test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Saturday Lag/Map Transfer Issues

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ah well ppl, not end of the world i'm gonna do what a normal person would do and figure its down for a few hours and go bed :D 2.20 am in UK hehe

Night all, happy moaning :D
    edited March 2010
    Just sit and wait and look at my link, it will help you relax.

Shameless self-quote:

On a related note, as I have mentioned looking for it now, take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITnDatP0W8

Somehow I like that little guy.
    edited March 2010
    On a related note, as I have mentioned looking for it now, take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITnDatP0W8

Somehow I like that little guy.

Uhm, that's just disturbing.....with an even more disturbingly catchy tune.
    edited March 2010
    Just sit and wait and look at my link, it will help you relax.

Shameless self-quote:

who doesn't like timmy??

on a side note in case anyone hasn't seen: the fix is going live in the next few mins
    edited March 2010
    whats 8.30 pst in Aussie speak ?????????

Cheers
    edited March 2010
    Even though I feel the super-strong urge to really put you on ignore, I find you to be upsetting me to such a stupendous degree that I actually am intrigued by you, as well as your completely wrong picture of me.

Give my regards to your niece. Honestly.

... excuse me now please, gotta get back on the ground beating it up some more before I will ease off my mind with an episode of "Timmy Time".

(actually, looking for some Shaun or Timmy now really is a good idea - thanks again) :D

ROFL!

Nicely done! Ya made me smile. :)

Be certain to time the right and left fist pounding with the opposite foot, otherwise you'll completely unbalance yourself. This knowledge comes to you from careful observance of my darling little niece (whom I love dearly, btw)...

Mistiming this artform can often result in a sudden roll to one side (and a faceplant) while completely losing any remaining dignity, further infuriating yourself (at least it does my niece) as the surrounding onlookers laugh hysterically with tears streaming down their collective faces. Can't wait till she can speak in full sentences and just tell me to "eff off". My sister would just LOVE that... :D
    edited March 2010
    Liandras wrote:
    O btw cryptic, I would like to point you a race from EVE called the mimatar they have some EXCELLENT skills when it comes to duct tape.

beside that hope it is fixed when i whake up.

Speaking of EvE, I wish that TK8 was here with his flash writing frame of mind. Here's a blast from the past, long live TK8

http://m-devillers.ruhosting.nl/rmrnstuff.html
    edited March 2010
    Uhm, that's just disturbing.....with an even more disturbingly catchy tune.

:D I know. Kinda settles in into your head and makes you smile at random.

You'd also be surprised how much one can learn from watching Timmy Time.
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of EvE, I wish that TK8 was here with his flash writing frame of mind. Here's a blast from the past, long live TK8

Classic........
    edited March 2010
    I work on items which absolutely tick people off. I've stood there looking at the situation and hade the internal thought to myself "Do I let it go or start the chain of events and call it all off". Every time I put the stop to the situation, which really angers my managers. It also really angers people sittng in a waiting area hoping to go home. I work in an environment which is somewhat service, but my product is an inanimate object. I have called myself a few times to stop progress of the situation and too back off till the situation was further investigated. I did all that just from my gut feeling.

The only bad side effect from my desicions is that many folks don't get home or to where they wanted to go. I live with it and sleep welll at night knowing I never put your grandma in jeapardy when stepping onto an aircraft to come visit you.

So if your day is inturupted by not being able to be fat an lazy behind a keyboard? Talk to the people I've disappinted.... And possibly saved there lives.

It's all good bro. They'll have it back up as soon as they can
    edited March 2010
    wwoods wrote: »
    People are angry because there paying for a broken product...and what there paying isnt the point. You pay for something you done expect to recieve broken junk, pretty simple concept

They need to take some of that 10mill bonus and hire some competent devs

Ok, I have to weigh in here...

Everyone is complaining about a "broken" product... The devs are working and the game has been nearly flawless since week 2 of launch, so all of us Betas, we can't really hold all the issues during the beta against them.

Second -- if you all expect to pay for something that works flawlessly -- let me know when you get your refund from Microsoft, because whether you have XP, Vista or Window's 7, they are all flawed... and sometimes when Microsoft pushes patches out, they make even more problems... but I'm sure you're not calling up Microsoft and demanding your money back -- are you? Or are you on their forums complaining? Didn't think so... Man up people.
    edited March 2010
    Jundak wrote: »
    ROFL!

Nicely done! Ya made me smile. :)

Be certain to time the right and left fist pounding with the opposite foot, otherwise you'll completely unbalance yourself. This knowledge comes to you from careful observance of my darling little niece (whom I love dearly, btw)...

Mistiming this artform can often result in a sudden roll to one side (and a faceplant) while completely losing any remaining dignity, further infuriating yourself (at least it does my niece) as the surrounding onlookers laugh hysterically with tears streaming down their collective faces. Can't wait till she can speak in full sentences and just tell me to "eff off". My sister would just LOVE that... :D

I'll keep that in mind. *takes notes regarding balance* :)

All the best to you and your loved ones.
    edited March 2010
    I'll post this once more: the front page has been updated: fix is going live in a few minutes!
    edited March 2010
    Well this is crappy.

