test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

March 4th Infected sign here if you HAVE NEVER COMPLETED MISSION

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The mission where you have to go to the Bajor Fire Caves is filled with bugs, including pathing issues that really slow you up, then there is an issue at the end with the boss disappearing and not coming back. It caused me to have to restart the mission the first time I tried it. I'm waiting for the pathing fixes to go live before I do the mission again. Until then, I'm working on my alt and tribble testing.

The pathing was fixed in there. Did it about 10 days ago on my second RA. My first one saw that pathing problem and it took forever to complete because of it.

The boss not reappearing however is one I never experienced before so I guess I was lucky on that.

Edit: Now if the pathing issue is back that's possible. Champions had a bug that was fixed only to reappear a few weeks later so wouldn't put it by Cryptic for their bugs to come back in syndication.
    edited March 2010
    I am Rear Admiral 5 since one week and a half from game launch, and i have not even enetered this mission. I prefer PVP content :)
    edited March 2010
    The pathing was fixed in there. Did it about 10 days ago on my second RA. My first one saw that pathing problem and it took forever to complete because of it.

The boss not reappearing however is one I never experienced before so I guess I was lucky on that.

Edit: Now if the pathing issue is back that's possible. Champions had a bug that was fixed only to reappear a few weeks later so wouldn't put it by Cryptic for their bugs to come back in syndication.

Thanks for letting me know. I never saw it on the release notes for tribble or for holodeck. The last I heard of it it was on the March 3 engineering report as coming soon. I'll have to go through and finish getting to RA5 this week.
    edited March 2010
    shadowgate wrote: »
    I have never once completed this mission. I tried it for days and days after it came out. Groups failed and gave up. Today I thought well I am bored so I will try it. First group I had the people couldn't get the code in after 4 try's for the first shield. The second group I had was just a group of we die a lot.

tried many times and never beat the last room, just can't be bothered anymore.
    edited March 2010
    Try it like this http://bildr.no/view/614585 i am sure that after tomorrow this option to kill her will be gone :rolleyes:
    edited March 2010
    tyyy wrote: »
    Try it like this http://bildr.no/view/614585 i am sure that after tomorrow this option to kill her will be gone :rolleyes:

@_@ how did you get so many turrets out at once?
    edited March 2010
    tyyy wrote: »

Wow lol. How do you manage to get *that* many turrets?
    edited March 2010
    paddoxx wrote: »
    I'm RA5 and I've actually never got round to doing it.

same everyone says it takes hours and hours... doesn't really sound fun just something people do for "OMGLOOT"
    edited March 2010
    I am RA5, but have been waiting on a respec before I try it out.
    edited March 2010
    not there yet, so

/sign
    edited March 2010
    same everyone says it takes hours and hours... doesn't really sound fun just something people do for "OMGLOOT"

Funny enough, just do the daily exploration and you can get epix the easy way.
    edited March 2010
    I'm RA5, with the best gear I can find. I got a group of other RA5's, after a lengthy amount of time we made it to the last room, where the Borg Queen killed us so easily, apparently it was some AOE. All that effort for nothing. Don't know, or care anymore how to kill her. Seemed like a big waste of time, for marks you get what, more antiproton stuff with? From what I've seen, Plasma still knocks the socks off Antiproton if you do it right.
    edited March 2010
    I have no intentions of doing this raid. As trivial as it may sound, I just can't bring myself to do platform puzzles in an MMO (for what it's worth). Maybe I'll change my mind, but at this point, nah.
    edited March 2010
    It's not really a puzzle. You just kill tons of stuff and it takes a very long time. In the end I think you get what, 1 mark of something to buy more useless stuff with.
    edited March 2010
    alligator wrote: »
    Funny enough, just do the daily exploration and you can get epix the easy way.

Just got my purple covariant shield yesterday, no point in doing dailies anymore either lol.
    edited March 2010
    paddoxx wrote: »
    I'm RA5 and I've actually never got round to doing it.

Same for me.
    edited March 2010
    I have never once completed this mission. I tried it for days and days after it came out. Groups failed and gave up. Today I thought well I am bored so I will try it. First group I had the people couldn't get the code in after 4 try's for the first shield. The second group I had was just a group of we die a lot.

i haven't done it, but probably because i'm only an ltc 8 and have more important humanitarian missions to currently do >_>
    like spreading tribbles across the 9 reaches of the galaxy
    edited March 2010
    Planet03 wrote:
    I have no intentions of doing this raid. As trivial as it may sound, I just can't bring myself to do platform puzzles in an MMO (for what it's worth). Maybe I'll change my mind, but at this point, nah.

that bit actually sounds interesting making it more actiony.... ground combat at the moment seems very bog standard "mmo" which is naff as hell, it should be more like tabula rasa like quite a few people agreed
    i haven't done it, but probably because i'm only an ltc 8 and have more important humanitarian missions to currently do >_>
    like spreading tribbles across the 9 reaches of the galaxy

we need more tribble missions i want to visit the tribble moon! :)
    edited March 2010
    Its hard at first but after a few times it becomes fun. i completed the mission 6 times now and only with random groups who had team work who done it before.
    edited March 2010
    finished it once, but got no loot (died in the plasma, and nobody in our group could revive me). a complete waste of time.

-ken
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    /me wonders what the point of this thread is other than to try and make all the people that do enjoy it feel bad.

The point was and is to make it clear that the mission is next to impossible to complete. I don't appreciate the direct statement that I am trying to make other players feel bad is unacceptable.

IT IS NOT APPRECIATED
    edited March 2010
    Just got my purple covariant shield yesterday, no point in doing dailies anymore either lol.

I do not know if you are joking or what but are you saying that you will never have another character?
    edited March 2010
    Snowreap wrote:
    finished it once, but got no loot (died in the plasma, and nobody in our group could revive me). a complete waste of time.

-ken

That's how I beat it too.
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:
    I do not know if you are joking or what but are you saying that you will never have another character?

No I mean I will not be doing the daily mission anytime soon. I may have one or two more characters, but I like to stick to one. Takes long enough for me to get a single character just the way i want with all the gear etc, and now bridge officers.
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    /me wonders what the point of this thread is other than to try and make all the people that do enjoy it feel bad.

I woudn't think so, I would take it as STF still need alot of work. It's a good starting point, but... ya. Less ground combat, more space combat! :P

As for me, I have played it about a dozen times. I am really tired of it! Don't like it one bit, and I am not happy from what I have seen in The Cure.
    edited March 2010

IT IS NOT APPRECIATED

u mad bro? Calm down. It wasn't meant to offend you.
    edited March 2010
    No I mean I will not be doing the daily mission anytime soon. I may have one or two more characters, but I like to stick to one. Takes long enough for me to get a single character just the way i want with all the gear etc, and now bridge officers.

Ah ok I see now. I agree I have 2 charactes right now and I have one at commander 2 and one at commander 6. I cant decide if I like joined trill tactical or vulcan science right now.
    edited March 2010
    mrlee95 wrote: »
    I woudn't think so, I would take it as STF still need alot of work. It's a good starting point, but... ya. Less ground combat, more space combat! :P

As for me, I have played it about a dozen times. I am really tired of it! Don't like it one but, and I am not happy from what I have seen in The Cure.

If it walks like a duck
    edited March 2010
    If it walks like a duck

It must be a cow? :P
    edited March 2010
    Sorry I never tried it yet (Captain 5)