test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Speak ENGLITCH?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Im so tired of people using those STUPID online acronyms and the STUPID FAIL and WIN and FTW and all that garbage.

If you have something to say speak English, its bad enough as it is without all this bogus internet kiddie created lingo that is completely useless and unreadable to 90% of the world.

So just stop it.

And because I just know that the first reply to this thread will include idiotic acronyms and useless expressive language I ask the devs lock but not delete this thread. Make it sticky actually.

This way people ( and kiddies especially) can see it, realize they are idiots, then cant post the defend their idiocy.

good grief.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What is Englitch?
    edited January 2010
    This way people ( and kiddies especially) can see it, realize their idiots, then cant post the defend their idiocy.

The first "their" should actually be "they're", because I believe you are trying to say "they are idiots", not "the idiots that belong to them".

Just sayin'.

EDIT: Ah, you edited it. You must have noticed.
    edited January 2010
    gnartron wrote: »
    Im so tired of people using those STUPID online acronyms and the STUPID FAIL and WIN and FTW and all that garbage.

If you have something to say speak English, its bad enough as it is without all this bogus internet kiddie created lingo that is completely useless and unreadable to 90% of the world.

So just stop it.

And because I just know that the first reply to this thread will include idiotic acronyms and useless expressive language I ask the devs lock but not delete this thread. Make it sticky actually.

This way people ( and kiddies especially) can see it, realize their idiots, then cant post the defend their idiocy.

good grief.

Tepid Anecdote, Male Sibling.
    edited January 2010
    skylatron wrote:
    The first "their" should actually be "they're", because I believe you are trying to say "they are idiots", not "the idiots that belong to them".

Just sayin'.

EDIT: Ah, you edited it. You must have noticed.

I usually don't bother to correct spelling and grammar these days--but you get my hero of the day award. Seriously.
    edited January 2010
    Forum's filled with fascists today.
    edited January 2010
    Actually, I feel where your coming from.. but you seem frustrated like maybe your letting it get on your nerves too much.. its just a youthful rapport building acronym (for some)
    edited January 2010
    hmmm? beat you to it...
    edited January 2010

So just stop it.

This way people ( and kiddies especially) can see it, realize they are idiots, then cant post the defend their idiocy.

good grief.

So, what you're saying, is that you'd like for people to stop using internet lingo on the internet. Isn't that akin to hanging out in Germany and griping about all the German? Maybe you should just not hang out on the internet and then your problem is entirely resolved, as clearly this is very stressful for you.
    edited January 2010
    I heart this thread. :D
    edited January 2010
    Gillwynd wrote: »
    Forum's filled with fascists today.

How is that ever helpful, or even close to accurate?
    edited January 2010
    To be honest its been a building hatred since LOL ( which I have learned to accept) The rest is just garbage... its like how far with it go?
    edited January 2010

So just stop it.

good grief.
    u hav seriuos issues!
    TLDR
    OMG
    WTF
    IBL
    edited January 2010
    Wow... you're complaining about grammar... yet make several mistakes beyond your ENGLITCH topic.

"Im so tired..." "... English, its bad enough a... "

Apostrophe?

YOU FAIL!
    edited January 2010
    But the anger you sense in the post it directed to the complainers with the " STEAM 10gb PATCH WTF = FAILZOR OMFGZ" People need to go learn how to program and code for a game that is supposed to host hundreds if not thousands of players and keep things going while dozens of morons complain and cry instead of trying to be helpful.
    edited January 2010

So just stop it.

good grief.

You forgot to include proper punctuation. Im is "I'm" as it is a contraction of the words "I" and "am" to indicate that you are leaving letters out in order to save type/time. Oh, wait, what were you talking about? I fell asleep...
    edited January 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Haha awesome thread OP. I myself can't take people seriously who use words like PHAIL and QQ.

I didn't even know what QQ meant until yesterday; I had to look it up. I think that's even something my generation uses. So out of touch.
    edited January 2010
    Haha awesome thread OP. I myself can't take people seriously who use words like PHAIL and QQ.
    edited January 2010
    point was to get the message across. If I miss a ' or a , somewhere ( or even if I placed an extra of each)
    Who cares the topic is about acronyms and and blatant hijacking of the english language for little to no purpose. Go ahead and cut my post up, you are missing the point.
    edited January 2010
    Banar wrote: »
    How is that ever helpful, or even close to accurate?

fascism: (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Here's a small treatise for you, since you think you're all cute and smarmy with your forum etiquette now and what not. It's this thing called semantics and it was a loose and colloquial use of the word. Put simply, the OP in his first post requested that the mods lock but not delete his thread.

