test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Name Change?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I got my Cruiser tonight. In CB/OB I was able to change the name to that of my old ship no problem.

However this time around it didn't work. I was able to change the registry number and add the A. But when I tried to change the name it didn't work.

I hit randomize just to see what would happen and now I can't change it again.

Ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm having same problem and would like some info please. A couple of friends I was on Teamspeak with said they could change their ship names just fine. I also got the NX designation from the deluxe purchase and it shows up in the pull down, but it wont let me save it with my ship name.
    edited February 2010
    Well maybe you entered a name that already exists in game. I guess there cant be two ships of same name in game. I tried for example naming my new ship (t2) the same as the first one (t1), but didnt work. When I entered other name, it renamed. Later I bought another type of t2 ship and tried to rename it - and I again wanted same name as my t1 ship was - didnt work. But after that I dismissed (destroyed) the old t1 ship and voila... the t2 ship could be named the same name as t1 ship previously had. So I think thats it - NAME TAKEN.
    edited February 2010
    Have you checked that you have enough Starfleet Merits to afford the name change?
    edited February 2010
    So I got my Cruiser tonight. In CB/OB I was able to change the name to that of my old ship no problem.

However this time around it didn't work. I was able to change the registry number and add the A. But when I tried to change the name it didn't work.

I hit randomize just to see what would happen and now I can't change it again.

Ideas?

Same problem for me here, name change box is greyed out, have they changed it to "only change name once" if so thats bad ???

Feedback here please...
    edited February 2010
    Same problem here, since tomorrow.
    And the NX particule requiert 1500 points instead of being free for the first time.

:confused:

Edit: and yes there can be two ships with the same name in game, my friend and I have the same name.
    And i can't change it anymore !
    edited February 2010
    I would also like to change my ship's name. I too tried to name my ship unsuccessfully, until I randomly hit, and got a 'Novssss' named ship (which is stupid name mind you). I too would like to be able to rename it properly.