test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MUDD'S GOT MORE DREAD!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
Mudd is dreading this next bundle release - get it? Get it?

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11566033
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Good bundle. Solid picks. 7 ships unlocked.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Very interesting, wasn't expecting this.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    sb1980#5347 sb1980 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    To understand, because I'm a fool:

If I purchase the Mudd's Choice Pack of Dread once, which allows me to choose three ships, can those be ALL 23rd Dreads (or all 26th Dreads)?

Or, as I suspect: ONLY ONE of the 23rd Dread (or only one of the 26th Dread) and two other ships...?!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited March 23

If I purchase the Mudd's Choice Pack of Dread once, which allows me to choose three ships, can those be ALL 23rd Dreads (or all 26th Dreads)?

Or, as I suspect: ONLY ONE of the 23rd Dread (or only one of the 26th Dread) and two other ships...?!

If you opt for 23rd Century Dreadnought Bundle then you get all 3 23rd Century Dreadnoughts.
    Same for the 26th Century bundle.

So if you pick the 23rd + 26th + the Disco 32nd then this gives you access to seven (7) ships.

The bundle appears to be good value, but at this time i am undecided if it is good value for me since i picked up the Atlas on a single character through an event reward.
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

If you opt for 23rd Century Dreadnought Bundle then you get all 3 23rd Century Dreadnoughts.
    Same for the 26th Century bundle.

So if you pick the 23rd + 26th + the Disco 32nd then this gives you access to seven (7) ships.

The bundle appears to be good value, but at this time i am undecided if it is good value for me since i picked up the Atlas on a single character through an event reward.
    Same thought for me. Seems like a good value bundle for a change. Though I already have some 26th Century ships so I am not sure its worth it for me.
  • Options
    sb1980#5347 sb1980 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 23
    Well, sounds absolutely great!

Definitely a great anniversary gift for TOS fans, as you can now equip as many TOS characters as you want on one account with a powerful TOS-style Dreads and without having to spend ages farming ECs and waiting for a catch in exchange. In addition, the universal-console's synergy mechanisms will now be usable for a character. As a result of the introduction of the T6-X2 boost, one can effectively use the Dread even for science builds, not just for tactical or engineering purposes...

I think that bundle is also an appreciation for the TOS designer: Even if you don't like TOS, one must admit without envy that no designer has captured any style as perfectly as this designer did for TOS!

Thanks for that!
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    again, if i want all three 26th ships to i only need to pick once the 26th ship and can go for two non-ship things? or will i need to pick 3x 26th to get all three 26th ?
  • Options
    edited March 23
    davideight wrote: »
    again, if i want all three 26th ships to i only need to pick once the 26th ship and can go for two non-ship things? or will i need to pick 3x 26th to get all three 26th ?

From the way its worded you should pick one 26th and get all 3 ships. Or one 23rd and get all 3 ships. Or 6 ships with 2 picks.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    I wish I had the cash to grab this - it's absolutely the best Mudd Bundle yet!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Same here, good ships but nothing in Mudds has ever been affordable, even during the half-off intros.
  • Options
    Despite their flaws in boff layout (very little science to do crowd control in a tanking platform) i like the Atlas and D9.

I dread the designs of the TOS romulan dreadnought, 26th C dreadnoughts and 32C dreadnought.

Some of the consoles might be useful, but at current i do not think this bundle will be added to my purchases.
    Just too few things i like and too many i dislike.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ussvinovia#1662 ussvinovia Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    It's absolutely great value but only if you use your alts for anything other than farming. All of the ships are pretty average. The only thing outstanding is the DPRM but we've had three chances to pick that up for free with the Annual Event. I just don't need that on my grinders. The other pull is Space Barbie but ironically, this bundle just means we'll see even more pizza cutters and the more people you see flying the same ship as you, the less attractive it is as Space Barbie (I'm looking at you Vengeance and Lexington).

Having said that, if you are a new player or don't own any of the ships then it is great value, even though all the c26th ships are essentially the same other than in appearance. All I'm really saying is think before you buy. I have a feeling a lot of people will regret the purchase in about a months time when the novelty of flying a huge but average ship wears off.
  • Options
    It's absolutely great value but only if you use your alts for anything other than farming. All of the ships are pretty average. The only thing outstanding is the DPRM but we've had three chances to pick that up for free with the Annual Event. I just don't need that on my grinders. The other pull is Space Barbie but ironically, this bundle just means we'll see even more pizza cutters and the more people you see flying the same ship as you, the less attractive it is as Space Barbie (I'm looking at you Vengeance and Lexington).

