test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Joined Trill race

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I preordered awhile ago, redeemed my key. Played in Beta and in headstart. Its launch day now and I still dont see a Joined Trill among my race choices. Please tell me what to do to rectify this. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    pre order keys are not the same as beta headstart keys.. the preorder key comes in your box or should be sent later today for digital purchases. After you get that key and put them in then you should be able to use joined-trill
    edited February 2010
    If you received your beta key from the retailer, then that IS the preorder key.

You do not get your special items until you enter your retail key (will be provided today or in box) on the same account that you entered your pre-order key .

This is explained in several posts and in the offical FAQ.
    edited February 2010
    skylr616 wrote: »

This is explained in several posts and in the offical FAQ.

Its still not very clear, as evidenced by the masses of people asking where their stuff is. I checked my email and saw no other keys so I was asking.
    edited February 2010
    so just to make this clear. i ordered from atari and i looked on my reciept and saw a serial key.. i entered it and it said baicly this key does not match any kown games..

is atari sending the new keys out?
    edited February 2010
    I see now on the D2D website where i preordered from , that the "retail keys" are sent out today at 10am PST.

Cryptic really should put a sticky up explaining that there are TWO distinct keys for this whole process and they are easily confusable. One is pre-order, one is retail. Yes, in hindsight this information is said elsewhere on the forum but its still not super clear.

First Key is the "headstart/beta key" and is sent so you can play in Beta and Headstart.

Second Key is the "retail key" and is sent today at various times and is required to enable the pre-ordered items.
    edited February 2010
    cadleo wrote: »
    Its still not very clear, as evidenced by the masses of people asking where their stuff is. I checked my email and saw no other keys so I was asking.

The Pre-Order FAQ is pretty clear (read it at http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq). I wouldn't judge how clear information is by how many silly posts we get on the forums :P (not that your is especially silly, just sayin).
    Q: Will I receive my retailer exclusives during the Head Start?
    A: No. The exclusives are tied to the retail product, not to the preorder key. In other words, you’ll need to purchase the full version of the game and input that key.
    Q: How do I get my items?
    A: After you’ve entered your retail keys(s) and create a character, you’ll enter your first map and immediately see a pop up screen. This will notify you of the item(s) available for you in our C-Store, online microtransaction store. You’ll be able to collect these items for free at any time and they’ll be applied to that particular character.
    edited February 2010
    The Pre-Order FAQ is pretty clear (read it at http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq). I wouldn't judge how clear information is by how many silly posts we get on the forums :P (not that your is especially silly, just sayin).

That is not nearly as clear as it could be. If it was, there would be a lot less people asking what was up.

There will be two keys. One will let you play in beta/headstart and you get that one when you pre-order, one you will get later on the release date by either email or it will be inside your physical box and will let you enable your special items.

Not hard.
    edited February 2010
    I see now on the D2D website where i preordered from , that the "retail keys" are sent out today at 10am PST.

Cryptic really should put a sticky up explaining that there are TWO distinct keys for this whole process and they are easily confusable. One is pre-order, one is retail. Yes, in hindsight this information is said elsewhere on the forum but its still not super clear.

First Key is the "headstart/beta key" and is sent so you can play in Beta and Headstart.

Second Key is the "retail key" and is sent today at various times and is required to enable the pre-ordered items.

Again... they already have a whole post that explains it which has been up for weeks (see my previous post in this thread).

I do agree that they should probably re-post the link to the main page... since its especially relevant today.
    edited February 2010
    Your unwaveringly contrary position on this belies your inability to remove your nose from Cryptics brown eye.

It wasnt explained very well.

It wasnt presented very well once they realized they didnt explain it very well.

Period.

Cryptic: Make a sticky. not hard.
    edited February 2010
    That is not nearly as clear as it could be. If it was, there would be a lot less people asking what was up.

There will be two keys. One will let you play in beta/headstart and you get that one when you pre-order, one you will get later on the release date by either email or it will be inside your physical box and will let you enable your special items.

Not hard.

Wow, really?

"...the exclusives are tied to the retail product, not to the preorder key."

You really had trouble comprehending that? There are several threads that explain it in more detail. In fact, this is one of them :P

Nothing is ever clear enough for everyone (apparently).
    edited February 2010
    Your unwaveringly contrary position on this belies your inability to remove your nose from Cryptics brown eye.

It wasnt explained very well.

It wasnt presented very well once they realized they didnt explain it very well.

Period.

Cryptic: Make a sticky. not hard.

LOL, last resort of a weak mind... way to go buddy :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
    edited February 2010
    In response to your vid, its also the opinion of a lot of confused subscribers.

It is not implicitly explained that there are two very distinct keys. This leaves room for ambiguity and confusion.

All im saying is that Cryptic needs to make a sticky making this so clear that a monkey can understand it if they dont want people getting confused.

When I write technical instructions there is no room for doubt. Its not hard.
    edited February 2010
    In response to your vid, its also the opinion of a lot of confused subscribers.

It is not implicitly explained that there are two very distinct keys. This leaves room for ambiguity and confusion.

All im saying is that Cryptic needs to make a sticky making this so clear that a monkey can understand it if they dont want people getting confused.

When I write technical instructions there is no room for doubt. Its not hard.

Understanding that FAQ is also NOT HARD.

It says, clearly, that there is a seperate key tied to the retail product that unlocks your preorder items. I can't bear to put it in a quote again, just scroll up. It is very plain english. its not hard.

