test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't worry, Cryptic, tons of us are loving the game

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We're just not posting about it because we're sick of angsty children calling us "fanbois". It's not perfect, sure, but neither are most MMOs at launch, but we do know you're working hard on making it truly great. Thanks for this game, the first MMO I've ever actually liked.

I get called a "fanboi" in 3, 2, 1...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    These forums are plagued with whiners its true...

Its a shame really because its the only real way we can communicate with the Devs and they have to sift through drivel from people complaining about how TRIBBLE the game apparantly is and questions to where sulu is (for those threads I seriously get annoyed. Ask the damn question in-game!)
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic probably has a graph showing number of logins and play times and figured that the haters and disappointed rants make up a fraction of a perecent of the ingame player base.
    edited February 2010
    We're just not posting about it because we're sick of angsty children calling us "fanbois". It's not perfect, sure, but neither are most MMOs at launch, but we do know you're working hard on making it truly great. Thanks for this game, the first MMO I've ever actually liked.

I direct you to my "fanboi" sig! LOL

Have to give credit to loTekGhost, nail2head...yep!:cool:
    edited February 2010
    FANBOI !!!!!

Im loving the game as well. Have from the start. Im not happy about server cap at the moment, but other than that Im still riding the " Love STO " bandwagon.

I discovered ground PvP last night and had the most fun Ive had since I started playing. Thats saying something as I prefer space combat over ground usually. But ground based PvP is amazing.

Anyways, STO is the s***.
    edited February 2010

Ofcourse, servers are full for a reason. ;)
    edited February 2010
    ST:O is very nice game. If people do not like this game, why they must tell this to us? Yes, you can find some bugs, but in every game you find some. Nothing is perfect. They try to fix it and they do the best.
    edited February 2010
    I have actually had a lot of fun playing this. The goldspammers are a little annoying but we had a "where is Sulu" meme before launch, so I guess they even out. I also like the fact I can do good damage while playing medic.

Also where is Sulu?
    edited February 2010
    But, even loving the game, we can see holes in programming and planning that you could drive a Romulan Dreadnought thru. Yeah, you don't want to buy/rent the servers until you know what peak population is, and even then will the peak continue, say, on Tuesday noon? And yes, an unstable server on during the first week is to be expected. One would hope that we could plan a little better, but dev's are under the pressure of the corp for PROFIT.

Ferengi RoA #45, I believe, says "Expand or die."
    edited February 2010
    Agreed on the whole forum issue there is nothing but whiners, trolls, etc because they think that everything revolves around them. I am on the boat with these two STO is great. Course it is buggy, an not complete that's how all mmo's are when they first launch there are still bugs in several other mmo's but that's the joy about mmo's they are always a work in progress. I don't post much as well cause the whiners here.
    edited February 2010
    Love the game. It's fun, and probably has the most exciting server not responding disconnects that lead me back to a login queue of any MMO I've played.
    edited February 2010
    Well, if you're fanbois, so am I.

I've played various versions of Star Trek games, from the early text output Star Trek on a teletype to a central mainframe, thru the early drafts of what became the PnP Star Fleet Battles, thru various of the computer games.

And I think this, rough edges and all still, is going to be a good game.
    edited February 2010
    Not a single regret about my lifetime sub.
    edited February 2010
    Im really liking the game at the moment. Few gripes (EU downtime....)

Other than that - game would be perfect if I could find somewhere that sold Quantum torpedo launchers....
    edited February 2010
    Maidel wrote: »
    Im really liking the game at the moment. Few gripes (EU downtime....)

Other than that - game would be perfect if I could find somewhere that sold Quantum torpedo launchers....

There's a few thousand on the exchange. Sorta pricey, but not too bad usually.
    edited February 2010
    I am enjoying it, though I wish I could find a fleet for Australians playing Klingons. Just this morning when I jumped on for an Azure Nebula quest before I went to work, this guy was complaining loads in zone chat. He said he wanted what he paid for and the game did not deliver, and thus everyone who paid for it and continues to is a fool and needs to be hurt (I'm putting it nicely, was a lot of violence). The funny thing was he said he'd keep playing, and everyone else in the chat (around 12 people were responding) tried to explain to him why it was released when it did and why we still enjoy it.
    edited February 2010
    I am enjoying the game as well......but that dosen't make me put on blinders or walk around with a gag in my mouth.....

There are glaring problems with STO that a Veteran MMO company should have been aware of.

The one lesson most MMO'ers have learned when it comes to Developers is the squeeky wheel gets geased.
This discussion has been closed.