Having said that, if you are a new player or don't own any of the ships then it is great value, even though all the c26th ships are essentially the same other than in appearance. All I'm really saying is think before you buy. I have a feeling a lot of people will regret the purchase in about a months time when the novelty of flying a huge but average ship wears off.
    The 26th ships are more then essentially the same or pretty average. The Romulan Carrier is arguably the strongest carrier in game. Its the best Carrier to use drone ships on. Its not just a novelty of a big ship it performance is top notch. I find it way more outstanding then the overrated DPRM.
  • Options
    DPRM is coveted for different kind of build than mines or carrier.

Biggest weakness i can tell is the lack of crowd control and science. To me a carrier without that feels incomplete.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    I would like to get the Valkis myself, though that list is so long (and getting longer) that it is unlikely I will end up doing so for a long time, if ever, since I have to use the campaign tokens for that stuff for the most part.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I misread it the first time I thought it said 900000Z which even at 50% would be ridiculous. I'm not sure I can even justify the $150.00
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    captainrc1captainrc1 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Ok... it's March 29, 1:33pm EST at the time I'm entering this... and the Dreadnought Bundles are NOT in the Z-store. In fact, I was informed that they were there 20 minutes before I logged on, and then they were pulled. Explanation, please?
    msivh34y8fiv.jpg
  • Options
    broja#8493 broja Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I log in to game and its not showing in teh zen store?
  • Options
    Two things, Captains:
    1) Elite Random TFOs is now live on Console!
    2) There was an issue with the newest Mudd Bundle. We've disabled it for now, and hope to have it back online later today.

https://x.com/trekonlinegame/status/1773407951589388514?s=20
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    > @captainrc1 said:
    > Ok... it's March 29, 1:33pm EST at the time I'm entering this... and the Dreadnought Bundles are NOT in the Z-store. In fact, I was informed that they were there 20 minutes before I logged on, and then they were pulled. Explanation, please?

It is March 28.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    OK, I just bought the bundle and it's making me choose ONE dreadnought.. that is misleading at best. @baddmoonrizin @rattler2 @ambassadorkael#6946 can someone verify that the bundles are not bundles but indeed CHOICE OF packs?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    darkwyndredarkwyndre Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    OK, I just bought the bundle and it's making me choose ONE dreadnought.. that is misleading at best. @baddmoonrizin @rattler2 @ambassadorkael#6946 can someone verify that the bundles are not bundles but indeed CHOICE OF packs?

Just reclaim the choice pack again and pick differently. You can get them all. As many times as you wish.
  • Options
    darkwyndre wrote: »
    nixie50 wrote: »

Just reclaim the choice pack again and pick differently. You can get them all. As many times as you wish.

This right here.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited March 29
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > The 26th ships are more then essentially the same or pretty average. The Romulan Carrier is arguably the strongest carrier in game. Its the best Carrier to use drone ships on. Its not just a novelty of a big ship it performance is top notch. I find it way more outstanding then the overrated DPRM.

Even if it was arguably the strongest carrier in the game (it isn't) that would still make the Valkis (which is not technically a carrier anyway) an average ship overall. Note that I didn't say it was a bad ship, but the seating is pretty underwhelming and it's very dated, that's why you don't see many of them.

It also has the same stats, seating, weapons layout, consoles etc as the Klingon and Federation versions. I think the only difference is that it has a standard cloak? If it was a normal sized ship, I doubt you would see anyone flying it. The attraction is 99% space barbie. Which I get, as it looks fantastic.

You can still make an OK build with one. I flew the Universe for a month a few years ago and had a ball with it but there are ships in the C Store and even as free event ships lately that are vastly superior.
    Post edited by ussvinovia#1662 on
  • Options
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > The 26th ships are more then essentially the same or pretty average. The Romulan Carrier is arguably the strongest carrier in game. Its the best Carrier to use drone ships on. Its not just a novelty of a big ship it performance is top notch. I find it way more outstanding then the overrated DPRM.

Even if it was arguably the strongest carrier in the game (it isn't) that would still make the Valkis (which is not technically a carrier anyway) an average ship overall. Note that I didn't say it was a bad ship, but the seating is pretty underwhelming and it's very dated, that's why you don't see many of them.

It also has the same stats, seating, weapons layout, consoles etc as the Klingon and Federation versions. I think the only difference is that it has a standard cloak? If it was a normal sized ship, I doubt you would see anyone flying it. The attraction is 99% space barbie. Which I get, as it looks fantastic.

