test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Not Responding is getting worse

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It's happening more and more. It doesn't matter what mission you are on since it's a random zoning disconnect. After a few minutes you can log back in, but it is kind of frustrating. Hopefully a fix is on the horizon :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    returning here to confirm im still getting these disconnects today as well. made a new character and was doing great till i got to the azure mission then disconnect on loading.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting it consistently on login now
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am also having this issue
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i got it everytime i tryed to enter a pvp arena
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting this on the same mission over and over, it's making finishing my last patrol very difficult
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same- show stopper
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't even get into the game anymore it's so bad.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well took a few days off from the game came back in give it a last run before OB ends and perma stuck unable to load into my character :( after zoning
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yeah i'm getting this more and more now too
    seeems to be random when zoning to a planet's surface thats when i get them
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same thing has happened over and over on one of the explore missions for me. Has taken about five minutes to get back in. Seems if I try to reenter the system I already explored it creates the issue.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This problem is the next that needs to be fixed. Big time, it counts as a show stopper.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yep cannot get on at all every since the last server test thinghy. I fear I am going to get the game only to not be able to play it at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    im getting same issue game crashed when trying to beam down to planet or star dock and now when i go to log back on it crashes on loading screen i hope they fix this and give more beta time so we can help get out more bugs b4 it hits the stores that would be the smart thing to do :D... now trying to uninstall and reinstall with later install file for game u can get the latest install file at file planet link on main site... and on other note when it trys to send the crash report it freezes so i have to kill it with the task manager
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here. I guess the mission/Episode doesn't matter, but it's happening in the middle of missions in The City on the Edge of Never a couple of times now in the last couple evenings, fwiw. I'd pulled together a pretty fun 4 person pick up group on it last night and the disconnect dismantled our group. It had been very stable for me most of the weekend.

I'm just concerned cause I was hoping things would get more stable as the open beta prepared to close, not less so. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I finally had my first server disconnect when going into a mission and it would crash each time i tried to log back in. So i can see where this might start to get fustrating when you have limited play time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This MUST be fixed before game goes live...a MUST! No ifs ands or buts about it.

Thanks for responding and fixing it in advance!

:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, there has definitely been an uptick in the amount of "Server not responding" and "Game server connection failed" errors lately. Especially while zoning from sector to system or zoning from space to ground (at least for me).

[edit: Took 5 tries for me to get into the Korvat System (Psi Canis Sector). 2nd time I've had missions in this sector and ran into server failures. ]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If the game launches like this, anyone know if there's an option to put the 30 day trial on hold until this is playable?

I ordered through Amazon so I might be able to cancel the pre-order before ship day..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting the same problem. Twice on patrol missions, and now twice on regular missions.

When I attempt to log back in I get the error, "Game server connection failed." This is really going to be a big problem for pre-launch. I hope this gets fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Been getting a few of these myself. currently locked out because of this.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As I already said in another thread concerning this problem, I've had the "server not responding"-issue 4 or 5 times now during the last day. It occurs rather randomly when zoning form sector to system, space to ground and vice versa.
    Trying to login right again afterwards brings the same result: "server not responding" -> instant disconnect.
    5 to 10 minutes of waiting seem to solve the problem, after that it usually works again.
    Nevertheless, in my oppinion this is an awfully annoying problem as it breaks the flow of the game ...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I get this pretty much every 2nd PvP match i try and join - And playing a klingon without being able to PvP kinda sucks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yep, I just got it on a patrol mission in the Romulan area (can't think of the sector), going from sector to Muso system. I tried several times to get back in, but alas I am now locked out. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm currently locked out of my "main" character now as well.

I see little reason to try my other character, as it appears to happen at random and it's only a matter of time before it hits her, too.

This needs to be fixed, fast!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I just got locked out of my Federation character after entering the Pico system to do the distress call mission. I don't even know if the distress call mission is implemented, which might explain the server not responding issue?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    just got booted several times.
    first time when I was in a house combat and the screen froze
    Then I got back in and was in space on the sector map and froze
    and when i was trying to get back in - crashed twice on the Symbol loading screen
    and it went through the verifying process twice
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    this happened to me last night and it just happened now. both happened during exploration missions.

also happened to a friend of mine while they were doing a mission in the psi velorum sector (it was one of the ones in the ciritum prime system or whatever it's called)

EDIT: just happened again shortly after i was able to get back on. went to explore another unknown system after i logged back in, got as far as beaming to the planet, and kicked back to login screen upon load after "server not responding".
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Having the same issue here as well, server not responding as I tried to beam down to the syndicate station and every time i try to log into her I get the same response and it dc's me from the game. I can log into my other toon but I'm soooooo close to Lt. Comm *cry* :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Happened several times to me tonight. It takes 5 minutes to reset (yes I timed it).

Definately not a bug you want in at release.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Happens to me too on a random basis on ground missions. Sometimes it's rather short and sometimes for a longer period.