test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blue Screened

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Im running on a HP Pavilian brand new bought it literally 2 days ago, during the download, about 22%, it crashed and blue screened me i will attempt to continue the download, but wanted to log the problem
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    smbrenn wrote: »
    Im running on a HP Pavilian brand new bought it literally 2 days ago, during the download, about 22%, it crashed and blue screened me i will attempt to continue the download, but wanted to log the problem

You bought the PC 2 days ago? What OS are you running, and have you fully patched it yet?
    edited January 2010
    windows 7 and i believe so
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like it could be an out of the box hardware issue.. Something could be damaged, might want to see if you can return it because there may or may not be a defective hardware part in your laptop.
    edited January 2010
    ive ran it hard for the passed two days and have run system diagnostics and everything checks out.
    edited January 2010
    smbrenn wrote: »
    windows 7 and i believe so

Keep using the microsoft update site, make sure the pc is fully patched. Also, try looking at some of the event logs, (the application log and the system log) and google any persistent errors or warnings.
    edited January 2010
    looks like an old vista problem

DCOM got error "1084"