test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ship customization

asgsolrasgsolr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Ship's appearance doesn't register any changes in the customization screen. While changes can be saved as pre-sets and viewed from "load preset" screen, there's no visual change in the ship either in the customize screen or in other areas of play.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    It's not easy to figure out what you mean by your description - 2 or 3 screenshots would have been very useful.

However, a ship not registering changes sounds very much like your currently equipped Shield has a visual associated with it. In your ship equipment interface, right-click the shield and choose "Disable Visuals" to have your ship show it's current paint job as applied in the ship customizer.
    If that doesn't work, look in the Visuals tab of the Ship Equipment interface for a shield slotted there.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    tarantullah#5073 tarantullah Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I was aksed to post it up here as well. I am having the same problem ith my scimitar. I am not sure where exactly it happend but the appearence of my ship has changed into something ugly and neither customization mode nor vanity shield changes the effect. The 20 anniversary vanity shield only changed the color of the phenomenon but it still looks the same ugly. Here are some screens i took.
    3y8y8lbqsspf.jpg
    7r8pqxfxvqg1.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Do you happen to be using the Reman shield on your ship?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    ...the appearence of my ship has changed into something ugly and neither customization mode nor vanity shield changes the effect.
    Did you read my post above yours?
    ...a ship not registering changes sounds very much like your currently equipped Shield has a visual associated with it. In your ship equipment interface, right-click the shield and choose "Disable Visuals" to have your ship show it's current paint job as applied in the ship customizer.
    If that doesn't work, look in the Visuals tab of the Ship Equipment interface for a shield slotted there.

- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    I might have used it for a while but not at the moment. Got the shield from Dyson Sphere. I changed the gear few times since the problem appeared and it continues like that.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Have you turned off the shield visuals for the Reman shield? The ship changes you did might have activated the shield visuals. When you are customizing your ship you need to make sure all visuals are disabled including vanity shields, those need to be taken out of the Visuals tab.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    Damn it Pal! You must be a miracle worker or something. you see I was trying it several times with no success but gave it one more shot after reading your post and it finally worked. I believe what happened here is that the testure pattern of the 20th anniversary vanity shield glitched somehow and I couldn't get rid of it. Now I just removed the vanity shield again and it fixed - the pattern is gone and my ship looks just as lovely as it did before the drama! Cheers!
    baceuvrkuoi4.png
  • Options
    Do you happen to be using the Reman shield on your ship?

I came to realize why you mentioned that. Yes, as a matter of fact it was a Reman Shield that messed up with the ship appearance. For some reason it stayed like that even after I removed it. It got fixed just after I removed the vanity shield.