test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 4/18/23

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/18 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Thank you for the fixes.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    What about the missing days credit for the First Contact Day event that some of us didnt get? Cause the event timers got messed up last week?
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,791 Arc User
    Any idea when the invalid entity bug will be fixed?

Cause currently it is not. Even when you're seeing your own ship name in space (that part was fixed), others are still seeing it as if you're flying an invalid entity.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    still no fix i see about invalid ship names when is that going to be fixed
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    What about the missing days credit for the First Contact Day event that some of us didnt get? Cause the event timers got messed up last week?

They added an extra day to FCD to make up for the one day of lost progress.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »

They added an extra day to FCD to make up for the one day of lost progress.

:( Dissapointed that they are yet again not giving us the days credit we deserve.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    Dissapointed that they are yet again not giving us the days credit we deserve.
    The extra day allows you to get that missing days' credit!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options

ok let me explain in more detail!

Ran last Wednesday - 0 credit.
    Run extra day - 1 days credit.

1 days credit for running it twice means still missing 1 days credit!
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    Aye, the extra day is your credit you would have received last Wednesday. If it had run normally, there wouldn't be an extra day.
    So, net gain/loss = 0.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I am seeing some ship names but most are still "invalid". The few that were working all started with the USS prefix, I wonder if that is the issue? Regardless, I'll guess we'll wait for the next patch to address the issue.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    I am seeing some ship names but most are still "invalid". The few that were working all started with the USS prefix, I wonder if that is the issue? Regardless, I'll guess we'll wait for the next patch to address the issue.

Those players that have their ship names displayed probably transferred from a ground map.

Personally I'm thinking that this has something to do with some other bugs. For example, for a while acquiring a new ship would lead to notifications saying 'you have created invalid entity name'. There was also a bug, possibly related to this one, that required a map change before a ship would actually show up at the ship selection officer.

Ships have also at times shown up as items in our inventories, displaying the same icon that some kill accolade related buffs do when they're suddenly put on your ability tray.

My guess (and it's just that of course) is that they tried to fix one of these bugs above, resulting in this new bug.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

ok let me explain in more detail!

Ran last Wednesday - 0 credit.
    Run extra day - 1 days credit.

1 days credit for running it twice means still missing 1 days credit!

True, but let's not forget: that issue occurred because they had prolonged another event due to the unexpected outage. So I can't say I'm upset about it, although I also lost one day of progress for this current event.

In fact, I got to do another Voth event mission, resulting in a rather large amount of dilithium for little to no work. And the Voth event was in fact prolonged for more days than the actual outage lasted. It should have ended sooner, but it didn't, giving players the opportunity to get one more day's worth of extra dilithium from that one.

Come to think of it, no one is actually missing out on anything. You may get one fewer day overall for the current Chronogami event, but you got one extra for the Voth one (which was, btw, disabled an hour or so after the issue first got reported). For the overall campaign that rewards a ship pack or lobi, we're not missing out either as the extra Voth event mission added progress to that too. The Voth event basically added the progress that the Chronogami event - for that single day - didn't.

So really, the only situation where this mixing up of the events' cooldowns is going to be problematic, is when a player can't collect the Chrono-thing due to missing progress for that particular event on the first day. But that's only going to happen if that player doesn't do the current event for something like 7 to 10 days, so yeah. In that case they're probably not that interested in the reward anyway.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I will agree to disagree with you. The right thing to do is to give those who deserve it a FREE day credit for the day you lost credit for and actually did it, not the ability to run it one more time.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    I will agree to disagree with you. The right thing to do is to give those who deserve it a FREE day credit for the day you lost credit for and actually did it, not the ability to run it one more time.

Since they extended it an extra day, there is, in reality, a net loss of nothing. We're not going to turn this into a back and forth over what you think you deserve. So, how about you agree to let it go and move on.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »

Those players that have their ship names displayed probably transferred from a ground map.

Personally I'm thinking that this has something to do with some other bugs. For example, for a while acquiring a new ship would lead to notifications saying 'you have created invalid entity name'. There was also a bug, possibly related to this one, that required a map change before a ship would actually show up at the ship selection officer.

Ships have also at times shown up as items in our inventories, displaying the same icon that some kill accolade related buffs do when they're suddenly put on your ability tray.

My guess (and it's just that of course) is that they tried to fix one of these bugs above, resulting in this new bug.

Another bug connected with this is when you log out in space for a brief moment you see InvalidEntityName. I am curious if when this is fixed if that behavior will continue or not.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    albertwjralbertwjr Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    i cant play the game after the patch the game dont work right at all it is twitchy and laggy and spotty at best so cant play it at all
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    albertwjr wrote: »
    i cant play the game after the patch the game dont work right at all it is twitchy and laggy and spotty at best so cant play it at all

Force verify. Make sure on demand patching is off. Check that your drivers are up to date. Try starting in safe mode.
This discussion has been closed.