test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ATI 4830 unplayable

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I'm running a 4830 with crossfire. I have try changing all the setting in the game one at a time and still have this flashing problem it not just black it does multi colors depending on the room your in. I have update to the news driver still with the same problem. This game worked great during the open beta but now its unplayable. What changed from the beta????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wrote:
    I'm running a 4830 with crossfire. I have try changing all the setting in the game one at a time and still have this flashing problem it not just black it does multi colors depending on the room your in. I have update to the news driver still with the same problem. This game worked great during the open beta but now its unplayable. What changed from the beta????
    Yeah, i have a 4870 and i rolled back to 9.12 drivers and disable Dynamic Lighting and turn on Vsync. It worked for me. And then if that doesnt work, disable crossfire. So far this game hates ATi cards. If you still have trouble just reply and ill see what else i can come up with.
    edited January 2010
    i have made this changes and upgrade to 9.12 crossfire is off but the problem is still there have any ideas??
    edited January 2010
    This may not pertain to this specific issue, but I had a problem with my HD 4850. Suddenly, both STO *and* Champions Online displayed a black screen once the client got to the 3D part of the game. This was only after with the latest driver release. I was also seeing this same problem with some other games.

I turned off the ATI automatic card reset function in the Control Center. Suppoedily, this function kicks in if the card "loses communication" with the driver. I think this option is on the last tab right-hand menu area (or on the bottom of the menu tree on the left).

Problem went away.
    edited January 2010
    deadfall wrote: »
    This may not pertain to this specific issue, but I had a problem with my HD 4850. Suddenly, both STO *and* Champions Online displayed a black screen once the client got to the 3D part of the game. This was only after with the latest driver release. I was also seeing this same problem with some other games.

I turned off the ATI automatic card reset function in the Control Center. Suppoedily, this function kicks in if the card "loses communication" with the driver. I think this option is on the last tab right-hand menu area (or on the bottom of the menu tree on the left).

Problem went away.

Where is this setting exactly? I have used and tested CCC 9.12 and 10.1, but I can't find this option. What is the name of the funcion or settings that this is filed under? I also don't have tabs on my CCC, just the drop down menu.

I have also tried the 9.12 drivers and disabled Dynamic Lighting and turned on Vsync with no luck.