test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Joys Of The Captains Chair.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So I get home from work, ready to relax and have a bit of fun in STO.

Log in, look at mission log, hmm... goto the Mylasa system.... never heard of it, not on local map... ah but there is a Mylasa SECTOR... read a bit more of log, and try work things out...

Oh damn enemy signal contact, gota stop what im doing...

Ok got ganked by mass spawn as soon as I'm entered into instance...

No matter, a few deaths, and I manage to get get evasive manauvers up and fly far away enough to engage warp.

Time to write a bug report enroute to Mylasa...

There I am flying merrily along to my destination, bug report almost finished... ENEMY SIGNAL CONTACT...

Damn... everything written on bug report is wipped.... get ganked by enemy signal contact at entrance to instance... take me 10 mins to get away.

Ok this time I'll remain still while I write that bug report surely I wont be bothered then?

Oooh look at this lovely report, almost written...about to click ok... ENEMY SIGNAL CONTACT!!!

Damn now this is a wee bit frustrating... wipped my written progress again, get ganked at entrance to instance... takes me 10 mins to get away.

Eventually manage to get bug report written and sent off.

Oh but look! the little time I had to play before I went out was taken up by trying to find a misslabled system in a mislabled sector, and trying to file a bug report on it, to almost no avail....

So instead of comming home to relax for a little while before i had to go out, the whole thing turned into .........................

Dont get me wrong, I love the game, but just thought I would share my frustrating experience :) misery loves company Mr Tuvok.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    from this experience i hope you learned the following

1) do not write bug reports while flying in potentialy dangerous space, you tend to hit enemy contacts while not paying attention to your surroundings
    2) you need to destroy all the beacons :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    funny you can choose warp to sector at any time in warp in of dses even if your being shot at, long as you are not shooting them i think is the only hitch. been mass ganked a few times i just clicked warp out rather than continue exploring, funny to watch mobs try and shoot my ship in warp. also not using auto pilot helps that auto pilot loves to slow down near dse mobs and let them catch up. you can skirt around them actually flying and they rarely will catch you less you purposely plow into them.

sorry about the bugs tho they still keep creeping up no matter how many times you report them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    go to your bridge when writing bug reports in sector space!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    go to your bridge when writing bug reports in sector space!

Now thats a good idea :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    skywolf23 wrote: »
    funny you can choose warp to sector at any time in warp in of dses even if your being shot at, long as you are not shooting them i think is the only hitch. been mass ganked a few times i just clicked warp out rather than continue exploring, funny to watch mobs try and shoot my ship in warp. also not using auto pilot helps that auto pilot loves to slow down near dse mobs and let them catch up. you can skirt around them actually flying and they rarely will catch you less you purposely plow into them.

sorry about the bugs tho they still keep creeping up no matter how many times you report them.

I dont know if its because im over the pond, but everytime I am pushed into an enemy signal contact, by the time I manage to 'exit the sector' I have already been blown up and the second time you respawn, there is no option for a instant exit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dont know if its because im over the pond, but everytime I am pushed into an enemy signal contact, by the time I manage to 'exit the sector' I have already been blown up and the second time you respawn, there is no option for a instant exit.
    As soon as you enter immediately push Exit on the list that pops up. That brings up a Yes/No choice. You can't be killed while in that choice.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The enemy signal contact and the resulting Kobayashi Maru scenarios that follow are why I take great pleasure in blasting everything that doesn't con friendly on my regular missions.

I'm no Let's-have-a-cup-of-earl-grey-and-talk-diplomatically Picard.

If you con red, you're dead! Long live redshirt Klingons! (I just realized what an oxymoron that previous statement was...)
This discussion has been closed.