test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

copying over

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
I am trying to copy my now fully patched game to my laptop and is still trying to patch 10gb anyway to fix it so It dont?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You have to run the installer to install the game. Copy over the install files and run the setup.exe.
    edited January 2010
    Sumoben wrote: »
    You have to run the installer to install the game. Copy over the install files and run the setup.exe.

did that and still trying to download and patch
    edited January 2010
    You'll have to run the installer twice. You have to extract the pigg folder again before running the installer a second time. This is the workaround I have found to work.
    edited January 2010
    ok i just did this on my 2 computers. i will list my steps. both my systems are running VISTA, so your directories may be different

1. Downloaded the install files
    2. Installed the game on both my labtop and my desktop
    3. ran the patcher on my labtop, patched 2.5 GB of files.
    4. loaded the game to make sure the patch worked. CHECK
    5. Copied the ENTIRE Cryptic Folder (C:/users/public/games/cryptic) from my labtop over to my desktop, which replaced any files that were updated.
    7. loaded the launcher on my desktop, it said patching for a few seconds but ultimately let me load the game up

using this method you should not have to re-patch the 2nd computer
    edited January 2010
    NiteFever wrote: »
    ok i just did this on my 2 computers. i will list my steps. both my systems are running VISTA, so your directories may be different

1. Downloaded the install files
    2. Installed the game on both my labtop and my desktop
    3. ran the patcher on my labtop, patched 2.5 GB of files.
    4. loaded the game to make sure the patch worked. CHECK
    5. Copied the ENTIRE Cryptic Folder (C:/users/public/games/cryptic) from my labtop over to my desktop, which replaced any files that were updated.
    7. loaded the launcher on my desktop, it said patching for a few seconds but ultimately let me load the game up

using this method you should not have to re-patch the 2nd computer

Yeah, the patcher ends up downloading the 2.5gb of missing hoggs, even though you already should have them..