test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Billing Questions?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
Hey All,

Recently we saw a few billing issues escalated via forum posts here on the good old Tech Forums.

While we love to help out with these issues, and did investigate them all (fortunately, we found that everything was in order, it was just that some users had trouble with their credit cards), it should be noted that the Tech Forums are not the place to post issues related to payments, credit cards, and issues with subscriptions.

For these issues, we strongly encourage everyone to review the Support Portal here and to submit a ticket to our Billing Support if your issue cannot be solved by one of the posted solutions.

Remember, Billing information is supposed to be private, so please try and avoid posting Billing issues here. I hate opening up a post to see the last 4 digits of someone's credit card, and also don't want to publicly post "Sorry, your credit card didn't have sufficient funds!" :)

Thanks much!

-Destra
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Protip: for really fast responses to errors like "your payment was declined" from your credit card, there is an alternative support path: call the number printed on the back of your card. Your credit card provider runs a support service for precisely this sort of problem, and they can almost always explain what's going on in less than ten minutes. Sometimes they can even fix it for you right then. They may tell you that you have to talk to Cryptic about the problem, but this is rare; for the most common problems, they can help.

This may also work for debit cards, depending on your bank. Can't hurt to spend ten minutes trying.
    edited July 2010
    I have a question:

Why has my account been suspended?? I payed for 1 month on the 8th of July and have only got 1 week 2 days. i have created the relevant support ticket but i want this sorted today.
    edited July 2010
    OK i just have one thing to say here and yes i know that this is a tech support forum but from what i've seen so far this is the only way to get anything across.. First of all I did try to use the sumit a ticket page you mentioned.. let me ask you this .. have you actually tried to use it because it doesnt work, it promts you to choose billing or tech question and thats as far as you can go.. Secondly (which is the main reason im looking for help) i tried to set up an account which i was able to do but when i tried to load the game it keeps telling me that there is an account error so i click on a link.. The link sends me to a billing sight that tells me that i have a 30-trial and under that is askes for billing information. NOW, Explain to me why i would want to set up a subscription for something that i havent even tried yet.. if im suppose to have a 30-day trial then give me the trial and if after 30 days i think your company deserves my payments then at that time i will set up a subscription.. otherwise the game will be deleted from my computer and start collecting dust while i play Warcraft and Lord of the Rings (which by the way understand the meaning of the term 30-day free trial)
    edited July 2010
    Subscription is required to play that is how they tell if you are authorized to play by having a subscription. The 30 days in not a free trial but a subscription bonus like you find with magazine subscriptions( get 12 months for the price of 11 your first issue is free)

When you set up a subscription with a valid payment method credit card or paypal you are not charge for the subscription until after the 30 days therefore your free 30 days.
    if you cancel before the 30 days are up you are not changed for the subscription at all.

If you use a gametime card the 30 days is added to the time of the gametime card (ie 30 days gamecard plus 30 days free means 60 days before you have to enter another timecard)
    edited July 2010
    ok this is a weird question that falls under this category i guess.

i am trying to reactivate my subscription but i cant seem to find an option for it in 'my account'. what did i miss?
    edited July 2010
    Hello, I downloaded my client from Steam and was able to play the game game in Demo Mode. Now that feature is "Activated"on my account. I then bought a 60-day Game Time Card and applied it to my account. I received a confirmation e-mail and everything.

However, when I go into the game it still says I'm in Demo mode. What did I do wrong, or did I forget to something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I concur with Giomar, the Ticket submission process is borked. It doesn't allow you to submit tickets from:

http://www.startrekonline.com/tickets

Thanks,
    Camelman912
    edited July 2010
    as stated before you have to actually buy the game not just subscription time withthe demo.

you have to enter a retail key from the purchase of the game
    select a renewing subscription plan
    and enter how you plan to pay for the subscription

and have it validated (credit card paypal or game time card info)

if any of these steps are skipped then the game will not be fully activated and you will stay in demo mode
    if you did all the steps then you need to open a ticket (you have to do a search beofre the option to create a ticket shows up.) as billing answers are not answered on the forum (other than some gm saying billing will look at it.)
    edited July 2010
    I have a question:

Why has my account been suspended?? I payed for 1 month on the 8th of July and have only got 1 week 2 days. i have created the relevant support ticket but i want this sorted today.

I have this same issue, i have created a ticket i am still awaiting response.

