test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game will not accept password even after reset

Update:
I'm logged into the Arc and/or STO PC gaming system fine using just my password as my username.
The only thing I can guess is there is no other username other than my email.
If there is, then surely there is still something wrong with my account, but so long as I can get in I'll use my email.

When I select, in the game, I "forgot password or username?" it sends me an email referring to
Arc Account: fakeuser2
yet, to this day, fakeuser2 does not work as my username in the PC gaming system.
But it will work as my username at arcgames.com
the website the game sends me to when I "forgot password or username"
Very, Very confusing.

This was my original email not outdated:

x x x x x x x

Thanks for reading this.
Been round and round with an Arc/Gearbox ticket and they have not helped yet, saying things for two days like "check your email address" when I've said I get the p/w reset emails fine. I'm trying to be patient but this needs escalation, to me, and they keep giving me the brush after I've been a loyal, paying customer in the past.
I get the same with the Arc launcher or the STO Arc launcher:
The launcher autopopulates my u/n from earlier this year.
It won't accept my p/w (sign in info. does not match our records)
So I hit "Forgot your username or password?"
That sends me (successfully) the email which:
1) tells me my correct username (just what I thought it was) and
2) has a link to change the password, a long arcgames.com link.
* That allows me to change my password and be in arcgames.com to change any account info. *
But when I launch the gaming software, regular Arc launcher or straight to the STO launcher, both still say "sign in info. does not match our records" with the u/n and new p/w. Even after waiting an hour.

Over and over... after successfully being told my correct username, and successfully changing the password with the very link I was sent by the game software itself, said software says the p/w or u/n is wrong.

The other thing that seems suspicious is, in my account at arcgames.com, it says I have "zero games" linked or attached. I have a lot invested in my STO account or characters. I have bought zen and sent to Holodeck server which you can still see in the account. So how can I have no games attached? Did someone steal my STO account from my Arc account? I got linked to this account from Cryptic and played earlier this year.

In any case, why can I not even sign into the Arc gaming software launcher after going through the password reset routine which squares me away fine at arcgames.com each time?

I am at a loss. Thank you.

Post edited by divmontru2 on