test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuttering Gameplay in Space

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Anyone getting stuttering/1 FPS type gameplay in space? I used to get it before all over at random intervals but now it only seems to happen in space, in Sector travel and on ground is fine, only in space it happens/ Someone suggested that I turn down the graphics, but graphics are now in minimum and it's still doing the same, being on minimum or recommended doesn't make a difference.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem, meaning it might be a server performance issue or if it could be my laptop and if there are any settings I could try turning on/off to help it (alltho I don't think it's this as it's been fine before, just wondering if the most recent patch has increased the graphics in space or something)

Thanks peeps!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been having the same problem (And I have a fairly reliable computer) when I used the presets for fastest speeds it started working, go half resolution for entirely smooth but rather blurry screen.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Darkarma wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem (And I have a fairly reliable computer) when I used the presets for fastest speeds it started working, go half resolution for entirely smooth but rather blurry screen.

well I'm hoping that I don't need to do that as it pretty much spoils the game and as it's worked fine before and the occurance seems to be random without any configuration changes to my PC I'm thinking it's server side and if so, if Cryptic are going to be able to fix this either with additional patching or with additional server performance/load balancing
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have 70fps but it's still stuttering a bit....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I noticed a similar occurrence where I would be flying and then teleport backwards a bit, and continue on my way, this seemed to occur more in sector space than in an actual system, and it has not happened every time I play, it's pretty hit or miss.