You can still make an OK build with one. I flew the Universe for a month a few years ago and had a ball with it but there are ships in the C Store and even as free event ships lately that are vastly superior.
    How is it not a carrier when its got 2 bays the mastery boost pet Quick Deployment along with being able to take full carrier only pets that only full carriers can use? If that's not enough it also has a Energy power boost to carrier pets boosting there weapon power to boost damage further. Making its pets stronger then other carriers on top of having access to the strongest pets in game, much stronger then what most other carriers can take.

There is no way its an average ship when looking at it from a carrier build point of view built around pet damage. Its right up there at the top. If you are building a Torpedo or Energy boat then it doesn't even rank in the top 10 but as a Carrier build its an amazingly powerful ship one of the meta ones for that type of build.

The seating is not underwhelming and dated at least for Carriers. From a Carrier point of view its got everything we want and an extremely strong layout. I can fit in all the essential powers top end Carriers want like Needs of the Many, a bunch of Uncon triggers.

You seem to be suggesting its the same as the Klingon and Federation versions but its not. From a Carrier point of view right out the box with zero starships traits fitted it can do something like double to triple if not more pet damage then those two.

So the attraction is not just space barbie its seen as one of the meta carriers in game. If you are looking to do very high levels of Pet DPS this is one of the top 5 if not top Carriers in game.

I agree there are Cstore and event ships that are better then the KDF or Fed Universe. But the Valkis is leaps and bounds beyond the KDF or Fed Universe ships. Apart from a T'Laru I cannot think of any other carriers that comes close to the Valkis for Frigate and battleship Carrier builds. The Friendship class is the next nearest but that can only really do fighter builds and needs expensive traits just to catch up to the base level of the Valkis without traits.
  • Options
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > How is it not a carrier when its got 2 bays the mastery boost pet Quick Deployment along with being able to take full carrier only pets that only full carriers can use? If that's not enough it also has a Energy power boost to carrier pets boosting there weapon power to boost damage further. Making its pets stronger then other carriers on top of having access to the strongest pets in game, much stronger then what most other carriers can take.
    >
    > There is no way its an average ship when looking at it from a carrier build point of view built around pet damage. Its right up there at the top. If you are building a Torpedo or Energy boat then it doesn't even rank in the top 10 but as a Carrier build its an amazingly powerful ship one of the meta ones for that type of build.
    >
    > The seating is not underwhelming and dated at least for Carriers. From a Carrier point of view its got everything we want and an extremely strong layout. I can fit in all the essential powers top end Carriers want like Needs of the Many, a bunch of Uncon triggers.
    >
    > You seem to be suggesting its the same as the Klingon and Federation versions but its not. From a Carrier point of view right out the box with zero starships traits fitted it can do something like double to triple if not more pet damage then those two.
    >
    > So the attraction is not just space barbie its seen as one of the meta carriers in game. If you are looking to do very high levels of Pet DPS this is one of the top 5 if not top Carriers in game.
    >
    > I agree there are Cstore and event ships that are better then the KDF or Fed Universe. But the Valkis is leaps and bounds beyond the KDF or Fed Universe ships. Apart from a T'Laru I cannot think of any other carriers that comes close to the Valkis for Frigate and battleship Carrier builds. The Friendship class is the next nearest but that can only really do fighter builds and needs expensive traits just to catch up to the base level of the Valkis without traits.

It's not a full carrier. Just as Flight Deck carriers and science carriers are not full carriers. As for the best pets. Are you kidding? Valkyries, Alliance Fighters, Type 7 shuttles, Mirror Shuttle craft, Scorpions and even Peregrines (to name just a few) vastly outperform them. I have been playing STO for eight years and I have never read a post or seen a video that places the Valk as anything above an OK ship. I've never even seen it on a list of top ten carriers. But hey, maybe we are all missing something!

Captains get very defensive about their ships. And subjectively you can say it is the best Carrier in the game, objectively though, you just can't. I love carriers (got 'em all) but you just cannot compare the Valk with something like the Donnie.
  • Options
    edited March 30
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    > @pottsey5g said:

I agree there are Cstore and event ships that are better then the KDF or Fed Universe. But the Valkis is leaps and bounds beyond the KDF or Fed Universe ships. Apart from a T'Laru I cannot think of any other carriers that comes close to the Valkis for Frigate and battleship Carrier builds. The Friendship class is the next nearest but that can only really do fighter builds and needs expensive traits just to catch up to the base level of the Valkis without traits.

