test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best served cold: mission stuck, (destroyed but still existing) freighter prevents progress

The mission Best served cold can bug out during the second phase. This happened:

19 freighters were saved, one was said to be destroyed according to the mission progress tracker.

There was a freigther on the map stuck at 0% hull. We couldn't interact with it so this was probably the destroyed one. But it wouldn't move, it wouldn't disappear, it didn't do anything. Healing it didn't work either.

So my guess as to what happened is the following:

1. The ship was captured.
2. It was then destroyed (more on that below)
3. Somehow it failed to properly blow up, something prevented that from happening
4. It blocks progress as the game seems to think there's still an allied freighter that needs to be moved
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    The problem is probably somewhere around step 3. I have a vague idea of what might have caused it: someone used an Approaching Agony console on it. This probably caused the ship to take damage so it turned from an enemy into an allied/neutral ship that could be captured and interacted with.

The AA console should then have stopped dealing damage to it as they then became of the same allegiance. But it didn't, the ship got destroyed and then something caused it to persist and block mission progress.

I have no idea whether this is really the cause, it's just a guess based on observations. There are other instances like the Voth battlezone where allegiance isn't properly recognised by the game (although in those cases there are no consequences usually) so who knows...

This is the second time it happened too, so it's not some very unique thing. In fact, I've only been in this mission three times in recent weeks, and this is the second time it bugs out.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.