test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Three New Screenshots! (November 26, 2008)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've added three new screenshots to our gallery! Included is a first look at a Federation vessel in dry dock and a Science Officer with peculiar markings!

See them in our gallery!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Looks like a centaur class style ship (note the nx registry, looks like NX-3001), a klingon Stronghold and a trill officer . . . very cool screenshots.
    edited November 2008
    Yeah it is a centaur class
    edited November 2008
    nice, thanks ^_^
    edited November 2008
    Wow. Nice. Set me up with a wallpaper version of the Centaur-class (?) in drydock. ASAP!
    edited November 2008
    Do the hands look really big on the federation officer outside the Klingon outpost to anyone else?
    edited November 2008
    Is it just me, or have there been changes to the Starfleet uniform since the trailer?
    edited November 2008
    Wow two updates in 1 day!!!

Absolutely beautiful pics Cryptic, your all are doing a great job! Keep it up!
    Is it just me, or have there been changes to the Starfleet uniform since the trailer?

Remember the trailer was when the game was in alpha stage, so there are going to be many many changes.
    edited November 2008
    Very nice looking shots! Can even see the spots from the Trill!
    edited November 2008
    Seriously did ya'll know today was my birthday? :D Thanks
    edited November 2008
    Do the hands look really big on the federation officer outside the Klingon outpost to anyone else?

ye they do actually ha . . . . .forget the phaser rifles, just slap the enemy with those bad boys and the stronghold is theres
    edited November 2008
    curtst wrote: »
    Remember the trailer was when the game was in alpha stage, so there are going to be many many changes.
    I'm aware of that, I was just remarking.
    edited November 2008

They look as big as his head. Could be an illusion from the weeds in the back ground.
    edited November 2008
    Our artists do some amazing work. :) The first time I saw a ship in the dock it just blew my mind.
    edited November 2008
    If you dont mind me asking, when where those new screenshots taken?
    edited November 2008
    I actually really like the look of the uniform on the Science Officer. Especially the detail... down to the zipper line (?) down the middle of the uniform. Really great. Be curious to see what other kinds of uniforms and variations will be available in the finished product... hopefully they'll be as good!
    edited November 2008
    WOOT! Trill! Made my night. I don't think they changed the uniform show much as they may be showing us some of the new options you could have. I like the ones from the trailer more to be honest. The hands do look kinda big in that pic to.
    edited November 2008
    Great stuff!

Seeing the Centaur make it into the game makes me a very happy trekky :D

Oh, and I really like the uniform too.

Thank you Cryptic :)
    edited November 2008
    I think it confirms all suspicion that the shots we see are completed, ingame shots rather then early stage graphics. This means that STO is going to have bright, vibrant colors, which deviate from realism. The characters alone are nestled in the uncanny valley.
    Personally, I like it. I know some people hate it, but I don't let medium bother me so: YAY!
    edited November 2008
    I feel spoiled now. Guess I'll be gawking at these for the awhile...

thx a million Cryptic!
    edited November 2008
    LordDave wrote: »
    I think it confirms all suspicion that the shots we see are completed, ingame shots rather then early stage graphics. This means that STO is going to have bright, vibrant colors, which deviate from realism. The characters alone are nestled in the uncanny valley.
    Personally, I like it. I know some people hate it, but I don't let medium bother me so: YAY!

Other than the hands on the guy in front of the outpost I think everything looks pretty good. I can't stop looking at the shots of the ship. I do like the way the uniforms look in the new screens, I just also hope we can have the ones from the trailer as well.
    edited November 2008
    That made my day after the relatively disappointing Ask Cryptic answers. Seriously, who cares about power allocation of ship systems when we don't even know the exact number or types of bridge/department head officers that we are able to have onboard? Can I customize my helm officer or will it be a random ensign NPC that gets to fly the ship? Can we have a counsellor? Will operations and science be merged as in most 24th century Trek? What about a communications officer?

Anyway, nice pics.
    edited November 2008
    Toaster87 wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking, when where those new screenshots taken?
    These were all taken within the last few weeks.
    edited November 2008
    Great stuff. I love the pics of space, showing how vast and endless it is.
    edited November 2008
    Same here:D
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for the updates things are looking great I hope more come very soon :D cant wait for the game.
    edited November 2008
    nice pics. Love the look of the ship. Also I like the detail of the planet in the background.

The hands of that guy do look a bit big, maybe he isn't human other than that I'm very happy with the look of the screenshots.

The detail on the trill's uniform if very nice though I don't see the enlarged rank insignias from the trailer.
    edited November 2008
    i like the new style uniforms ... looks like more of a jacket than jumpsuit. The "seems" in the shoulder area are not new, if u look at the older six head shot from the gallery u can make the seems out on the blue one. we just are getting a better look at it now.

anyone have any idea what those green "pods" are o the saucer section of that centaur class ? i admit its not one of my favs so i am not as familiar with it.
    edited November 2008
    I have to ask this question, it seems that, graphic-wise, some of the screenshots that we have been given look inconsistent, some like the vulcan outpost look amazing, while others though conceptually very nice like the starship in drydock, look like a cartoon, not something, I think we expect from STO. Are the graphic settings really low, or is it the full effect??
    edited November 2008

I noticed that in the original trailer too. Honestly though, it doesn't bother me. The new screenshots look great, up close they look a bit rough, but from a distance (IE: Gameplay distance) I am sure they will be fine.

The one question that hits my mind is, will we ever see our ships in drydock, and if so when?
    edited November 2008
    As any good update does, this just opens all sorts of cans of worms ;)

Keep it up Cryptic :D

--- Could the green pods be an indication of Borg technology upgrades???