test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

high yield plasma torpedoes not despawning after hit

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As the title says, when I was fighting romluan BoP they use the high yield plasma torpedo. It hits my ship stops for a second and continues after my ship. Each torpedo hits me 3-4 times before it despawns. Is this normal, seems like a bug to me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've encountered the same issue as well and /bug'd it. I've also seen romulan bird of prey's almost volley them. Where they would launch one and with only a few seconds in between launch another round.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wow - i thought it was just a tough bad a$$ dude on the other end....glad to see i am not the only one who saw this. but i thought i was programed this way..oh well.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Had this frequently and it's goddamn annoying - it basically means you MUST shoot down the torp or it'll just continue to rip you apart. Personally I've had it 'bounce off' me more than 6 times, each time taking my shields down by about 25%. Honestly, I thought it was intended at first but the sheer ridiculousness of it made me bug report it nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I got this when i was fighting romulans too, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the insane damage it does.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yesterday at first I thought they had fixed this but then it started happening again. The best thing to do is destroy them before they can hit you but its not always easy to do and some might get to your ship. You can still target them when they are bouncing off your ship but yesterday I encoutered and new one. One actuly stuck to my ship at 0 meters and just pulsed a full yield hit every second . It didn't take to long for my cruser to explode. To be clear this is this is the NPC enemy High Yield Plasma Torpedoes not the player ones.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Quoin wrote:
    Yesterday at first I thought they had fixed this but then it started happening again. The best thing to do is destroy them before they can hit you but its not always easy to do and some might get to your ship. You can still target them when they are bouncing off your ship but yesterday I encoutered and new one. One actuly stuck to my ship at 0 meters and just pulsed a full yield hit every second . It didn't take to long for my cruser to explode. To be clear this is this is the NPC enemy High Yield Plasma Torpedoes not the player ones.

one would think your crew could take the initiative and target them while they are incoming....not to hard to off target for a sec then retarget the main objective....
    and fire at will is ok at this but not great....