test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

March 4th Infected sign here if you HAVE NEVER COMPLETED MISSION

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have never once completed this mission. I tried it for days and days after it came out. Groups failed and gave up. Today I thought well I am bored so I will try it. First group I had the people couldn't get the code in after 4 try's for the first shield. The second group I had was just a group of we die a lot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Never since I'm still Commander 4.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm RA5 and I've actually never got round to doing it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Never. I don't like my fed engineer and just levelled my Tac Klingon to BG last week.
    But, I have wait and waited for a group. Nothing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nope, haven't tried it. Not into jumping puzzle nonsense...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Finished it, but I'm *never* doing it again so does that count?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ive heard it was like 5 hours or so to do. So I will never probably attempt it. I dont like being glued to my computer for that long. I have kids, a wife and a life.

Im not exactly a casual gamer, and sometimes I do sit down and play something for hours. But thats because I want too. Not because I have too.

Games should seriously move away from anything that takes over an hour or two to complete. Anything more than that is ridiculous....... :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    /me wonders what the point of this thread is other than to try and make all the people that do enjoy it feel bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    since i am Captain 9 i have never done this mission.
    coderanger wrote:
    /me wonders what the point of this thread is other than to try and make all the people that do enjoy it feel bad.

exactly.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ive heard it was like 5 hours or so to do. So I will never probably attempt it. I dont like being glued to my computer for that long. I have kids, a wife and a life.

Im not exactly a casual gamer, and sometimes I do sit down and play something for hours. But thats because I want too. Not because I have too.

Games should seriously move away from anything that takes over an hour or two to complete. Anything more than that is ridiculous....... :mad:

Did it twice. First time right when it came out and very little knew how to do it, took about 5 hours. Second time it was done just inside of 3 on a team of 1 expert, 1 person with little experience (me), and 3 rookies. Or was it 4 rookies since one got stuck and couldn't move so he gave up and we got another rookie to take his place in the last room.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I didn't try the mission.
    I'm more of a casual player and didn't want to play the STF cause it appears to attract the more "serious" players.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Delazure wrote: »
    Never since I'm still Commander 4.

LOL! :D

That was really funny.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

the OP said he has tried and tried and never got it finished. How is that making those who enjoy it feel bad? If anything they should feel good they got it done reading his post.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

To show you guys how many people are upset with the mission? The majority of the game is designed for casual gamers yes? And here is this mission, a preview of what's in store until at least Season 2, marketed towards more hard core gamers which does not appeal to the casual gamers, likely your largest number of players LEFT. (Thanks Stormstryke)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've never completed it, but that is because I'm waiting at RA2 until the Cage of Fire fixes are live.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Attempted this mission 6 or 7 times. Group always fails at the end room. People don;t follow instructions, fail at jumping, or quit the group suddenly.

Please feel bad if you have completed this mission. Please do. Feel bad for all the people who don't understand what "end game content" is. For the people who PuG this having no clue what the concept of strategy is.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To show you guys how many people are upset with the mission? The majority of the game is designed for casual gamers yes? And here is this mission, a preview of what's in store until at least Season 2, marketed towards more hard core gamers which does not appeal to the casual gamers, likely your largest number of players LEFT.

Fixed. :)

A lot of the true hardcore gamers have left already because they didn't feel challenged. So putting a challenge at the end, they may not have seen it because they left before getting there.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:

My big suggestion:

Please make this radisode, or future ones like it, divided into two parts. See? That works. Some of your missions are like that.

That way, I can finish half of it and come back later and do the rest. And if a team wants to go ahead and do the whole thing they can. Everyone wins.

Please? :o
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've never completed it, but that is because I'm waiting at RA2 until the Cage of Fire fixes are live.

Cage of Fire fixes?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    paddoxx wrote: »

Same. Can't seem to get the time. Or make the time tbh. I get good stuff from dailies to use on ... well what ? a group mission thyat gives the same sort of stuff ?

cba
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have no characters above commander 6 still. I havent even had time in the past week to login but once. Honestly it doesnt bother me that much. Where I live the economy is horrible and I am just happy to still have a job doing something I enjoy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cage of Fire fixes?

The mission where you have to go to the Bajor Fire Caves is filled with bugs, including pathing issues that really slow you up, then there is an issue at the end with the boss disappearing and not coming back. It caused me to have to restart the mission the first time I tried it. I'm waiting for the pathing fixes to go live before I do the mission again. Until then, I'm working on my alt and tribble testing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I havn't done it because i don't think the reward justif'ys the effort.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LOL i have been away awaiting the new content release tomorrow! I dont even know where i would go to take part in that mission! Anyone point me in the right direction?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fixed. :)

A lot of the true hardcore gamers have left already because they didn't feel challenged. So putting a challenge at the end, they may not have seen it because they left before getting there.

Haha thanks for the fix! I'm gonna update that post now =P
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Have beat it just about every day, no im not in a fleet just have slowly made friends who also knew what they were doing so usually now i have 2 or people knowing what there doing. Best time currently is 1:17 i know with the right groups u can get under a hour. When i started out i had runs of 5 hours then it slowly kept dropping now i like 2 hrs or less.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To show you guys how many people are upset with the mission? The majority of the game is designed for casual gamers yes? And here is this mission, a preview of what's in store until at least Season 2, marketed towards more hard core gamers which does not appeal to the casual gamers, likely your largest number of players.

Now the question is, why does everyone who dont like harder? quests, have to do it?
    IF you dont like it, just dont do it. Finally we got a mission thats more difficult that the rest of the STO's pathetically easy missions.

Not everything has to cater casuals.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    paddox wrote: »
    vaudeville wrote: »
    Same. Can't seem to get the time.?

You guys aren't missing much. Unless you have a group of dedicated experienced players, all you'll find is disappointment and frustration at the complete and utter failure that PuGs normally bring.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    alligator wrote: »
    Attempted this mission 6 or 7 times. Group always fails at the end room. People don;t follow instructions, fail at jumping, or quit the group suddenly.

Please feel bad if you have completed this mission. Please do. Feel bad for all the people who don't understand what "end game content" is. For the people who PuG this having no clue what the concept of strategy is.

That might be cos up until this missions, not a single mission earlier has needed group play to complete. Every casual just gets mission and expects its to be your basic go afk for 2 hours and have weps on auto fire. And then come back and quest is done.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Luewen82 wrote: »
    Now the question is, why does everyone who dont like harder? quests, have to do it?
    IF you dont like it, just dont do it. Finally we got a mission thats more difficult that the rest of the STO's pathetically easy missions.

Not everything has to cater casuals.

Problem is from what I've read its going to be a gateway to later raids. Oh and the fact that its the *only* non fluff content coming out until Season 2....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Never done it. I run with two smaller Fleets and neither one (nor both combined when I've checked) ever had enough Admirals on and interested in running it at the same time. Several folks want do to this but we never quite seem to get a critical mass together that can stick around to get it done.

This might seem laughably trivial to folks who do serious raids and the like in other MMOs but to casual gamers and small fleets even this is bordering on prohibitive. It's just a major hassle and investment of time that many of us older, non-hardcore, gamers have trouble dealing with. I'm glad it's in the game but I think STO should go back to focusing on its strengths and that's casual/singleplayer content. That's where STO has the potential to be great but it just needs more content (particularly in Exploration).