test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to find required game data files.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi,

I purchased a hard copy of Star Trek Online yesterday and as of yet have not been able to play the game despite multiple install/reinstall and patching. Each time I get to Engage on the launcher it tries to full screen the game, fails and remains endlessly loading on a windowed screen. Task Manager will show it as "Not Responding", if I Right-Click and force it up via the Task Bar, it will show me the following error:

Window #1:

Unable to find required game data files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix the situation.

Window #2:

Preloading DLLS. . .done.
FileSystem startup. . . GameDataDirs:
x.

It will never proceed any further then this...

http://www.2shared.com/file/12412701/747f16fc/DxDiag.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    unable to access your dxdiag report.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have the EXACT same problem.

dxdiag text
    http://pastebin.com/hxKxujLc
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Does anybody here ever respond?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Valek005
    you dxdaig looks ok. How did you install the game and in which directory did you install it?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I agree... everything looks to be alright... have you tried running the game in Win XP compatability mode? Or Vista? You're computer almost seems TOO good :P
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I did not try to run in any of the other compatibilities because I figured this was a relatively new game and has Windows 7 64-bit listed as being compatible. I'll try that, but it seems to be working just fine as long as I play in safe mode. My pc is pretty much brand new, rolled off the HP assembly line. That's probably why it looks too good. LOL.
  • Options
    cyclonejack1307cyclonejack1307 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem and i tried all of the solutions listed above with no results
    please advise

I am running a Compaq Presario with windows 7 64 bit 2.4Ghz amd athlon LE-1640
    2GB of ram and a built in nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430

the game ran beautifully on this machine until this latest update i took a break from the game last year and now that i have updated the game this is what happens
  • Options
    ottomo2ottomo2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Years lates that was the only relevant thread i could find...im having the same problem on windows 10 (1803). did all patches and tried safe mode and verify but nothing works...on pressing engage the launcher shuts down with no message and if i locate the gameclient.exe in my x64, steamapps directory i get Unable to find required game data files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix the situation.hopefully 5 years after the original post there would be a solution to this?