What happened with me is, i payed for a month, patched for season 2, played for 2 hours, disconnected for the new patch, canceled my re-occurring subscription as i don't have the money to pay for the next month, yet it canceled my current subscription and took all previous game play hours, i payed again, then i was suspended.
    edited July 2010
    I have a question:

i also have this problem, payed on the 18th got the conformation email but now account suspended. had this problem awhile now. seems every 10 days or so it suspends my account until i resubmit payment. my email is loaded with conformation re-sub emails. now i cannot resubmit payment without an error. created a ticket 24 hours ago, anyone know about how long it takes to get a response?

:)edit: just wanted to answer my own question about wait time, CS responded about 24 hrs after i started a ticket. it was a personal response not an automated one. The problem effecting my account was identified and taken care of in a professional manner.
    edited July 2010
    I have waited around 48 hours with no response. Where and how did you place your ticket?
    edited July 2010
    There was an error processing your request. what can hi do ?
    edited July 2010
    Yonn wrote: »
    I have waited around 48 hours with no response. Where and how did you place your ticket?

you can submit and review tickets to Billing and Technical Support from the website. Go to "My Tickets", its in the drop down menu when you sign in on the STO website, right next to your mail notifications , you can submit a help request or follow up on a previous request. This is how i submitted a ticket for my billing issue hope this helps
    edited July 2010
    Hi

I just bought the lifetime sub by mistake i went to re activate my account and it wouldnt work with the normal 1 month sub kept coming it was unable to process so i clicked the lifetime sub an to my horror it worked. :eek:

How do i need to speak to, to get a refund am not gonna play sto till i get this sorted i mean i do want to play this game its just i dont want a lifetime sub yet as i cant afford it.

Any help would be great
    edited July 2010
    I just paid for one month of STO and it said Active for about a day, now it says SUSPENDED and I can only play until August 8th. That's about 3 weeks short of what I paid for. What's the deal? I submitted a ticket but I haven't gotten a response. Help? I'll be honest, if I get ripped off here I'm done with this game for good.
    edited July 2010
    njdss4 wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket but I haven't gotten a response.

They don't work weekends.
    edited July 2010
    Miiru wrote:
    They don't work weekends.

That would explain why i haven't had a answer to my ticket yet :(

Hope they can sort this out as am not gonna play sto till its sorted and season 2 looks
    so good as well

Think its best i don't play it incase they say well you have played it so we can't help you

:mad::mad:
    edited July 2010
    Hey I cant seem to redem my game i just got it to day and it wont let me it keeps saying This key does not Match our record
    Please Help thank you
    edited August 2010
    I downloaded the game and use an friend referral trial key for familiarization with the game. I liked it and decide to buy a retail key. I did and the activation was almost immediate (July 7). But for my surprise two days ago (July 28) the retail disappear and now I'm in demo again. Now my game is useless. No message or information prior from anyone of Cryptic.I was just kicked of the game. Without any warning or notification. Very strange!

Activated Features

* Friend Referral Trial
    * Star Trek Online Public Test Shard <<<< I'm pulled here >>>>

Subscriptions

* Recurring 1-Month ACTIVE
    Next Billing Date: Aug 7 2010
    PayPal Subscribed For: 23.85 days <<<< The clock is ticking >>>>

Change this subscription
    edited August 2010
    Havent been on for a few months, had made it to r-admiral and decided to take a rest and see what improvements were made to game play. decided to come back on and discover that I cant use paypal,(?)
    I can buy cryptic points with it but cant buy time...hmmm. So I went out and bought a 60 day game card (actually 2) and though the site recognizes its valid I keep getting an account error message. I have filed 3 support requests with no replies. A valid PayPal account, 4 months worth of time cards and I still cant play.

Better see some help soon or I'll scratch playing the game all together.
    edited August 2010
    Squiggs wrote:
    Havent been on for a few months, had made it to r-admiral and decided to take a rest and see what improvements were made to game play. decided to come back on and discover that I cant use paypal,(?)
    I can buy cryptic points with it but cant buy time...hmmm. So I went out and bought a 60 day game card (actually 2) and though the site recognizes its valid I keep getting an account error message. I have filed 3 support requests with no replies. A valid PayPal account, 4 months worth of time cards and I still cant play.

Better see some help soon or I'll scratch playing the game all together.

Same problem here... Except I did get an answer which is apparently a form letter. They simple told me that my payment method was declined. HAH! I can buy cryptic points with it but its declined when it comes to the subscription??? Really? I also tried everything, three different CCs, paypal, gametime cards everything and none of it works and their response is your payment was declined. uh no!

