test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sincerest thanks to Exchange users with GOOD prices!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I really dislike that Cryptic hasn't mastered the ability to let us sort out the exchange prices by ascending or descending order...no doubt they think that, in 400 years, the technology has de-evolved to such a state that Fed computers cannot do what spreadsheets have been doing since 1955. But, I am willing to wade through pages of over-priced junk in order to find the few of you who have posted your items at reasonable prices.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    :D I figure if I can sell it to Harry mudd for half the price, I can sell it to someone who will use it for half the price.
    edited February 2010
    I shall continue to post items at a moderate price, as to do otherwise plays into the hands of the gold farmers trying to TRIBBLE the economy so the only way to afford stuff is to buy credits.

I've seen it in every MMO i play, i refuse to play along with it in star trek.
    edited February 2010
    nixboox wrote: »
    But, I am willing to wade through pages of over-priced junk in order to find the few of you who have posted your items at reasonable prices.

My prices are always reasonable. Always below the open market price resonable. :D
    edited February 2010
    Yes, I loved whoever was selling a Mark V EPS power relay for 10k.
    It made my day.
    edited February 2010
    Vereg wrote:
    I shall continue to post items at a moderate price, as to do otherwise plays into the hands of the gold farmers trying to TRIBBLE the economy so the only way to afford stuff is to buy credits.

I've seen it in every MMO i play, i refuse to play along with it in star trek.

I just plain dont use the exchange because of the gold farmers and the people I know are buying from them. Thats the only way anyone could afford to fit them selves out with the prices on there.
    edited February 2010
    It made my day.

Me too! I bought a Mark V something or other for a wonderful price...and then, sadly, realized I couldn't use it because I wasn't a Commander. But it doesn't invalidate the sensible pricing! I was doubly fortunate because I had only just bought the item before the server went down.
    edited February 2010
    I've made quite a bit of cash selling things for decent prices on the exchange. Just last night I sold off around 3 disruptor beam array MK4s for around 8,000 credits and a dual disruptor beam array for around the same. They all sold within seconds. As an avid crafter in the MMO I played previously I had extensive practice buying and selling on the auction house. Because of that, I will continue to sell my items for decent prices here in STO. Keep buying my stuff!
    edited February 2010
    I always price things reasonably. Anyone else have the problem of things in your inventory that you can't put on the exchange?
    edited February 2010
    Always sell at face value. Means nobody gets ripped off and I get a sale quickly, or quicker.
    edited February 2010
    i sell just a little overprice.
    Making some nice and quick money by selling Mk VI weapons for 10k vs the 40-50k all the other noobs demand. :D
    edited February 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »
    I always price things reasonably. Anyone else have the problem of things in your inventory that you can't put on the exchange?

Bound items can't be sold. If you pick up a rare item it invariably says: "Bind on Equip" or, "Bind on Pick-Up" which means, once done, these cannot be sold. Those are the only ones I've found that can't be sold.
    edited February 2010
    HOW DARE YOU IMPLY that my charging 100,000 credits for my awesome tribbles is unreasonable!

How DARE you sir.

I say good day.
    edited February 2010
    nixboox wrote: »
    Bound items can't be sold. If you pick up a rare item it invariably says: "Bind on Equip" or, "Bind on Pick-Up" which means, once done, these cannot be sold. Those are the only ones I've found that can't be sold.

So what can I do with them? Just feed em to the replicator?
    edited February 2010
    I have set all my stuff at the face value of what it says it is worth.

Is that the accurate way of doing it?
    edited February 2010

pretty much, or sell them to a vendor for a little more credits.
    edited February 2010

If its personal stuff, give it to your BOFFs. If its ship stuff, you can put it on your unused ships (for sentimental value) or just give it to the replicator.
    edited February 2010
    Etchyboy wrote:

Well, you selling for the same prices that vendors do, meaning that people have to search the exchange for the item, when they can go directly to the vendor and pay the same price. A better strategy, I think, is to charge less than vendor price of sale but more for what you get selling it to the vendor.
    edited February 2010
    I sell all my items for roughly 60-80% of what they're actually worth. The Mark-II Quantum Torpedo Launcher I put on the Exchange for 800 credits yesterday sold within seconds.
    edited February 2010
    Etchyboy wrote:

Sell it for less than that. You're only going to get 50% of that value from a vendor, so if you set the price to 75% at the exchange you're going to get more than you would otherwise, and much quicker. Capitalism is all about competition in the marketplace. Who so ever has the better price gets the sale.
    edited February 2010
    Been selling all my stuff at the ticket price and I spend so few credits that I'm building up a respectable pile of cash from it - nice to see people getting good deals from the Exchange :)
    edited February 2010
    not even STO sister game, i mean CO, got a sort by price feature and that has been out for a year.

take note ppl, cryptic will not listen to you.

most likely there is some programming difficulty on sorting the items by price. maybe they collect the search items dynamically and in order to sort thing one need to collect them in one array first.

also as a programmer, i can tell you that, sorting is actually quite processor intensive and the amount of works required grow quite fast as the number of item increase.
    edited February 2010
    I have yet to buy anything. Everything I own/use I have looted or been rewarded. My Boff's all get my hand-me-down blue jeans.
    edited February 2010
    afmuse76 wrote: »
    I have yet to buy anything. Everything I own/use I have looted or been rewarded. My Boff's all get my hand-me-down blue jeans.

I did that too...until I got tired of getting crappy loot. Then I got fed up and dumped everything I had been trying to sell into a vendor and got enough credits to buy a nice impulse engine and some consoles. There's absolutely no love in this game for people who are explorers and not fighters. The best thing I ever did was get an engine that lets me run away and rear torpedoes to make sure I get there.
    edited February 2010
    WEII wrote:
    take note ppl, cryptic will not listen to you.

Of course they will. As soon as everyone stops screaming at them. Patience is a virtue, after all.
    edited February 2010
    I recently put about a dozen items on the exchange at cost and announced it in zone as well. Anytime I do bulk sales I'll announce it. I want the new players to get useful items early on.
    edited February 2010
    RichVR wrote: »
    I recently put about a dozen items on the exchange at cost and announced it in zone as well. Anytime I do bulk sales I'll announce it. I want the new players to get useful items early on.

Hopefully it will encourage others to undersell you.
    edited February 2010
    I try and be fare myself, but nothing really has a set value yet as we are all just starting ;p but when I can seem to find a decent price for something, I go by the number on the item itself, and lower it just a little.
    edited February 2010
    It made my day.

I had them for sell for 9.999 so maybe you bought mine =)
    edited February 2010
    vironica wrote: »
    I had them for sell for 9.999 so maybe you bought mine =)

Keep up the good work - the future of the Federation depends on people like you!
    edited February 2010
    I try and be fare myself, but nothing really has a set value yet as we are all just starting ;p but when I can seem to find a decent price for something, I go by the number on the item itself, and lower it just a little.

I find that's best. The "value" is always listed on the item, then I list it for lower. I enjoy looking through the exchange to see what's for sale - I just wish I could arrange things by price so I didn't have to wade through all those ridiculously overpriced junk items.
This discussion has been closed.