test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

System Requirements

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Probably a silly question but how do you know a video card meets/exceeds the system requirements?

For example the FAQ says:
    The minimum system requirements are:
    . . . ATI Radeon X1800 . . .

Does that mean any Radeon with a model number higher than 1800?
    edited January 2010
    STObee wrote:
    Probably a silly question but how do you know a video card meets/exceeds the system requirements?

Graphic Gaming cards:
    Entry level:
    ATI HD 4650 and 4670 cards only needs a 400 W PSU.
    Nvidia Geforce GT 240 needs a 350 W PSU
    Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT needs a 400 W PSU.
    All four of these cards usually do not need a 6 pin PCIE cable. Always check the box for system requirements.
    STO Gaming level med. Price ranges on these cards are under $100.00. The ATI's usually a better choice here on a price/performance.

Mid Level:
    ATI HD 4850,4890, 5750, 5770 and the Nvidia 9800 GT, 9800 GTX, GTS 250 needs a 450 to 500 W PSU with one 6 pin PCIE cable. Always check the box for system requirements.
    STO Gaming level High. Price Range: $100-230.00.

High End:
    ATI HD 5850, 5870, 5970. Nvidia GTX 260, 275, 295 needs a 550 to 750 W PSU with two 6 pin or 1 6pin and 1 8 pin PCIE cables. Always check the box for system requirements.
    STO Gaming level Very High. Price Range: $250.00-600.00.
    edited January 2010
    Trekifan wrote:
    I have already been told i should be able to run STO with this card but can anyone else confirm this for me as i have pre-ordered the game and would not to be able to play it!
    many thanks :)

Yes you will be able to use that card. I've been using it on the last 3 test sessions at the recomended settings also I got into a fleet action with 20+ and pvp zone not a hic-up.
    edited January 2010
    STObee wrote:

White Knight gave a great list of the models. :)

If you want to know the reasoning behind this, you can visit Wikipedia for comparison charts of NVIDIA and ATI chipsets. These compare raw performance (MT/s or GT/s, and MP/s or GP/s). An explanation of these measurements are on those pages as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ati_gpu
    edited January 2010
    White Knight gave a great list of the models. :)

If you want to know the reasoning behind this, you can visit Wikipedia for comparison charts of NVIDIA and ATI chipsets. These compare raw performance (MT/s or GT/s, and MP/s or GP/s). An explanation of these measurements are on those pages as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ati_gpu

Trying to understand, but much of it looks Greek to me. You patience is greatly appreciated.

If the Radeon x1800 meets the minimum STO requirements what would STO look like using an x1800?

In my case the Radeon 4350 seems to surpase the x1800 in most/all categories on Wiki comparison charts. x1800 doesn't list MP, GP or MP, only MT (6000 or 8000 depending on model). 4350 lists GT (4.8) and GP (2.4), but not MP or MT.

So, how does 4.8 GT compare to 8000 MT?

What is TDP?
    edited January 2010
    STObee wrote:
    Trying to understand, but much of it looks Greek to me. You patience is greatly appreciated.

If the Radeon x1800 meets the minimum STO requirements what would STO look like using an x1800?

In my case the Radeon 4350 seems to surpase the x1800 in most/all categories on Wiki comparison charts. x1800 doesn't list MP, GP or MP, only MT (6000 or 8000 depending on model). 4350 lists GT (4.8) and GP (2.4), but not MP or MT.

So, how does 4.8 GT compare to 8000 MT?

What is TDP?

The Radeon x1800 Cryptic mentions is either going to be a Radeon X1800 XL or a Radeon X1800 XT, which come in at 8 GT/sec and 10 GT/sec performance respectively (8,000 and 10,000 MT/sec) on that chart. Roughly 1,000 MT/sec = 1 GT/sec, and same with MP/sec and GP/sec.

The Wikipedia pages lists them in series chronological order, with oldest at top, newest at bottom.

So you take 8 GB/sec and compare that to your 4350 which has 4.8 GT/sec. Yours is half of what the minimum requirement lists.

As for TDP, it stands for thermal design power. It has nothing to do with how much power the GPU needs, but rather how much thermal energy the reference cooler needs to dissipate from the GPU. It's a worthless spec for you unless you're designing your own custom cooling assemblies for that specific card/GPU.
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, complete noob with video cards. I'm currently using a 256MB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3450 Graphics in my notebook. Would that be sufficient to run the game at least decent?

Thank you!
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, double post.
    edited January 2010
    xx2112xx wrote: »
    Sorry, complete noob with video cards. I'm currently using a 256MB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3450 Graphics in my notebook. Would that be sufficient to run the game at least decent?

Thank you!

Unfortunately that card is far below the minimum requirements. You might be able to run STO, but it will be laggy and not enjoyable even at lower settings.
    edited January 2010
    Unfortunately that card is far below the minimum requirements. You might be able to run STO, but it will be laggy and not enjoyable even at lower settings.

Figured as much. Thank you though.
    edited January 2010

Dang dude those are nice prices.