Billing support needs to look into this and give more then a form letter response. There is something wrong and it needs to be looked into.

My Support Ticket for reference is #933638 could one of you guys please look into? and provide more of an answer then a form letter. There is nothing wrong with my forms of payments, its your system that has the problem.
    edited August 2010
    I just bought the Digital Download version of the game and I was given the information and everything. Through Atari. But when I try to activate it. The website takes me to a Billing website where I have to pay for another 30 Days..And then it tells me my payment was declined? How is that possible?
    edited August 2010
    It's amazing that, with a decline in Subscriptions, that they wouldnt put forth even a modest effort in trying to retain past and current members.
    edited August 2010
    Squiggs wrote:
    It's amazing that, with a decline in Subscriptions, that they wouldnt put forth even a modest effort in trying to retain past and current members.

Perhaps the conclusion you should draw is that there is no decline? Since there's no evidence either way, your own argument says that would make more sense.
    edited August 2010
    Hello, my subscription ended yesterday, August 1st, so I went to prolong it. Using my CC it told me there was an error (I can buy Cryptic points fine, so my CC is all right) and when I tried PayPal, I was directed to a PayPal page without any price and clicking on continue send me back to Startrekonline. My account now reads as active with payment date toady, August 2nd. Any idea what is wrong? Will have to do this daily? Or what.

EDIT

The maintenance set my account to cancelled, CC still does not work and using PayPal gets me the same result. I see active with next payment date today. Fix that system!
    edited August 2010
    No need to fear people. you can probably imagine that with so many people experiencing problems.. and since this part of the forum was a mistake because everyone is directed to "submit a ticket". There must be thousands submitting tickets, some do it multiple times. Therefore it will take time before they will get to you. In the mean time all we can do is play another game, till this is fixed.

Eh it could be worse... I bought a digital copy....

Also I noticed that if you buy the game through Steam, activate it through Steam. you can play the game through Steam....which is easy..but it is to late for me lol.
    edited August 2010
    Um I bought the digital version of the game.. I was charged $21.54
    When I used my cd key to try and subscribe my account it tells me my "payment is declined" not only that...I am missing $30 from my account. Now I dont wanna cause an uproar about $30 missing. But. that money could have been put back into the game. Please answer me.FAST
    edited August 2010
    Novarth wrote: »
    Um I bought the digital version of the game.. I was charged $21.54
    When I used my cd key to try and subscribe my account it tells me my "payment is declined" not only that...I am missing $30 from my account. Now I dont wanna cause an uproar about $30 missing. But. that money could have been put back into the game. Please answer me.FAST

you need to open a ticket with billing. you are not going to get a quick answer on the forums

from the fourm front page on this section of the forum
    Receive peer to peer support for technical issues in regards to Star Trek Online here! File a support ticket if you need help from the Cryptic Support team.
    edited August 2010
    The tricky part is that you can't open a ticket. At leat I can't. I have similar problems, the site accepts my key but it want me to pay for at least one more month. I start to realize that I may have to buy one more month if I want to enjoy my first free month.
    edited August 2010
    First, the good news, after 5 days Im able to log back on, hurray! :D
    Secondly, I first payed with a 30 day STO/PayPal transaction (went through great) and then I activated a 60 day prepaid card (also went through great) but this is not listed on my account. So, will this "60 Day" kick in after my "30 day" has lapsed?

Thanks in advance.
    edited August 2010
    Giomar wrote:
    OK i just have one thing to say here and yes i know that this is a tech support forum but from what i've seen so far this is the only way to get anything across.. First of all I did try to use the sumit a ticket page you mentioned.. let me ask you this .. have you actually tried to use it because it doesnt work, it promts you to choose billing or tech question and thats as far as you can go.. Secondly (which is the main reason im looking for help) i tried to set up an account which i was able to do but when i tried to load the game it keeps telling me that there is an account error so i click on a link.. The link sends me to a billing sight that tells me that i have a 30-trial and under that is askes for billing information. NOW, Explain to me why i would want to set up a subscription for something that i havent even tried yet.. if im suppose to have a 30-day trial then give me the trial and if after 30 days i think your company deserves my payments then at that time i will set up a subscription.. otherwise the game will be deleted from my computer and start collecting dust while i play Warcraft and Lord of the Rings (which by the way understand the meaning of the term 30-day free trial)

I have this exact problem. I just entered my key for my 30 days (which is already counting down) and payment info and it still tells me to contact billing support but the ticket system is NOT working. I couldn't find a phone support number, except for a fax number.

This is making me angry.