. I tried to resubscribe but I always get the message that my sub was declined due to credit card problems. I tried two credit cards and I always get the same message. My cc are both ok, since they are in use.

Wrote a ticket but the answer didn't help at all. (Was somethink like "check your credit card"....lol )

Any ideas ?

The forums is meant to help players help solve each other's problems.

Earlier in the forum I posted:
    The subscription of this game's website is different from other games. The website asked me for the billing address but there is also an extension of my zip code, for example (27089 - 0084). Usually game subscriptions do not ask for that (- 0084) part. But apparently that did it.
    Go into your online banking statement, or mailed bank statement. The address is on the top- or it shud be.
    Hope it helps :D
    edited August 2010
    finaly, got an answer
    they suport only cards from: North America, UK, France or Germany
    i will pay using a friend from uk and i`ll give the mony back
    i sugest you do the same
    edited August 2010
    so after reading this entire forum and seeing numerous ppl with my exact problem and none getting fixed from what i can tell it looks like its going to be a shot in the dark that ill get to play this game thats sad i really love the star trek world and had high hopes for this gameill chalk it up to a loss of 45 bucks 20 for game 25 for prepaid visa thank the gods for blizzard they know to make the customers one of there top 3 priorities
    edited August 2010
    PegasusMD wrote:
    as stated before you have to actually buy the game not just subscription time withthe demo.

you have to enter a retail key from the purchase of the game
    select a renewing subscription plan
    and enter how you plan to pay for the subscription

and have it validated (credit card paypal or game time card info)

if any of these steps are skipped then the game will not be fully activated and you will stay in demo mode
    if you did all the steps then you need to open a ticket (you have to do a search beofre the option to create a ticket shows up.) as billing answers are not answered on the forum (other than some gm saying billing will look at it.)

so what you're saying is that in order to play the game i actually have to buy it and not just subscribe? i mean thats just stupid, cause they are the ones that put all the download links there and they are the ones that didn't mention that anywhere, i wasted money now cause if i knew this i'd buy only the game and play it for 30 days to try it whole out and not the 60 days key :mad:
    edited August 2010
    CueCappa wrote: »
    so what you're saying is that in order to play the game i actually have to buy it and not just subscribe? i mean thats just stupid, cause they are the ones that put all the download links there and they are the ones that didn't mention that anywhere, i wasted money now cause if i knew this i'd buy only the game and play it for 30 days to try it whole out and not the 60 days key :mad:

to just try out the game you can do the demo no cost but if you want to play the full game and go beyond the demo limits you have to buy the actually game.
    edited August 2010
    /me is so frustrated that I have cancelled my account and they are still billing me over a month later. It even says cancelled next to my account...

Yes, I have submitted a ticket through the annoyingly designed support ticket system where I have to click search for nothing to get help on something that should never have happened.
    edited August 2010
    Why does the manual only have support numbers for France, Germany and the UK but not the US????
    edited August 2010
    Ok i really enjoyed lpaying the demo of this game, therefore bought a time card and used it on my account. I recieved the email regarding its activation but it still insists i am in demo mode and on my account information it doesn't say i have it activated, so can anyone tell me where i went wrong:confused:?
    edited August 2010
    Twiggydude wrote:
    Ok i really enjoyed lpaying the demo of this game, therefore bought a time card and used it on my account. I recieved the email regarding its activation but it still insists i am in demo mode and on my account information it doesn't say i have it activated, so can anyone tell me where i went wrong:confused:?

you need to buy the actual game enter the retail key and select and setup a subscription plan (with type of payment ...in this case gamecard option)
    edited August 2010
    Hey i got a problem also =o

I payed for a month subscription then canceled the recurring sub. coz im not sure i can pay for next month. Now when i tried to log in i get "Account error please click here for more information", server changes to SERVER DOWN and when i click to see information there is nothing there to see just a blank support page.

I already have a retail key and finished my 30 days free months ago. I submited a ticket but its taking way to long.

Come on guys i really wana play -.-

Grrrr faster plox XD i work in a support related company and if i was this slow i would have gotten fired long time ago XD

Edit: i got a answer that my transaction didnt go through and that i have to do it again

But it did go through and the money is gone from my account -.-`

And now i cant even add my credit card ... perfect
    WTF?!