I didn't even look at BB since last time I looked (months ago) most of the laptops seemed like school ones or high price.

Might have to see if wife would let me buy new laptop and she could upgrade her old PC to my gaming laptop.
    edited January 2010
    Cipher Nemo, I am in Open Beta now. I will have to hold down the fort. ;)
    edited January 2010
    Trollby wrote: »
    Dang dude those are nice prices.

I didn't even look at BB since last time I looked (months ago) most of the laptops seemed like school ones or high price.

Might have to see if wife would let me buy new laptop and she could upgrade her old PC to my gaming laptop.

I know and at Best Buy even, who knew. I wish I have a grand right now. Check out Alienware M11x it's new comes out in about a month for under $1000.00. It's a netbook size gaming notebook.
    edited January 2010
    Cipher Nemo, I am in Open Beta now. I will have to hold down the fort. ;)

Come help me hold down the fort in the PC & Technical Issues forum. Dang that place is busy! Fortunately got a guide up for finding OS version, updating video card drivers, and copying & pasting DXDiag reports... and fortunately a mod found it and stickied it. But it's still hectic there, lol! :)
    edited January 2010
    Come help me hold down the fort in the PC & Technical Issues forum. Dang that place is busy! Fortunately got a guide up for finding OS version, updating video card drivers, and copying & pasting DXDiag reports... and fortunately a mod found it and stickied it. But it's still hectic there, lol! :)

ok. Map full so I got time.
    edited January 2010
    The Radeon x1800 Cryptic mentions is either going to be a Radeon X1800 XL or a Radeon X1800 XT, which come in at 8 GT/sec and 10 GT/sec performance respectively (8,000 and 10,000 MT/sec) on that chart. Roughly 1,000 MT/sec = 1 GT/sec, and same with MP/sec and GP/sec.

The Wikipedia pages lists them in series chronological order, with oldest at top, newest at bottom.

So you take 8 GB/sec and compare that to your 4350 which has 4.8 GT/sec. Yours is half of what the minimum requirement lists.

Ahah! Now I see. Thank you very much.

Best Buy has the ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB DDR2 for $95 and I can get a 430w power supply from Staples for $60. That should be good enough for my purposes and fits in my budget.

Now to wait for some open Beta reports on how Klingons play.

Better dead than Fed!
    edited January 2010
    Thank god, I thought it would be higher but awesome.
    edited January 2010
    STObee wrote:
    Ahah! Now I see. Thank you very much.

Best Buy has the ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB DDR2 for $95 and I can get a 430w power supply from Staples for $60. That should be good enough for my purposes and fits in my budget.

Now to wait for some open Beta reports on how Klingons play.

Sounds good on a budget. :) The 4650 should be fine. If you can get the 4670, by all means go for it. The 4670 should only be a few dollars more than the 4650 but it's a great bang for your buck in terms of value.
    edited January 2010
    Sounds good on a budget. :) The 4650 should be fine. If you can get the 4670, by all means go for it. The 4670 should only be a few dollars more than the 4650 but it's a great bang for your buck in terms of value.

Might want to prepare to try another retailer if you do, though. They (Best Buy) marked down their ATI 4000 series GPUs just over a week ago and the shelves have been clearing accordingly. . .or at least that's been the case in the D/FW area. I live twenty miles north of Fort Worth and had to drive halfway to Dallas in order to snag my 4890. :p
    edited January 2010
    Hey, got it running. Now I'm happy :P
    edited January 2010
    MilenCho wrote:
    Hey, got it running. Now I'm happy :P

Grats! :):)
    edited January 2010
    Can anyone help me understand why i get such low framerate ingame. Even with the dynamic lighting turned OFF and the AA OFF, i still only get about 15-22 FPS (On ships or space stations ; eg: Bridge of the Khitomer) on what i consider a decent machine.

My specs:

Processor: Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs)
    Memory: 6134MB RAM DDR3 Tripple channel
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 , 1024.0 MB (Driver rolled back to 190.62, no change)
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Is this a normal Framerate with these specs (comparable to what you're getting), at this point in the Beta?

Thanks
    edited January 2010
    Connelli wrote: »
    Can anyone help me understand why i get such low framerate ingame. Even with the dynamic lighting turned OFF and the AA OFF, i still only get about 15-22 FPS (On ships or space stations ; eg: Bridge of the Khitomer) on what i consider a decent machine.

My specs:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 , 1024.0 MB (Driver rolled back to 190.62, no change)

Is this a normal Framerate with these specs (comparable to what you're getting), at this point in the Beta?

Thanks

For a GTS 250? No, you shouldn't be that low for FPS.

First, what gaming resolution are you running at? If it's insanely high, then yes, I could see that.

Second, list off all of your graphic settings (from advanced). Let's see what is causing this (assuming your PC is fine, which is looks ok to me).

If that doesn't help, a DXDiag report would be good.
    edited January 2010
    For a GTS 250? No, you shouldn't be that low for FPS.

