Options

STO BOT (I've seen it!)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    maina wrote: »
    Yes it could happen, but there are many reasons why those criteria are not valid. When leveling a "disposable toon" I may seem a bot, though direct pm's usually get a "Hi" back, IN MY CASE.

Some people are anti-social, and "new", so may not even be comfortable using full impulse to steer a ship.

BOTS and gold sellers, are a waste on a game like this, like Perfect World. Though if a profit is to be made, some will try, They are there (IMHO), but in general some-one who uses just these criteria are more naive, than good.

Dying for a Dev to PM personally....so I can more than prove these idiots exhist. In my opinion...they bring the overall STO IQ down at least 70 points.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    QuanManChu wrote:
    Dying for a Dev to PM personally....so I can more than prove these idiots exhist. In my opinion...they bring the overall STO IQ down at least 70 points.

The Forums do worse than that....

I've seen this in lot's of games, when the company works at stopping it, it does. Sometimes, what you are reporting is not what you think it is. Spammers are a different thing, they will always be there, and are dealt with as fast as can be, I've seen this in action.

Just once I'd like some-one who reports a bot and see's no action after a day of two, to think they may have been wrong...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    As I said...if only the devs would pm me. I know that if Cryptic/Atari simply cross-reference certain variables from their data mining endevours (yes they look at certain statistics in this game)......the type of botting I suggest as exhisting.....would be oh so easy to prove...and there for....be banned. But oh well....On to the next poster.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Was the bots name Bender Rodriguez? You should have boarded his ship and cut off his antenna.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Artefaktum wrote: »
    1) he was in my Team. I told him many times how to use the full impulse via team channel.

Why would a bot accept a team invite?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This thread was dead for a year. Stop the necromancy already. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Artefaktum wrote: »
    So like in any other Game STO has it's exploiters.
    Some days ago I was in an open instance with an other guy and he was 100% behaving like a bot.
    1) Not talking for 30 min (even when talked to for a dozen times)
    2) never using full impulse while flying around the planet
    3) never scanning for anomalies
    4) used only disruptors as weapons which you don't have to time properly (like torpedos)
    5) 3-4 lvl to high for the instance (so the bot wouldn't get hurt
    And this made you think he was a bot? Sounds like the average player I run into; unless you think they're ALL bots.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    lol, who cares. move on.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    AegisPrime wrote: »
    Report it - if it is a bot they'll shut it down if it's a player, no harm done.
    ^- Pretty much this. As a GM in previous jobs, I have encountered it very often that what players reported to be a bot, was just another player who wanted to be left alone. Tickets would come in saying "THIS GUY IS BOTTING, HE WON'T RESPOND TO MY WHISPERS!!eleventeen" - and when I hopped out there and contacted them, they gave me a very friendly hello, sometimes chatted a moment and I left them to their game.
    (By the way, THIS bit of truth from 02-11-2010 still is valid!)

There are actually people in some MMOs, who enjoy niches that many, many other players do not tap - such as owning a slice of the auction house / exchange; running the prices for a certain type of material or certain items.
    Others just set some time aside to make some much-needed cash to afford buying that ONE upgrade they wanted for weeks now.
    And others again may just feel like being a loner today and want some mind-numbing grinding - and I have done so myself a couple of times.

If you DO think someone may be cheating - report them to the GMs. Only they can check what is going on. Harassing them or perhaps even going so far as to insult them is NEVER an option you should even consider.

And now... Goodnight, Sweet Zombie.
This discussion has been closed.