About 1/2 of the folks posting questions about the preorder items haven't searched the forums or read that FAQ... they just do the first stupid thing they think of (make a new thread, YAY!).

I was trying to answer your question and also give you a helpful tip (search forums and/or read official FAQ's specific to your issue BEFORE starting the nth post about an issue).

oh yeah... its not hard...
    edited February 2010
    i buy star trek online gold edition
    i install the game and i use my key and thats fine
    after the install i want to play sto but he says that the server is ofline and an account error

100202 15:42:27 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(100)
    i dont now what that means
    how can i play without problems (i lives in belgium europe so sorry for the bad englisch):confused:
    edited February 2010
    i buy star trek online gold edition
    i install the game and i use my key and thats fine
    after the install i want to play sto but he says that the server is ofline and an account error

100202 15:42:27 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\patcher.c(100)
    i dont now what that means
    how can i play without problems (i lives in belgium europe so sorry for the bad englisch):confused:

I give up.
    edited February 2010
    Understanding that FAQ is also NOT HARD.

It says, clearly, that there is a seperate key tied to the retail product that unlocks your preorder items. I can't bear to put it in a quote again, just scroll up. It is very plain english. its not hard.

About 1/2 of the folks posting questions about the preorder items haven't searched the forums or read that FAQ... they just do the first stupid thing they think of (make a new thread, YAY!).

I was trying to answer your question and also give you a helpful tip (search forums and/or read official FAQ's specific to your issue BEFORE starting the nth post about an issue).

oh yeah... its not hard...

I searched the forums. Nowhere did I find it explained in detail that there were two unique keys. One given when the pre-order was made, and one to be given out today. It was all very ambiguous. The first place I looked was for a sticky.

I saw several posts implying things that could mean that, but none specifically saying that. Also, these posts are mostly by players. I want something official.

So thats why i say Cryptic shouldve made a sticky for this issue. Quit being so contrary and just admit it. This was my only point.

Instead youre pontificating on what people should understand and trying to diminish their fact finding techniques. Yet you ignore the fact that A LOT of people are asking this question. Quit propping up the Cryptic banner on this. They dropped the ball on it. Accept it.
    edited February 2010

Not hard.

It is pretty clear to me, could perhaps also be that D2D also said when they send me the first key it was just giving me access to open beta (well semi open) and the headstart and that I would recieve my retail key later.

Also let me ask you: how many people will read a faq before they come screaming on the forums?
    edited February 2010
    Ydyp wrote:
    Also let me ask you: how many people will read a faq before they come screaming on the forums?

Very few, unfortunately. I'll just continue answering questions as well as directing people to where they could have found the answers on their own (teach a man to fish and all...).

The real wonder is that apparently the few that actually read it may not be able to comprehend it even when its in such a simple format! O_o

You can lead a horse to water...
    edited February 2010
    Very few, unfortunately. I'll just continue answering questions as well as directing people to where they could have found the answers on their own (teach a man to fish and all...).

The real wonder is that apparently the few that actually read it may not be able to comprehend it even when its in such a simple format! O_o

You can lead a horse to water...

You're a better man than I. I answered a couple "Where's commander Sulu?"s in game before giving up.
    edited February 2010
    I can handle reading instructions... however, the joined Trill was supposed to be available at 10:00 this morning, and it isn't up yet, either as a key I enter or automatically in game. I'd like to get my Trill up and running this morning before I have to go to work, I'm already behind my fleetmates.:confused:
    edited February 2010
    well i did everything correct and i'm still not able to get my cryptic points or able to get my trill character

i've done everything that the instructions told me to do and i'm tired of getting the run around between sto, atari and scyfi. someone help me plz
    edited February 2010
    deathforu wrote: »
    well i did everything correct and i'm still not able to get my cryptic points or able to get my trill character

i've done everything that the instructions told me to do and i'm tired of getting the run around between sto, atari and scyfi. someone help me plz

Thats weird... I followed the instructions and got all of my stuff for both of my pre-orders (NX Class, Joined Trill, etc).
    edited February 2010

Interestingly, this link is not represented anywhere I could find on www.startrekonline.com

I do remember seeing it when I made my pre-orders, but it has been inexplicably removed.
    edited February 2010
    Nataenelas wrote: »
    Interestingly, this link is not represented anywhere I could find on www.startrekonline.com

I do remember seeing it when I made my pre-orders, but it has been inexplicably removed.

Its a few pages down in the news... a lot has happened since the pre-order keys got distributed. It is at the top of the threads in the News forum though.
    edited February 2010
    I also ordered the deluxe from D2D and havnt recieved any key today. I have been waiting to make my main because I want to the joined trill bonus. I guess I keep waiting.
    edited February 2010
    The key is active on my account*the one I received this morning) My subscription is there. But ... No Joined Trill, No NX, No costume ...
    edited February 2010
    I preordered from D2D. got my new key today. activated it on website and still have nothing after 30 min. any ideas...I checked cc store and new character creation and inventory....argggggg
    edited February 2010
    @ garrik

Know that you need to click on download game in the my games secction on D2D
    i got it fine
    edited February 2010
    i got the NEW key and activated it already. just got nothin in-game
    edited February 2010
    Yikes... well, at least we know the problem isn't on our end (if you entered both keys). Make SURE you input the preorder key you got from the same retailer (regular beta keys won't work and preorder keys from alternate retailers probably won't work).

I didn't have the items right away from my Atari preorder but when I submit my Steam key about an hour later the preorders from both showed up right away. The servers are probably just bogged down.