test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NEW WAYS TO DONATE TO FLEET PROJECTS!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited January 2023 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Yesterday, a new feature involving donations to fleet projects was released on PC. Here's all the details, and answers to some of your questions:

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11532353
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• otherregotherreg Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    The new feature is only good if that works right. It isn't. You can select only whatever rarity you want and game still picks every rarity as if nothing was selected.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Some players were following the system of taking a higher quality bridge officer to the Academies and breaking it down into lower quality officers

Wait, what? Breaking them down?

I thought they would be reassigned?!
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    edited December 2022
    Funny idea: replace the personnel officer with a captain Janeway hologram NPC and give everyone a free Tuvix doff for the next junior officer appreciation event...
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • gt500dotorggt500dotorg Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    How about we just get rid of the duty officer requirement for fleet projects altogether? It's been the biggest hurdle to my fleet leveling up holdings over the years (no one wants to spend countless amounts of time and resources to buy worthless officers to fill projects), and the need to dump dozens of officers into projects doesn't even make sense to begin with. What the Hell is the fleet doing with all of these officers anyway? Grinding them up into "officer paste" to do research?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltchaosltchaos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Please, can you add a protect-all button? Or perhaps a one time pass to auto-protect existing DOffs during down-time.

I would MUCH rather un-protect a dozen DOffs than grind-click to protect the bulk of them:
    one.
    at...
    a......
    time.......
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    cognizant
    Here is word that seldom sees use. Thank you for giving it a rare airing today.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    ltchaos wrote: »
    Please, can you add a protect-all button? Or perhaps a one time pass to auto-protect existing DOffs during down-time.

I would MUCH rather un-protect a dozen DOffs than grind-click to protect the bulk of them:
    one.
    at...
    a......
    time.......

STO really does need ways to make batch actions possible. In a case like this one, being able to hold down Ctrl while clicking DOFFs in the list to select more than one at a time, and then apply the action selected after right-clicking on one to all of the selected DOFFs would be better than slowly right-clicking on each of them to perform the same action over and over.

The same would apply to inventory items if you wanted to select more than one at once to toggle protection status, or even discard or equip all selected items. Something like this would be a nice quality of life update for the game so that we waste less time managing our resources.
  • zend1zend1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So I can no longer donate DOFFs in the overflow bag to the new all-qualities-allowed Starbase projects. Please tell me this is a bug/oversight and the ability to donate DOFFs directly from the overflow bag will be restored!
  • evileracevilerac Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    zend1 wrote: »
    So I can no longer donate DOFFs in the overflow bag to the new all-qualities-allowed Starbase projects. Please tell me this is a bug/oversight and the ability to donate DOFFs directly from the overflow bag will be restored!

Exactly - for those of us with tons of points from donating countless dilithium elsewhere, we can now no longer purchase common doffs with those points and donate them from overflow bag. Ridiculous.

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    The rarity filter isn't working and I can't donate prisoners or colonists to fleet projects anymore, including the Colonisation Efforts mission which used to take both of these.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited December 2022
    How about we just get rid of the duty officer requirement for fleet projects altogether? It's been the biggest hurdle to my fleet leveling up holdings over the years (no one wants to spend countless amounts of time and resources to buy worthless officers to fill projects), and the need to dump dozens of officers into projects doesn't even make sense to begin with. What the Hell is the fleet doing with all of these officers anyway? Grinding them up into "officer paste" to do research?

I don't think removing them entirely is a good idea.
    Maybe they can remove the requirement from some projects or make the requirements interchangable (like, instead of having to donate Doffs, those with the rights to select projects can opt for just putting in more EC or dilithium for example).

I like that we at least have the option to get rid of Doffs quickly now. It has been a hurdle, but that's also because only white quality Doffs could be donated until now. With the new changes, it will probably become less problematic to fill them up.

Personally green Doffs are almost as useless to me as white ones. Even blue ones aren't that interesting because for their active powers it makes sense to try and get purple ones eventually, given that you only have 5 or 6 active duty slots - and for Doffing itself... Well, what's the point of that anyway now that we have the Admiralty system?

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    After doing the math involved in this system it was discovered that the only cost effective way to donate green / blue / purple doffs is to get them from the academy for free.

Fleet doffs are way expensive for what little fc you get back for each doff you donate.
    white cost 500 - return 300
    green cost 5000 - return 900
    blue cost 10,000 - return 2700
    purple cost 20,000 - return 8100

this makes it very costly if your going to buy fleet doffs to fill the new system with so I for one will stick with common only doffs when filling project.

When I did the math on the dilithium doff donation, I actually found where that is the best secondary way to donate doffs to projects providing you have unwanted amount of dilithium to spend.
    dil cost 300 - return 300 fc + 1 doff.
    edited December 2022
    After doing the math involved in this system it was discovered that the only cost effective way to donate green / blue / purple doffs is to get them from the academy for free.

Fleet doffs are way expensive for what little fc you get back for each doff you donate.
    white cost 500 - return 300
    green cost 5000 - return 900
    blue cost 10,000 - return 2700
    purple cost 20,000 - return 8100

this makes it very costly if your going to buy fleet doffs to fill the new system with so I for one will stick with common only doffs when filling project.

When I did the math on the dilithium doff donation, I actually found where that is the best secondary way to donate doffs to projects providing you have unwanted amount of dilithium to spend.
    dil cost 300 - return 300 fc + 1 doff.