So i'm watching DS9 clips on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzARkU5l2JE

Dominion First Contact.
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for keeping us apprised of the situation. :)

(*hands a 10 kg. block of Jimbalian Fudge to GM_Destra :eek:*) Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated. (*peck on the cheek*)

Toss in a bottle of Saurian Brandy too. :D
    edited March 2010
    testing 1 2 3 1 2 3
    edited March 2010
    Gonkulor wrote: »
    I work on items which absolutely tick people off. I've stood there looking at the situation and hade the internal thought to myself "Do I let it go or start the chain of events and call it all off". Every time I put the stop to the situation, which really angers my managers. It also really angers people sittng in a waiting area hoping to go home. I work in an environment which is somewhat service, but my product is an inanimate object. I have called myself a few times to stop progress of the situation and too back off till the situation was further investigated. I did all that just from my gut feeling.

The only bad side effect from my desicions is that many folks don't get home or to where they wanted to go. I live with it and sleep welll at night knowing I never put your grandma in jeapardy when stepping onto an aircraft to come visit you.

So if your day is inturupted by not being able to be fat an lazy behind a keyboard? Talk to the people I've disappinted.... And possibly saved there lives.

lol I read your post to the end - at first I thought you were talking religion and then about the great flood..

I'm glad you dont let pilots fly drunk :P...

Just make sure the doors dont fall off mid flight
    edited March 2010
    vampir wrote:
    whats 8.30 pst in Aussie speak ?????????

Cheers

Well, PDT = -7GMT and AEST (east aussie time) = +10 GMT

so 8:30 + 17 hours = 1:30 AM AEST. I think... math isn't my strongest at 3am in the morning. :o
    edited March 2010
    Cool, glad they are working on a fix. This is great news! It took awhile for this to happen, but now that it IS happening I'm very glad (my guess is they had to wait for some people to drive in on their day off :( )
    edited March 2010
    Haha, a fix is going live? Cool, cept I started to self troubleshoot by deleting files. My last deletion was 4 gig. Atleast I see my patcher finally picking up steam. *crosses fingures
    edited March 2010

Awesome, very funny! :D
    edited March 2010
    wwoods wrote: »
    Ya know....I hope someone gets their TRIBBLE fired over this, on the spot. He deservs to loose his job, idiot dev doesnt deserve to have a job after this

I hope that when you get your first job in a couple of years you get fired for making a mistake. Mistakes happen in any business. To demand someone get fired for it is just wrong.
    edited March 2010
    Ok folks its 12:31 pm in AU atm - what time is it currently pst ? please
    edited March 2010
    Updates added to the OP
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    Hey All,

We are actively troubleshooting the issues surrounding lag and map transfers.

Our hope is to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I will update this thread once there is a resolution.

5:30PM Update: We may have a plan. Currently it is in the process of being sanity checked. There is a high likelihood that there will be a brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

6:00PM Update: Per Continuum:

Okay everyone the plan for fixing this issue has changed. Since it got worse as the day went on we upped the time table.

We've started some work on the db to prep it for the fix.
    Sometime around 6:15 (exact time to come with plenty of warnings in game) we'll be bringing the servers down for emergency maintenance.
    That'll let us run the rest of the fixes needed to solve the map transfer lag issue.
    Once the fixes are finished we'll be bringing the servers back up.

We're working hard to get other fixes ready for the same window (PvP in particular). If they aren't ready in time we may still need to do a 3am maintenance, but hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone.

6:15PM Update:
    We will be performing a maintenance period within the next few minutes. The servers will be offline momentarily while we apply a fix. The maintenance is expected to last two hours and we hope to be back up by 8:30PM

when are you gonna realise not all the community here comes from your timezone , which isnt even stated so basically most have no idea what time you mean.
    edited March 2010
    vampir wrote:
    Ok folks its 12:31 pm in AU atm - what time is it currently pst ? please

I believe the PST time is the one that comes with the time of your post

EDIT- I have my time zone in account options set to PST so that i can see this
    edited March 2010
    it's 7:30PM Mountain time here and the map problem still exists. have wasted a couple of hours trying to get out and having to wait for the game to time out. The server status should go down until all the "New Features" are fixed.
    edited March 2010
    Gonkulor wrote: »

From which analogy, surely they should've taken things offline hours ago ;) Know when to call it, take the initial hit rather than putting up 'DELAYED' indefinately ;)
    edited March 2010
    Vampir it's 6:30ish here and glad I could amuse
    edited March 2010
    Since there is still some tension remaining in here, I have to use one of my ultimate weapons:

Hit it, Shaun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtfb4m6xGCA&feature=related

(trust me, you'll like this one)
This discussion has been closed.