test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 2/16/23

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited February 2023 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 2/16 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Whilst it's great to see one of the new Pilot abilities having its' Bug fixes, it strikes me that...
    The Pilot Bridge Officer Abilities, Coolant Ignition 2 and Coolant Ignition 3 currently do not display their “At Ignition” damage in their descriptions.
    ...should have been a simple 2-minute fix, updating said tooltips.
    (I may, however, be overestimating the simplicity of correcting the text in a tooltip.)
    Sadly, a small number of fixes this week, but considering the new things being added to the game, I can understand that.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes. Can't wait to get started on the Campaign. There's several of those TFOs that I like playing, so will cycle through them to keep things with a little more variety.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    The 7A material is locked behind a paywall for the Hestia. Is this as intended?
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Whilst it's great to see one of the new Pilot abilities having its' Bug fixes, it strikes me that...
    The Pilot Bridge Officer Abilities, Coolant Ignition 2 and Coolant Ignition 3 currently do not display their “At Ignition” damage in their descriptions.
    ...should have been a simple 2-minute fix, updating said tooltips.
    (I may, however, be overestimating the simplicity of correcting the text in a tooltip.)
    Sadly, a small number of fixes this week, but considering the new things being added to the game, I can understand that.

That would depend on how they have the text set up to link to game data, which they clearly do since several values in those descriptions change on the fly. I'm guessing it's probably NOT as simple as how Blizzard set up their system in SC2 - nothing Cryptic does ever is.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.