test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Bridge Officer - Bugged?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I got my Borg BO today, and she seems to have no unique traits whatsoever.

Her character info looks completely different from all the others.

Where the others say General Traits and Racial Specific Traits, she shows:

Engineering Lt. Commander:
Directed Energy Modulation II
Shield Generator II
Martial Arts:
Palm Strike
Martial Arts Right Strike
Martial Arts Left Strike
Engineering Commander:
Aceton Field III (broken ability that cannot be removed BTW)
Reroute Power to Shields III
Engineering Lieutenant:
Weapons Malfunction II
Engineering Team II
Engineering Ensign:
Shield Recharge I
Emergency Power to Shields I

So at the moment she appears no different than any other officer other than her appearance, and she's stuck with a glitched engineering ability that cannot be removed. And I cannot replace her with another Borg BO.

Help please. :)

EDIT: For those wondering how to get them, the way I got her was a pre order bonus from Amazon.com.
It was coded into my retail game key, after I activated that and put in my payment info, she showed in the in-game C-Store as a free item to claim. From there, it was an inventory item that you have to right click on to use.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Borg bridge officer from the Amazon.com pre-order was advertised to have 3 skills/traits according to Cryptic’s STO main website.

Nano Probes
    Efficiency
    Borg Nural Blast

It has none of these, in fact has no traits at all and thus is far inferior to any of the BO’s attainable in the game.

I would like to see this fixed as quickly as possible.
    edited February 2010
    My officer is also missing special traits.
    edited February 2010
    I got most of my pre-order stuff exept for ground weapon and borg officer
    edited February 2010
    Man.. No offense Cyptic, but, is this stuff tested before it's added?
    edited February 2010
    Everything you listed is completely true and I'm really disappointed cryptic could not get such a simple thing right. My borg BO didn't even come with the extra parts the lifetime subs got to customize theirs.
    edited February 2010
    I noticed now that cryptic has changed the pre order page to reflect the lack of unique skills, all it lists now are the ground and space abilities, nano probes neural blast and efficieny are gone
    edited February 2010
    So, I'm waiting for a patch to finish to go in and claim my Borg Boff & come across this thread...wow...just WOW. Why was this game released now? seems like its still about a year away from being close to playable. Sorry for those with a lifetime membership. You got taken.
    edited February 2010
    I have not even received my borg bridge officer yet. Some say in my inventory and others say in the C-Store. Mine has shown up in neither. Any ideas? Please help
    edited February 2010
    Judeaux wrote: »
    I noticed now that cryptic has changed the pre order page to reflect the lack of unique skills, all it lists now are the ground and space abilities, nano probes neural blast and efficieny are gone

Is that an oversight? Or yet another Cryptic TRIBBLE job in changing how things work AFTER people have already bought things? This is becoming the typical action by Cryptic, advertise, sell, change after the sale.

We need answers for this. And a fix to give us what we paid for.
    edited February 2010
    My Borg officer is also bugged, no race traits at all, just skills.

And Martial Arts skills.

Not the same as the other officers.

Hope she gets fixed without making me reroll to claim a "fixed" version of her.

*sigh*
    edited February 2010
    Let's keep this on the front page so the Devs don't miss it. That is if they can even read.
    edited February 2010
    Judeaux wrote: »

This looks true, had to check it myself. :(

So now they are saying that the Borg BO has No racial traits? Just skills?

I hope they can fix it, or that it's just a cosmetic error..

When I look at her stats and skill they show the same thing, so maybe it's just visual bugs?!?
    edited February 2010
    I bought it for that specific perk.

I paid for that perk.

You CANNOT change something AFTER it was bought!
    edited February 2010
    Mine has none of the things promised too. If they intend to break their preorder promises, they don't know how to strengthen the bonds between MMO and it's players.
    edited February 2010
    BoogieMan wrote: »
    I bought it for that specific perk.

I paid for that perk.

You CANNOT change something AFTER it was bought!

They seem to be doing a lot of bait and switch lately. Hopefully this is just a typo.
    edited February 2010
    I certainly hope it's just a bug that will be fixed soon, otherwise I foresee a storm of the fecal type in Cryptic's future.. So many people will feel cheated.
    edited February 2010
    I also remember clearly them stating the borg Bridge officer will have the unique traits which appealed to me and is why i pre ordered from amazon then any other place. Btw I did activate my borg boff and she is exactly the same as those posted above she does not have the special traits promoted when I pre ordered

I can tolerate some things but reciving a product that does not do what I bought it to do is unacceptable. I will email cryptic next and hope to get an answer I want to hear.
    edited February 2010
    I also have this issue. No response from Cryptic so far I see.
    edited February 2010
    Seriously, wtf is going on. If they pulled a bait and switch, I'm gonna be ****ed, Amazon just went from having the coolest preorder to the most completely worthless one.
    edited February 2010
    My borg boff is also missing the specials. This basically makes her worse then a standard boff and i paid for a 2nd copy of the game to get...

I really hope this is just a glitch. I already maxed a skill and promoted her before i noticed the missing skills,
    edited February 2010
    Me too, haven't spent one of the boff-points till I got the borg...
    I was sure to keep her to the end, but with no traits at all even the
    common boffs are better.

Hope they fix it soon, I like her too much to discard her when I get a
    "real" rare boff.
    edited February 2010
    hey.. i just added the borg bridge officer.. when i activated the item in my inventory ther were just 2 buttons.. train up and exit.. so i hit train up because i didnt now that there should be a join button.. now my borg is gone, cant activate it again and another bridge officer has a skill he should not have... is there aaany war i get back by borg?
    edited February 2010
    hhenne wrote: »
    hey.. i just added the borg bridge officer.. when i activated the item in my inventory ther were just 2 buttons.. train up and exit.. so i hit train up because i didnt now that there should be a join button.. now my borg is gone, cant activate it again and another bridge officer has a skill he should not have... is there aaany war i get back by borg?

:( That's the bad part about Train Up option,, Not even sure if there is a warning telling you that you will lose the officer.

Once you train up they are gone for good.. Only way I know of to get it back would be to remake your character. :(

That really sucks.
    edited February 2010
    craap..... hail@cryptic: requesting user-interface-security-backup-question-update...
    edited February 2010
    Aye, as I stated in another post, I preordered for this item, and would have waited if not. I realy hope they fix this.
    edited February 2010
    Ditto.

Felt kinda gipped when I saw other people with their cool pre-order bonuses (like that 360 degree plasma turret that goes into a console slot!) and all I got was a regular bridge officer with no special traits what-so-over and just happens to look a bit like a borg.
    edited February 2010
    this does seem like an easy bug to fix. i'm not worried that cryptic is trying to TRIBBLE us out of the right traits.
    edited February 2010
    I pre-ordered, etc.. etc... I just went to the C-Store and claimed it, but it isn't showing up anywhere in my crew or as available anywhere. Am I not looking in the right place or have to do something else?

Thx:confused:
    edited February 2010
    check your inventory
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone seen an official statement from cryptic about this yet? I hope they really post something soon; before people start overreacting and filing BBB complaints against them for False Advertising.