test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding is getting worse

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is constantly happening to my friend and me even in space. Forces us to try to relog like 20x before it finally lets us in 10+ minutes later. I don't get it. It's specific to that character that you previously DC'ed on. Cause you can log into another character fine. Switching from the 2nd char back to the DC'ed one doesn't help it, like it does in other games that have had this problem. Fix it ASAP.
    edited January 2010
    Anonelbe wrote:
    This is constantly happening to my friend and me even in space. Forces us to try to relog like 20x before it finally lets us in 10+ minutes later. I don't get it. It's specific to that character that you previously DC'ed on. Cause you can log into another character fine. Switching from the 2nd char back to the DC'ed one doesn't help it, like it does in other games that have had this problem. Fix it ASAP.

Hmm..you made me think of something. In the last big patch characters have been patched too. Tiles where restricted for some species and so on...maybe many characters who where created prior this patch are now faulty. And chars. that where made after the patch would have no problem.

If this is true than all will be solved after the user data will be erased after open beta. Atleast it could solve one problem if i guessed right.
    edited January 2010
    mirek99 wrote:
    It's happening more and more. It doesn't matter what mission you are on since it's a random zoning disconnect. After a few minutes you can log back in, but it is kind of frustrating. Hopefully a fix is on the horizon :D

I just got this, and a friend of mine had the same issues about 2 hours ago. Its REALLY annoying. This should be a top priority bug to fix. People don't like paying companies to stare at their log in screens due to a bug. :(

Edit: Make that TWICE in about 10 mins. Come on. :mad:
    edited January 2010
    more and more....ugh.

but i think why you cant log in right away after is the fact the server holds your toon in place (as it where) until it senses no input and then reverts to another location...thus your able to log back in on that toon....just a thought :)
    edited January 2010
    Same here , make sure that you send a bug report in game also when you can get in to do it. Keep the pressure on. They have time to add / change stuff with character customization and also klingon stuff but not time to fix something that has been a problem since day 1 ...
    edited January 2010
    mirek99 wrote:
    It's happening more and more. It doesn't matter what mission you are on since it's a random zoning disconnect. After a few minutes you can log back in, but it is kind of frustrating. Hopefully a fix is on the horizon :D

It happend to me twice within 1,5 weeks so I can confirm that it happens... but "more and more" is a bit exaggerated.

Made an ingame ticket everytime it happend.
    edited January 2010
    I'm also locked out of my main character, server lost connection upon continuing to the Sierra II System for the mission there--Minefield, I think. It always says "Game Server Connection Failed". I can log into my alt character fine, but the character I put almost all my effort into is now inaccessible.

I can't make a ticket with this character because I can't get into this character to make the ticket!

Please some notice and attention to this issue? It makes the game literally unplayable for many people. Not the sort of thing you want to be going live with I'd suspect.
    edited January 2010
    HunterPDX wrote: »
    I'm also locked out of my main character, server lost connection upon continuing to the Sierra II System for the mission there--Minefield, I think. It always says "Game Server Connection Failed". I can log into my alt character fine, but the character I put almost all my effort into is now inaccessible.

I can't make a ticket with this character because I can't get into this character to make the ticket!

I just got this with my Klingon character.
    edited January 2010
    It happend to me twice within 1,5 weeks so I can confirm that it happens... but "more and more" is a bit exaggerated.

Made an ingame ticket everytime it happend.

more and more is not exaggerated....it has heppened to me over 6 times withing the past 24hrs...
    that seems "more and more" to me....
    edited January 2010
    and it still continues....man alive...i luv the game, but this is getting kinds tiresome cryptic.
    instablilty will be the largest downfall if you cant fix this is doesnt matter what else is in the game or not...
    edited January 2010
    and it still continues....man alive...i luv the game, but this is getting kinds tiresome cryptic.
    instablilty will be the largest downfall if you cant fix this is doesnt matter what else is in the game or not...

Not really seeing as it's only affecting a small minority of players. They know about it, but they need to find that 1 thing in common with you guys, so they know whats wrong. They cant just say "ok, we fixed it" within a day or two. it takes time to track the problem down, work on a fix and push it to live, knowing there will be no further problems.
    edited January 2010
    I am having this issue as well. I've had it for 2-3 days. I can log in fine but when my character loads I start to ping around like I have lag and the message pops up constantly. I get it on both my level 16 character in SOL and any new characters I make.

The first day it happened I assumed it was my ISP so I left it for that night but it's still happing days later and I can play other games alright. I am puzzled.
    edited January 2010
    This has been affecting me too the past few days. The number of respondants and complaints makes me think its not such a small minority of players. It is something that should be fixed and I hope they catch it before launch.
    edited January 2010
    not being able to log on for even 1 min since the Sunday morning 1045 server crash
    [times listed in Cally Los Gato cryptic time]

is better then getting a crash during the mission portion of team or solo play..

