Options

LOL at Optional DP

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Yup whut he said.

Why does it matter if people don't use it?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    A repair bill doesn't stop zerging. You even point out an example of zerging in a game that you first said didn't have zerging at all, an example that would be totally applicable to STO.

Show me where I said lotro doesnt have zerging? I have always said in every post the only place lotro does have zerging is the pvp zone (the moors) where there is no penalty for death. I wish youd read my posts and stop just stating that same sentence over and over. You cannot just keep saying the same thing over and over in a debate.

You keep insisting regardless of evidence put in front of you that you are right. You have been countered and you just make up something like I said there was no zerging in lotro. YOU said there was no zerging in lotro and I said you were wrong lotro is setup so that if you die too much you are forced to start over. It requires precision team work where timing is everything. It is impossible to zerg in lotro.

Now please do not just write back an attack. Write back an acutal argument to back up what you say.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Why would playing with people who don't use it bother you if you get an incentive for using it and they don't?

And should have been or. My bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:

Because if they won't use it, they'll obviously zerg, because that's all anyone does in STO.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So, you think it's okay to get up in arms about an issue that isn't even an issue because people don't know anything at all? It sounds to me like you want to argue for the hell of it.

Noone is up in arms people can talk without being upset. Well some people can anyways. I can. There are plenty of hot topic issues that doesnt mean people got the torches and pitchforks out. Thats reserved for when crypitc runs a promo heh.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Because if they won't use it, they'll obviously zerg, because that's all anyone does in STO.

How can you say that because you haven't seen it it doesn't happen?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So, you think it's okay to get up in arms about an issue that isn't even an issue because people don't know anything at all? It sounds to me like you want to argue for the hell of it.

Sometimes players get together to discuss things about the game they are playing on forums.
    Sometimes they even discuss features not implemented yet.
    Tha'ts what forums are for Jedi.
    /facepalm
  • Options
    edited March 2010

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I believe I said earlier that having to restart the encounter would be a good DP for me. It accomplishes what I want: A reason to play as a team.

Well good then.

Any of you who continue to be arguing based on resource-loss DPs, thoughts?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:

Why? Because I don't want to play in an instance where there is mixed DP settings.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How can you say that because you haven't seen it it doesn't happen?

I'm merely addressing your POV, as I see it. You claim that a DP is necessary because you see nothing but zerg tactics everywhere you go, and if someone doesn't turn on an optional DP, that's obviously why, right?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well good then.

Any of you who continue to be arguing based on resource-loss DPs, thoughts?

I think that if they are having a DP it should be something that costs you. It works in other games as a money sink so you dont end up with people with 2 billion credits and nothing to spend it on.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Mikotren wrote:
    Sometimes players get together to discuss things about the game they are playing on forums.
    Sometimes they even discuss features not implemented yet.
    Tha'ts what forums are for Jedi.
    /facepalm

"An optional DP is pointless. Cryptic are idiots for implementing an optional DP!"

Doesn't sound like discussion to me. It sounds more like an attempt at Salegate: Part II.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm merely addressing your POV, as I see it. You claim that a DP is necessary because you see nothing but zerg tactics everywhere you go, and if someone doesn't turn on an optional DP, that's obviously why, right?

Congrats man in the almost 14 years since I started messing with online forums you are only the 3rd person I have ever put on ignore.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

You're addressing my POV with what could easily be a made up statement of "I've never seen this zerging you speak of". How is that addressing anything?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    "An optional DP is pointless. Cryptic are idiots for implementing an optional DP!"

Doesn't sound like discussion to me. It sounds more like an attempt at Salegate: Part II.

Sounds to me like someone complains that others can't get over said issue and then keeps bringing the topic up himself.

To the best of my knowledge you are the first to bring that topic up in this thread.

Well done though.

You are full of it tonight!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You're addressing my POV with what could easily be a made up statement of "I've seen this zerging you speak of". How is that addressing anything?

He just wants to argue and make wild generalizations. Do yourself a favor and dont get sucked into this type of argument. Debate is one thing arguing just to argue is something else. Sometimes people just have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Why? Because I don't want to play in an instance where there is mixed DP settings.

I figured that but why don't you want to play in a instance where there is mixes DP settings?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:
    I think that if they are having a DP it should be something that costs you. It works in other games as a money sink so you dont end up with people with 2 billion credits and nothing to spend it on.

I disagree. That places a financial penalty on cranking up content difficulty to the point of actual challenge. It incentivises setting the NPC difficulty to "French".
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is speculation but I don't believe the DP will be anything along the lines of encounter restarts, corpse runs, escape pod searches, etc. Teams will not want to wait on that after you die. They will ask you to turn your DP off if any time is involved. If you are pro-DP and we're required to return to starbase 1 after our ship goes boom you will want to play only with other pro-DP players.

That's why I think the DP will be something simple like CoH XP debt or CO Hero Points.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    I figured that but why don't you want to play in a instance where there is mixes DP settings?

The fact that you have to ask this means you don't understand why we want a DP to begin with.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Can you please let Salegate go.. it's over. This is about DP. or lack of DP, or optional DP or DP of some sort. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Again: ALL games have DPs, not just MMOs.

What's the DP in Mass Effect (1 or 2)? Borderlands? Warhammer Online?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The fact that you have to ask this means you don't understand why we want a DP to begin with.

Depends on which "WE" we are talking about. Is this the We that thinks it will stop zerging? Is this the WE that likes a challenge so they want a DP? Is this the WE who wants a time or money sink? Which We are we talking about?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is speculation but I don't believe the DP will be anything along the lines of encounter restarts, corpse runs, escape pod searches, etc. Teams will not want to wait on that after you die. They will ask you to turn your DP off if any time is involved. If you are pro-DP and we're required to return to starbase 1 after our ship goes boom you will want to play only with other pro-DP players.

That's why I think the DP will be something simple like CoH XP debt or CO Hero Points.

It'll most likely be the Hero Points, since supposedly that's what our crew are supposed to represent. If anything more than that, you'll get a little less SP at the end of a quest if you die. It won't be anything harsh or remotely gamebreaking, that's for sure.

Chances are, when it's rolled out, people wanting a DP will not be happy about what they get, because it's going to be lame in comparison to most other DP's.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Warhammer Online?

Heh do you really want to go here? Last I hear Warhammer is on life support closing servers left and right.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I disagree. That places a financial penalty on cranking up content difficulty to the point of actual challenge. It incentivises setting the NPC difficulty to "French".

The NPCs are already as weak as could be. What it really does is gives people a reason NOT to die, and try and keep each other alive. If you want to play solo without a DP, go for it. I could care less.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What's the DP in Mass Effect (1 or 2)? Borderlands? Warhammer Online?

For Borderlands the DP is having to put up with that stupid dancing robot. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Depends on which "WE" we are talking about. Is this the We that thinks it will stop zerging? Is this the WE that likes a challenge so they want a DP? Is this the WE who wants a time or money sink? Which We are we talking about?

Don't forget the WE that want's to foster teamwork in a random PUG somehow.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:

Are you talking about just PvP instances, or any instance anywhere?