There are many other ways to get Doffs though. Packs (which one might be opening while trying to get a ship), through assignments like Strike against fugitive support network, and Exchange prisoners (with the Dominion), Instigate defection and the various nebulae chains.

While not necessarily an effective way of getting them, if you do acquire them while Doffing when waiting for a mission to start or while collecting accolades in those nebulae and so on, it's at least nice that they can finally be of use now.

• sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Another bug/"feature": You do not appear to get recruitment commendation points for donating higher rarity DOFFs using the new interface.
    Another bug/"feature": You do not appear to get recruitment commendation points for donating higher rarity DOFFs using the new interface.

Huh? As far as I know, we never received recruitment commendation points for donating Doffs to our fleets.

Huh? As far as I know, we never received recruitment commendation points for donating Doffs to our fleets.

Yeah, exactly. That never was a thing.
    GrWzQke.png
  • realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Bug-report on the new Fleet doff-donation Interface

1. It is possible to donate "unique" non-reobtainable doffs (e.g. Exocomp and the Lower Deck doffs)
    This needs to be prevented. The ability to set Potected Status is not enough here. Thes doffs need to be undonatable under any circumstances.

2. It is no longer possible to donate collonists and prisoners.
    While they appear in the list for the appropriate projects, the box can not be checked. Clicking on it does nothing.
    Interestingle, collonists in your overfow-bag CAN be selected and donated, just not the ones in your regular roster.

3. The coffers are not functioning at all.

3a. It is not possible to donate to coffers, other than by over-contributing to projects.
    We expected to be able to empty the doffs that pile up in the overflow-bag into these coffers, but there is no contribute-button.

3b. It is not possible to use doffs from the coffers to fill projets.
    I currently have the coffers filled from over-contibution, but can't use the "stored" doffs to fill the pojects.

4. Substituting Dill for Doffs is not functioning at all.
    While you can drag the slider, the 'conribute'-button remains grey and uncklickable.

5. Filters are not functioning.
    Filering e.g. for common and selcting auto-fill will still select them from the entire roster, inculding higher quality.

Some additional thoughts on the doff-coffers:

When this is extended to all holdings, please make sure that there is one shared doff-pool for all holdings.
    Otherwise we'd end up with filled coffers in one holding, but needing doffs in another, as many fleet-members will just donate to any coffer, not paying attention to where the doffs are most needed.

For projects that take different types of doffs ("any doff" or "any non-civilian doff") let us select which doff-coffer to use to fill the projects.
    I may want to contribute my tactical-doffs, but not my engineers that I need elsewhere.

[Edited: Typos]
    Post edited by realdarklord on
    Bug-report on the new Fleet doff-donation Interface

1. It is possible to donate "unique" non-reobtainable doffs (e.g. Exocomp and the Lower Deck doffs)
    This needs to be prevented. The ability to set Potected Status is not enough here. Thes doffs need to be undonatable under any circumstances.

We put together a list of DOFFs the other night that we submitted for consideration of this very thing.
    GrWzQke.png
  • sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User

No, but you used to get them from the personnel officer as you "broke down" higher rarity DOFFs.
    Maybe they can remove the requirement from some projects or make the requirements interchangable (like, instead of having to donate Doffs, those with the rights to select projects can opt for just putting in more EC or dilithium for example).

I would be OK with the ability to substitute requirements like that.
  • curtiss7curtiss7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do you donate the officers to begin with? I try and it won't let me transfer any officers, so the feature isn't working, or the cut and pasted articles about it don't explain how to do it in smooth brain english.
    curtiss7 wrote: »
    How do you donate the officers to begin with? I try and it won't let me transfer any officers, so the feature isn't working, or the cut and pasted articles about it don't explain how to do it in smooth brain english.

I think the feature is broken right now. At least it appears broken to me, but I also have all DOFFs protected so maybe that's why the list appears empty for me.

FYI: Latest patch notes mention an issue with substituting dilithium for officers. They also mention the addition of more safeguards to prevent DOFFs from being accidentally donated.
  • aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Can confirm that colonists and prisoners can't be donated. I do hope it isn't intentional, as donation to projects is one of the few uses they actually have.
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    Spend some Fleet Credits to just buy boxes of officers at the Star Base. What needs to be done is to allow more then 50 boxes at once AND allow opening of Entire Stack until Ranks are Full, rather then 2 clicks for every box.... OR EVEN BETTER just let us do a direct conversion of Fleet Credits to fill the Duty Officer in question projects... Save us the wear and tear on our mouse buttons!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Can confirm that colonists and prisoners can't be donated. I do hope it isn't intentional, as donation to projects is one of the few uses they actually have.
    Yeah I thought from the patch notes this week this was going to be fixed but still broken. Totally halted our mission progression which is a pain because it's holding up the ability to start the limited time winter project. Hope it gets fixed before the event ends.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Spend some Fleet Credits to just buy boxes of officers at the Star Base. What needs to be done is to allow more then 50 boxes at once AND allow opening of Entire Stack until Ranks are Full, rather then 2 clicks for every box.... OR EVEN BETTER just let us do a direct conversion of Fleet Credits to fill the Duty Officer in question projects... Save us the wear and tear on our mouse buttons!

That would make it too easy if we could save time by touching one button to open up all the boxes at once.

This discussion has been closed.