The core issue to take to heart as a DEV TM person in my advise to them is to continue the mission save in progress setting so when or if you get a Dis con you continue close to the place your left off ..

these issues hurt team play for prolonged outages they leave you in a grey scaling area.. if the mission episode was originally scaled to Tier 2 allies and you are a Tier 1.5 you may have to back out and let it reset

You had a peek at what to expect and can proceed with caution. So another ship might show up for the added fun. . Playability and pick up after the initial wheres so and so is getting better .. Tailoring to suit a play style was improving.. I like the balance the AI Pet Bridge crew plays here.. covering areas as i expect them to for shield repair heals or combat roles .. The AI for adversaries keeps them aggressive and interesting. I just wanted to see a bit more and level the last toon i rolled to compare TAC to SCI in the deeper 10-12 area or early Tier 2 for more team play balance. But the client gateway on Cryptics end and length of delays in finding or fixing it.. compared to Champions on line troubleshooting has me passing on the digital version and waiting for the regular version down the road when its 29.95 like the Champions on-line is now.. the economy is tight out here and the extra moneys all going in the food and gas budget.

I don't quit I'm stubborn and a long time beta vet for many products I pull all the work through tricks out of the bag when something seams close and over all nice .. Not shy with the Bug reports when no previous report is found after trying both test toons in something to cross validate .. I bug it to give job security to the QA..
    Prosper as long as you life and live well..

except when you have one day with 3 2+ hour downtimes then we live somewhere else.
    edited January 2010
    It's still around after today's little patch. I don't know if that was supposed to have a fix in it or not. Just got kicked and can't log back in.
    edited January 2010
    Well all through beta I've had server disconnected messages , promptly followed by an obvious re-connection as you can play the game. However I have also had several disconnects and am currently having an 'issue' right now, disconnected , can get to character selection screen , but I just get server disconnected and back to login screen every time I try to enter the game.

This close to headstart/gamelaunch it is a bit worrying, especially as there still appears to be lag as well at times.

The other problem with this is that I had just come across a mission bug that prevents you from completing a mission (which should have been fixed at this stage really).
    edited January 2010
    I'm constantly getting this, it only ever affects my fed character, NEVER my Klingon toon.

I've never had the problem in Klingon space, always in Fed space :confused:
    edited January 2010
    maybe it is because klingon instances are less populated and thus not under such a load as federation ones?
    edited January 2010
    im still getting it after being disconnected during aromulan mission, had it twice yesterrday during klingon missions, had to wait15 mintues each time to get back in...
    edited January 2010
    Did they get that new server equipment yet?
    I've been playing BETA for weeks now, and because of this bug I haven't been able to play for over an hour in that time.
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »

Not really seeing as it's only affecting a small minority of players. They know about it, but they need to find that 1 thing in common with you guys, so they know whats wrong. They cant just say "ok, we fixed it" within a day or two. it takes time to track the problem down, work on a fix and push it to live, knowing there will be no further problems.

there are more then this thread expressing the issue...i think it is more then you think.
    and yes, while i understand they are working on it, if not one says anything, then they think its all hunky dorey..and it is not. more so this close to launch.

edit: ok this is BS....three times in a row now while trying to access either a system or the bridge...ugh!
    edited January 2010
    I have also experienced this.

It seems to occur more on multipart missions which culminate in beaming down somewhere. I've also observed that it seems to occur more frequently when you are part of a team, disconnecting both players.
    edited January 2010
    this getting worse for the first week and half of open beta i never experienced this error but the last three days been getting more frequently today so much so i wasn't able to log in for the final event.
    edited January 2010
    This only happens to me if i attempt to "Explore Unknown Anomoly" this is bugging me............. As soon as the load page appears then "Server Not Responding". FIX THESE DARN CLUSTERS/NEBULAS
    edited January 2010
    CmdrTuvok wrote:
    This only happens to me if i attempt to "Explore Unknown Anomoly" this is bugging me............. As soon as the load page appears then "Server Not Responding". FIX THESE DARN CLUSTERS/NEBULAS

Same here only seems to happen in the clusters and nebula planet side missions for me.
    edited January 2010
    This is ridicolous!! I can enter with one character but not with the other... With one i've no problems at all and with the other i get the server not responding!!!

That's... I don't know how to call that. :mad:
    edited January 2010
    This just happened at a very inopportune time...just finished that gawdawful mission in the artificial wormhole made by the Hirogen...was finally about to escape, it does the warp animation....and then the loading screen goes to the game server not responding error and kicks me out. Come ON, now....how did we go from this never happening during closed beta or even the early, massively over-populated parts of open beta, and now a few days before launch it's happening almost constantly? I've been holding back my complaints somewhat, but this total lockout for five or ten minutes (if you're lucky) is a serious showstopper. Can we get some Dev love, please? At least tell us you're looking into it?

-Kunou
    edited January 2010
    KunouDan78 wrote:
    This just happened at a very inopportune time...just finished that gawdawful mission in the artificial wormhole made by the Hirogen...was finally about to escape, it does the warp animation....and then the loading screen goes to the game server not responding error and kicks me out. Come ON, now....how did we go from this never happening during closed beta or even the early, massively over-populated parts of open beta, and now a few days before launch it's happening almost constantly? I've been holding back my complaints somewhat, but this total lockout for five or ten minutes (if you're lucky) is a serious showstopper. Can we get some Dev love, please? At least tell us you're looking into it?

-Kunou

big time ditto there....same jusy happened to me...ugh!!!!
    edited January 2010
    i cant even log in. on the bright side, my pre start begins tomarow. (ordered from Best Buy) so...YAY!