First, what gaming resolution are you running at? If it's insanely high, then yes, I could see that.

Second, list off all of your graphic settings (from advanced). Let's see what is causing this (assuming your PC is fine, which is looks ok to me).

If that doesn't help, a DXDiag report would be good.

I kept the resolution to 1024x768.
    Server is offline, can i retrieve the settings from a local file?
    Started with the recommended settings (pretty much everything set to high and 100%), then i started lowering values (Dynamic Lighting and AA were most helpful).

Any part of the DxDiag Report is more interesting, it's a pretty long paste otherwise.
    edited January 2010
    I kept the resolution to 1024x768.
    Server is offline, can i retrieve the settings from a local file?
    Started with the recommended settings (pretty much everything set to high and 100%), then i started lowering values (Dynamic Lighting and AA were most helpful).

Any part of the DxDiag Report is more interesting, it's a pretty long paste otherwise.

At 1024x768, that 250 should be flying. Even up to 1680x1050 will be fast.

For the graphics settings, yup, you can copy and paste them from this file (provided you installed in the default location):

%PROGRAMFILES%\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\Gameprefs.Pref

For the DXDiag report, just the top sections will do. Include the very top part, the display device information, and the PCI bus sections.
    edited January 2010
    At 1024x768, that 250 should be flying. Even up to 1680x1050 will be fast.

For the graphics settings, yup, you can copy and paste them from this file (provided you installed in the default location):

%PROGRAMFILES%\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata\Gameprefs.Pref

For the DXDiag report, just the top sections will do. Include the very top part, the display device information, and the PCI bus sections.
    Mine is here. I installed the CB and patch.
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata
    edited January 2010
    Sorry for the wall of text guys :/

PrefEntry GfxSettings.Antialiasing 2
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.AspectRatio 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.AutoEnableFrameRateStabilizer 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.BloomIntensity 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.BloomQuality 2
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.CharacterDetailLevel 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.CharacterMipLevel 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.CharacterTexLODLevel 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.DisableSplatShadows 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.DrawHighDetail 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.DrawHighFillDetail 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.DynamicLights 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.FrameRateStabilizer2 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.Fullscreen 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.FxQuality 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.Gamma 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.GfxFeaturesDesired 101
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.GPUAccelParticles 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.GraphicsQuality 0.667
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.HighQualityDOF2 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.LastRecordedPerf 20667.8
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.LightingQuality 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxDebris 80
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.Maximized 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxInactiveFPS 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxLightsPerObject 4
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxReflection 2
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxShadowedLights 2
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.MonitorIndex 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.PoissonShadows 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.PreloadMaterials 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.ReduceFileStreaming 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.RefreshRate 60
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.RenderScaleX 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.RenderScaleY 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.RenderThread 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.ScreenHeight 768
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.ScreenWidth 1024
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.ScreenXPos 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.ScreenYPos 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.SettingsVersion 5
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.ShowAdvanced 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.SoftParticles 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.SoftwareCursor 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.SSAO 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.TerrainDetailLevel 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.TexAnisotropy 8
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.UseFullSkinning 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.UseVSync2 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.VideoCardDeviceID 1557
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.VideoCardVendorID 4318
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.WorldDetailLevel 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.WorldLoadScale 1
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.WorldMipLevel 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.WorldTexLODLevel 1

DxDiag
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2 (3790.srv03_sp2_rtm.070216-1710)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: OEM
    System Model: OEM
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs)
    Memory: 6134MB RAM
    Page File: 745MB used, 7047MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.3790.3959 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_11583842&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Default Monitor
    Monitor Max Res:
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9062 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 8/17/2009 00:57:00, 8880640 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 8/17/2009 00:57:00, 9743872 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4555-11CF-9478-533103C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0615
    SubSys ID: 0x11583842
    Revision ID: 0x00A2
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
    Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_11583842&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (72Hz)
    Monitor: Default Monitor
    Monitor Max Res:
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9062 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 8/17/2009 00:57:00, 8880640 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 8/17/2009 00:57:00, 9743872 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4555-11CF-9478-533103C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0615
    SubSys ID: 0x11583842
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
    Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run
    edited January 2010
    Mine is here. I installed the CB and patch.
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata

That is whacked, White Knight. What is your game install directory doing in the Public user's folder? By default the installer should point to Program Files or Program Files (x86) for 64-bit OSes.
    edited January 2010
    No worries, not that bad of a wall of text. :)
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.Antialiasing 2

Turn anti-aliasing off. It's set to 2x.

Otherwise your graphics settings are fine.

From your DXDiag, I need to see the PCI devices as well... they might be a ways down. Your video card, drivers, etc., look fine.
    edited January 2010

My specs:

Thanks

killl the ambient occlusion... it's a very subtle addition to new games but with a GTS 250 you lose 20-30fps with that on... also with your set up... turn shadows 100%... that should let you MAX every other setting out and run it up to 1920x2000 easily
This discussion has been closed.