test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes for 4/27/23

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/27 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Thank you for the exchange, mail and dilithium system additions.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    These are some good quality of life changes. Thanks Cryptic.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    These changes to the Exchange make it work like almost every other MMO's Auction House out there.
    • Bought something off the Auction House, you almost always have to go collect it from your mailbox.
    • Sold something in the Auction House, you almost always have to go collect your money from the mailbox.
    Whilst I will miss the way it works currently, I believe these changes are for the better.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    torharrytorharry Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    The Filthy Rich patch.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    These are some horrible quality of life changes that make the trading experience massively worse. Please listen to the widespread feedback from traders who are shouting out about how bad this is. The patch has undone the previous positive quality of life changes that was done for good reason and put us in a worse position overall.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator

The updates that were meant to go live to the Exchange today seem to not be working correctly. We're looking into it, and hope to have some answers soon, although fixes may not go live without additional maintenance. Thanks for your patience.

Update on this: It appears that the Exchange is currently working exactly as it did before, so if you sell something and the EC would take you over the EC cap, you will not recieve the EC. We'll hopefully have this fixed next week or the week after.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    carvano#5162 carvano Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why are we not getting compensation for the 6 hour blackout where we could not get on game for console? Also what is the issue with the Temporal Scorpion fighters and the Chronogami console? Why don’t they work together?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Why are we not getting compensation for the 6 hour blackout where we could not get on game for console? Also what is the issue with the Temporal Scorpion fighters and the Chronogami console? Why don’t they work together?

If you have a bug report, please file it in the appropriate Bug Reports subforum. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    carvano#5162 carvano Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am a new forum member and do not have the ability to yet. I know I’m not the only person who has these issues. Anyone else able to report?

> @baddmoonrizin said:
    > If you have a bug report, please file it in the appropriate Bug Reports subforum. Thank you.
  • Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    so now you can not use the exchange to transfer dilithium between characters if that amount exceeds your daily limit? If you sell zen, you can't withdraw more than your daily limit?
  • Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > Please listen to the widespread feedback from traders who are shouting out about how bad this is.

Serious question why be a trader in this kinda game in the first place.

Also why would they listen to the traders everything of the exchange (at least on PlayStation) is massively massively over priced
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > Please listen to the widespread feedback from traders who are shouting out about how bad this is.

Serious question why be a trader in this kinda game in the first place.

Also why would they listen to the traders everything of the exchange (at least on PlayStation) is massively massively over priced
    What do you think will happen if the traders stop crafting and stop selling due to the negative QoL impact of this change and the supply dry's up? The likely outcome is demand stays the same, supply gets worse and prices increase.

The change has already cost the devs money as some of us have voted with our feet and are no longer going to purchase the bundles we planed to this weekend. That's how bad the QoL change is, if the devs want to make QoL worse I will vote with my money and spend it elsewhere.
  • Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I don't think it's about supply and demand...

What are you actually spending your money on in game?

Occasionally I'll buy some keys and sell the in the exchange, but don't consider myself to be a trader
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Shame they didn't do this years ago, I lost quite a bit of dilithium one day when the system withdraw more than my character could hold making the extra amount just vanish.
This discussion has been closed.