test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Using fleet and reputation-only dilithium for purchases

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
Right now we can only contribute fleet and reputation-only dilithium to fleet projects.

It can't be used to buy things from the various reputation stores (it can be used in projects, but not the stores) or the various fleet stores. In my opinion, it would be better if these types of dilithium could also be used to buy things.
Of course, they can keep the restriction if necessary, so only fleet vouchers could then buy fleet gear, and reputation vouchers could only be used to get items from the reputation stores.

As things are, players are left with a large amount of dilithium that cannot be used to buy things - and a lot of things to buy that generally aren't worth spending regular dilithium on.

To give an example of this:

I have a Delta Recruit with over 260.000 reputation vouchers. And he hasn't even completed any of the reputations yet or claimed some of the other recruit event bonuses - when he does, he'll get even more of it.
There's no way I'm ever going to need that much dilithium for reputation projects only. I might at least use a bigger part of it if I could use it to buy some Discovery reputation consoles. Maybe some Borg Duty officers, or some special weapons from other reputations.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    While I would generally agree, one point I will touch on as I think you're underestimating a bit with the reputation vouchers. One of the purposes of reputation vouchers was a way to give people a means of covering the dilithium cost of certain items without outright giving refined dilithium that could be utilized elsewhere. That 260k vouchers is a nice sum, but assuming the goal is to purchase reputation gear, that will get consumed quickly.

Assuming you wait until tier 6 to get the discount on reputation items you're a full space set will run you 65k dilithium, that's shields, engines, deflector and warp core. If you pick up a 3 piece reputation equipment set, usually weapon, console and second weapon, that's another 22.5k dilithium. So roughly 87.5k dilithium on just that. This of course assumes that you're looking at waiting until t6. if you don't the numbers are alot higher. 130k for the space set, and 45k for the space equipment. that's 175k dilithium right there. Assuming you don't have the discount that's going to leave you 85k dilithium left from vouchers.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to spend the vouchers just because they're there. You can use them to pick up items from other reps at later dates should another ever get added or perhaps to pick up duplicates of certain items. just saying that 260k can go rather fast.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • bjorjlen#6464 bjorjlen Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I will definitely second that @darkbladejk, as that happens to me all the time...

Peace...
This discussion has been closed.