test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Job!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Still not fixed here
0327 14:44:45 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)
100327 14:46:14 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)
100327 14:46:25 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)
100327 14:47:02 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)
100327 14:47:49 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)
100327 14:48:06 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)
100327 14:48:07 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)
100327 14:49:46 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(113)

I did go into sub folder and launch from client exe and was able too launch game but there it hangs up at character selection.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Can not luanch the game from the client exe. it missing vital information the launcher gives the client to connect.
    Where do you have the game installed on what OS?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cryptic QA FTW
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well since I have never had problems connecting and playig the game since OB (except when there were actual server crashes), The porblem is not some inherent to the game or servers but with combination of the game and the users setup and connection. So with out probler information sent to the right people nothing will get to fix and a peer to peer forum is not always the correct place to post but working with actual support people.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    im running windows 7 32bit and game is installed in user/games/cryptic it was working fine 2 days ago and ive tried a full reinstall and still nothin
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cynecia wrote:
    im running windows 7 32bit and game is installed in user/games/cryptic it was working fine 2 days ago and ive tried a full reinstall and still nothin

Your problem is you can not connect or the launcher is showing the servers down or are you crashing.?

What are you using for firewall , antivirus , and are you using anyother net protections progrmas like spydoctor, net nanny, windows defender etc.

can you do a tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

can you d/l and run nettest

Nettest:
    Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
    Download this file and run it
    A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

Column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate).

can you post the results?
    did you check that IE is not set to work offline?

are you using any of the proxy options. if so which one.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    netnest times out and i haver turned off any fire walls or virus protections
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    make sure (if using vista or win7) you have nettest to run as admin. if it is timed out then something is blocking the program from accessing the net.. some net guard programs leave process running to block programs even is you disable them.
    avast, zonealram AVG are noted for it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tried i right clickedc then ran program as administrator still nothing the game is launching now on my other pc wich is running windows xp pro but its no where near as fast as this one and doesnt acualy solve my issue
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    now i have uninstalled any and all virus or antivirus malware spyware hackware u name it its gone turned off windows fire wall and windows defender deleted and uninstalled game completeley reinstalled now im patch and at 15% lets see what happens now