The stifling of opposition and criticism and a request to the governmental system (Cryptic), I would say, fits at least a large portion and commonly referred to definition of fascism.

To respond:

How is it helpful? Maybe if someone realizes they're being priggish and the like, they might chill out some.

How is it even close to accurate? See above.
    edited January 2010
    ENGLITCH

I like this word.

I will propogate it's usage throughout teh interwebs.
    edited January 2010
    point was to get the message across. If I miss a ' or a , somewhere ( or even if I placed an extra of each)
    Who cares the topic is about acronyms and and blatant hijacking of the english language for little to no purpose. Go ahead and cut my post up, you are missing the point.

Actually, you missed my point. You contracted a word from "I am" to "I'm" in order to produce a short hand. A lot of folks feel that using even MORE shorthand is agreeable. I am saying that you contradicted the very nature of your intent, and thus invalidated your own argument. Never mind that I happen to agree with the spirit of the message, you simply lost the point of those that use the shorthand. I don't use it, but, I understand it, and don't allow it to have control over my emotions. Worse yet. replying to such a petty thing in such a hostile nature.
    edited January 2010
    fascism: (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Here's a small treatise for you, since you think you're all cute and smarmy with your forum etiquette now and what not. It's this thing called semantics and it was a loose and colloquial use of the word. Put simply, the OP in his first post requested that the mods lock but not delete his thread.

The stifling of opposition and criticism and a request to the governmental system (Cryptic), I would say, fits at least a large portion and commonly referred to portion of the definition of fascism.

To respond:

How is it helpful? Maybe if someone realizes they're being priggish and the like, they might chill out some.

How is it even close to accurate? See above.

If the world as a whole were under fascist control we would all probobly live a happier life ( though some would not) but im not worried about anyone else. smarmy?
    edited January 2010
    Unfortunately you are fighting a losing battle. Acronyms and short words are commonplace these days because 1) people are lazy and 2) the language is evolving. I have been trying to get people to spell out "please" instead of typing "plz" for years, and yet I have failed miserably. It's not going to get any better so you might as well get used to it.
    edited January 2010
    Im so tired of people using those STUPID 19th and 20th century acronyms and the STUPID OK and TV and SitCom and all that garbage.

If you have something to say speak English, its bad enough as it is without all this bogus Boston kiddie created lingo that is completely useless and unreadable to 90% of the world.

So just stop it.

good grief.
    edited January 2010
    Mikona wrote:
    Unfortunately you are fighting a losing battle. Acronyms and short words are commonplace these days because 1) people are lazy and 2) the language is evolving. I have been trying to get people to spell out "please" instead of typing "plz" for years, and yet I have failed miserably. It's not going to get any better so you might as well get used to it.

'Im' with you buddy!
    edited January 2010
    Ayanla wrote: »
    What is Englitch?

Someone got so excited, forgot to use "Spell Check."
    edited January 2010
    bodean wrote:
    Someone got so excited, forgot to use "Spell Check."

You don't know what sarcasm means right?
    edited January 2010
    If the world as a whole were under fascist control we would all probobly live a happier life ( though some would not) but im not worried about anyone else. smarmy?

If happiness is simply illusion, sure. If inalienable human rights are considered and the pursuit of happiness is an actual ideal, not quite. Regardless.

smarmy: Hypocritically, complacently, or effusively earnest; unctuous.
    edited January 2010
    .........not to mention I enjoy kicking wasp nests, I brought any ridicule upon myself, there is always someone to break it down and impose their grammerical will. so I'll just LOL this.
    edited January 2010
    If happiness is simply illusion, sure. If inalienable human rights are considered and the pursuit of happiness is an actual ideal, not quite. Regardless.

smarmy: Hypocritically, complacently, or effusively earnest; unctuous.

Iron fist, velvet glove. The world needs an emperor and maybe a vader too.

ahh! i know unctuous. thanks.
This discussion has been closed.