What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Catian Species: color me impressed

123457»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Mojo wrote: »
    I don't know, lions hold their tails pretty much like the revised posture when at rest. That is, downward, then up at the end.

I think jax is inferring that the tail should look more like it is an extension of the spinal vertebrae, not a deviation or offshoot. (Much like our own tail bones, called coccyx. However, ours curve inwards to support our internal structures.)
    edited June 2010
    I don't know, lions hold their tails pretty much like the revised posture when at rest. That is, downward, then up at the end.

Yeah, but in that position, the lion's spine is horizontal, not vertical.
    I think jax is inferring that the tail should look more like it is an extension of the spinal vertebrae, not a deviation or offshoot. (Much like our own tail bones, called coccyx. However, ours curve inwards to support our internal structures.)

Pretty much, yep.
    edited June 2010
    Pacifica- wrote:
    Any Chance you can fix the Tail so its more realistic ? I mean as it is now the Tail comes out of the body at a 90degree Angle and doesnt look quite right...

a Tail is attached to the spine and should not stick out the way its now, it kinda looks like a tail pinned on a donkey... if you can get the tail to just flow off the spine at anything other than a 90 Degree angle it would look alot better and more realistic

Agreed. In another Caitian thread, I found this image: http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/130930/Star%20Trek%20The%20Animated%20Caitian.jpg

You can see the tail goes under the TOS skirt... but in game, it sticks right out the butt.
    edited June 2010
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Agreed. In another Caitian thread, I found this image: http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/130930/Star%20Trek%20The%20Animated%20Caitian.jpg

You can see the tail goes under the TOS skirt... but in game, it sticks right out the butt.

good eye my friend good eye
    edited June 2010
    Felderburg wrote: »

That could work, but I would think the Dramatic look of the species would be lost by limiting the tail under the Dress..
    edited June 2010
    Pacifica- wrote:
    That could work, but I would think the Dramatic look of the species would be lost by limiting the tail under the Dress..

It would also more or less force them to wear skirts. Even the men.
    edited June 2010

Well if we are given Kilts or the Certain Dress Uniform then yes, with pants I wouldnt think its too much of an issue
    edited June 2010

No, if a Caitian wore pants, the tail would just angle downwards, rather than sticking straight out, if the tail were changed.
    edited June 2010
    Pacifica- wrote:
    Well if we are given Kilts or the Certain Dress Uniform then yes, with pants I wouldnt think its too much of an issue

Skants ftw. I want a skant for my toons. :3
    edited June 2010
    In the Simon & Schuster's pocketbook about the worlds of the federation Caitians home planet are mentioned as on of the worlds. The picture in it shows a male Caitian (no TRIBBLE like the females have in the animated series). On that picture he is wearing a robe, that is best described as a dress with a deep cleavage and the tail sticking out from under the dress. I'll post a picture as soon as I've been able to scan it.