test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics Glitch and then Crash

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Recently Ive been playing only to get a massive Screen Glitch: The entire screen scrambles and discolors and looks alot like a scrambled TV screen.. only to crash. the sound also starts to chirp. Sometimes the entire system resets, sometimes it just hangs.

I have no idea whats going on. Ive done the maxfps thing, ive done the perFrameSleep thing, I've lowered settings to awful. Still happens.

This problem started at Head Start, not Open Beta.

I played Open Beta for 2 weeks with no problems, now I try to play Head Start and I get this glitch.

Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 Ghz (2 CPUs)
VCard: NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GTX
3.25 GB of RAM

Help! I cant play anymore.. and i bought a Lifetime Sub and the Collectors Edition.. I dont want to have to cancel it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm having the same problem too. Major crashes just recently. I had no problems during open beta, only during headstart starting today.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have seen the type of error that you are describing before on my old system when the DirectX file became corrupted. The cause of the corruption should be looked into, but it can happen from any number of sources.

I would suggest that you reinstall your DirectX and do a clean install of the latest driver for your card. Also, you should run a dll check. The microsoft windows website can take care of the how to on the DirectX and the ddl check. Your graphics card manufacturer's web site will have a link to get the latest drivers.

If that doesn't do anything, you may have to wait for Cryptic to patch out whatever they may have done.