I am curious.
    In your opinion, how does it compare to the Vo'Devwl-class Support Carrier with Qaw'Dun Birds-of-Prey pets?
  • Options
    lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Is this ship available seperately somewhere? i dont care for the rest of the ships in the pack.
    zviy01g2wlrt.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    If you get lucky with the Infinity Lockbox, you can choose the TOS Dreadnought Starships (T6) pack, then choose the Romulan one. They do pop up on the Exchange as well every once in a while, however current prices are rather... high.

Also be aware that unlike the Mudd Pack version it is only a single ship and not an account unlock.

The Mudd Pack version is reclaimable, as you can reclaim the choice box, then choose that ship specifically.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > How is it not a carrier when its got 2 bays the mastery boost pet Quick Deployment along with being able to take full carrier only pets that only full carriers can use? If that's not enough it also has a Energy power boost to carrier pets boosting there weapon power to boost damage further. Making its pets stronger then other carriers on top of having access to the strongest pets in game, much stronger then what most other carriers can take.
    >
    > There is no way its an average ship when looking at it from a carrier build point of view built around pet damage. Its right up there at the top. If you are building a Torpedo or Energy boat then it doesn't even rank in the top 10 but as a Carrier build its an amazingly powerful ship one of the meta ones for that type of build.
    >
    > The seating is not underwhelming and dated at least for Carriers. From a Carrier point of view its got everything we want and an extremely strong layout. I can fit in all the essential powers top end Carriers want like Needs of the Many, a bunch of Uncon triggers.
    >
    > You seem to be suggesting its the same as the Klingon and Federation versions but its not. From a Carrier point of view right out the box with zero starships traits fitted it can do something like double to triple if not more pet damage then those two.
    >
    > So the attraction is not just space barbie its seen as one of the meta carriers in game. If you are looking to do very high levels of Pet DPS this is one of the top 5 if not top Carriers in game.
    >
    > I agree there are Cstore and event ships that are better then the KDF or Fed Universe. But the Valkis is leaps and bounds beyond the KDF or Fed Universe ships. Apart from a T'Laru I cannot think of any other carriers that comes close to the Valkis for Frigate and battleship Carrier builds. The Friendship class is the next nearest but that can only really do fighter builds and needs expensive traits just to catch up to the base level of the Valkis without traits.

It's not a full carrier. Just as Flight Deck carriers and science carriers are not full carriers. As for the best pets. Are you kidding? Valkyries, Alliance Fighters, Type 7 shuttles, Mirror Shuttle craft, Scorpions and even Peregrines (to name just a few) vastly outperform them. I have been playing STO for eight years and I have never read a post or seen a video that places the Valk as anything above an OK ship. I've never even seen it on a list of top ten carriers. But hey, maybe we are all missing something!

Captains get very defensive about their ships. And subjectively you can say it is the best Carrier in the game, objectively though, you just can't. I love carriers (got 'em all) but you just cannot compare the Valk with something like the Donnie.

I am a bit puzzled by what you mean its not a full carrier. It very much is a full carrier along with Flight Decks and Science Carriers which are also full carriers. What definition are you using to define a full carrier? As far as I can see the Valkis has everything a full carrier has and the Valkis can take bay items restricted to full carriers. By the games definition of full carrier the Valkis is a full carrier.

No I am not kidding about best pets. As I said before it can take Droneships the best pets in game which are massively more powerful then Valkyries, Alliance Fighters, Type 7 shuttles, Mirror Shuttle craft, Scorpions and even Peregrines. The Valkis is going to be doing something like 300% more pet damage with Droneships then a Donnie with those pets you listed.

Objectively I can say its the best carrier ingame as for builds based around pet damage its right at the top. Given its massively high pet damage output I don't see how it can be listed as just an average carrier. Its one of the top meta carriers for full carrier builds. The Valkis is also massively cheaper to get high pet damage out of it then a Donni. Not only is the Valkis a better carrier for pet damage its better for new carrier pilots who don't have expensive traits.

As for not being in any of the top 10 lists if you happen to be talking about various streamers I find many of them are not that great Carrier pilots and don't really know how to fly full carrier builds. Many of them are great at energy and torpedo boats but but fall short when talking about carrier builds. So I don't agree with there top 10 lists for good reason. Assuming we are talking about the same streamers and same top 10 lists.

The way I see it is if you want a hybrid energy boat/pet build you go for something like a Donnie. If you want a full carrier build based around max pet damage you go for something like a Valkis. Due to that I would pick a Valkis for carrier style gameplay over a Donnie any day of the week. Why would I pick a Donnie over a Valkis when building around carrier pet damage style of gameplay?