test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to complete "Promotion Captain" mission

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So last night I hit Captain, went to the Sol Starbase, talked to Admiral Quinn, got my plaque, claimed my new ship, and went to the optional ceremony...

...except that the game hasn't flagged that I picked out my new ship from Lt. Laurel. If I run back to Quinn, he tells me I still need to pick out my ship. If I go to Laurel, shes only offering me the ships for a charge (no freebie). I don't have an option to drop this mission, and I'm concerned it could become an issue when I eventually level up to Admiral.

I submitted a GM ticket in-game, but I don't expect to hear back on that soon since my last two GM tickets (not bug reports) have been open for 6 days with no response. Has anyone else gotten stuck like this, and any suggestions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I am also stuck on this -- and now m first completed quest after it is also will not complete...
  • mcfersonmcferson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sorry to pull out of the grave this thread, but i got a similar problem, yesterday (2020 september 4th) :
    for the quest 'promotion: captain' i need to speak to earth spacedock's ship vendor, but i already bought the ship in starbase 39. impossible to validate the quest.
    It seem i must get my new ship from the earth spacedock to validate this part. but as i already got this one elsewhere, i am unable to do anything more. This part of the quest is never validated.
    please help.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    mcferson wrote: »
    Sorry to pull out of the grave this thread, but i got a similar problem, yesterday (2020 september 4th) :
    for the quest 'promotion: captain' i need to speak to earth spacedock's ship vendor, but i already bought the ship in starbase 39. impossible to validate the quest.
    It seem i must get my new ship from the earth spacedock to validate this part. but as i already got this one elsewhere, i am unable to do anything more. This part of the quest is never validated.
    please help.

Why didn't you just buy the ship at ESD? Why Starbase 39?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Your best option is to speak with Customer Support.
    One thing you could try is speaking with the ship vendor at ESD, act as if you're going to buy a ship, but back out at the last moment.
    Alternatively, if you already have a claimable captain-level ship (some giveaway somewhere?), claim it to trigger the mission completion.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/