test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Prisoners and Colonists

mciannmciann Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Now that these can no longer be donated under the "Coordinate Colonization" fleet project, I'm struggling to find a use for these.

Assumptions:
  • I've completed the nebulae assignment chains and/or done trying to grind doffs from them.
  • I've reserved a small number of prisoners for universal endeavors.

The rewards for turning in fed prisoners have been nerfed into uselessness, and the kdf mission always fails. The rewards for colony doff missions aren't worth the investment in supplies that must accompany those missions.

Is there any other use I'm just missing?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    To keep colonist numbers under control on both Fed/KDF sides repeatedly run the 'Relocate Colonists to Federation Borders/Deport Colonists to Imperial Permieter' Doff missions that appear regularly in the 'Colonial' area of doffing. Takes five colonists at a time and gives 500 dil in return. More with a critical success.

For KDF prisoners I keep throwing ten at the Security officer mission, which doesn't fail too often for me. Plus there are a variety of 'Forced Labour Requisition' missions (in Tactical) in space areas that take four prisoners, also on the KDF side for more dilithium...

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Assignment:_Forced_Labor_Requisition

Fed side options are very limited. There is the 'Negotiate Prisoner Exchange' but only for a single prisoner at a time, and only gives a green or blue doff in return. (also on KDF)

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Assignment:_Negotiate_Prisoner_Exchange
    Post edited by proteus#8097 on
  • Options
    thaedaristhaedaris Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Hi! I have been wondering about this too recently.

There's a Tactical or Security Duty Officer mission that allows the player character to exchange 2 KDF Prisoners for up to a Very Rare quality Starfleet Duty Officer. I rarely see it but it appears to spawn more consistently in sector space near Deep Space 9 in the Alpha Quadrant.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    I have pretty much just stopped doing the colonist doff missions and prisoner-awarding admiralty missions.

For that matter, I often go a week or more without doffing or doing admiralty at all, but that is more because of time constraints than anything else, but this change just discourages doing those missions on top of the time problems. It has gotten to the point where often I just pop in and do the event for the day then leave.
  • Options
    zyler1987zyler1987 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have resorted to deleting prisoners. They just aren't worth the hassle of having to spend time searching for a randomly located duty officer project to get rid off or constantly returning to Sol or Qonos for prisoner delivery.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they removed them as donation options for the colonization project. It was the only worthwhile option for a lot of people. And it was also a good way to have a project going in fully built fleets that newcomers could earn fleet rank on.
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    they can still be donated on some projects
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    they can still be donated on some projects

The thing is, people tend to overlook exceptions like that after a while of it not working on the many more projects that used to accept them but no longer do. Setting the majority of the projects to not accept them is just going to stall fleet holdings and make people less inclined to do doffing and admiralty missions to get those now largely useless units.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    mciann wrote: »
    Now that these can no longer be donated under the "Coordinate Colonization" fleet project, I'm struggling to find a use for these.
    Seems this has been fixed :smile:

PC Patch Notes for January 24, 2023

Resolved an issue that prevented contribution of Colonists, Prisoners, and Refugees to various Starbase fleet tasks.
This discussion has been closed.