test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ok Cryptic its race Homogenization time

husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
Ok with the changes to Remans... and Infiltrator trait. Its time to make a few changes so that EVERY race is equal. I'm being serious if your going to start doing it piece meal please instead consider just making some basic changes across the board.

1) Add a Reman to the Embassy. One with Superior Inf. Right now KDF recruits and Romulans can run infiltrator no one else can. Why are you guys not cashing in on the sale potential. I am not being facetious Right now the only toons that have ever been able to really properly use a Cloak have been Romulans. Perhaps that is the way you wanted it when you where trying to sell Romulan packs and Romulan races like Reman unlocks. Clearly you guys don't care about that anymore, anyone can fly a warbird, you don't need to roll a romulan to buy their ships ect. Just open it up now Romulans where so 8 years ago. [Personally I have something like 20 OLD KDF toons that I half heartedly play... because frankly Romulans replaced them completely. Give me the option to make them = to KDF recruits by either unlocking the KDF recruit Bridge officer or by selling them in the embassy its painful to load out old KDF toons knowing the classic cloaking KDF ships sort of suck in their their hands]

2) Time to end the Alien for Real DPS... everything else (outside of Reman) for Role play. Well Remans are now roll play as well. Give every race one more trait slot making them = to the alien option. Take off the racial traits and make them optional. (not every human is a good leader anyway right)
The causal gamers will LOVE getting a new free trait slot on their Human Fed toons... give them the option to slot the leadership trait or what not, but most will upsdie for you Cryptic use one more paid for with lockbox keys trait.

People will still be sore you choose to change how some things have worked for 8 years... and hey benefit of the doubt you guys don't play your game enough or pay attention to any of the games chats where such interaction was talked about often so perhaps you really didn't know they stacked. That may never have been intended OK.

Still the issue at this point is lack of sameness. Again I'm not being facetious, I'm serious. Make all the races = for any play style. Give everyone the same number of trait slots (none of the racial traits are worth rolling anything for from a simple game power perspective) So let people roll their role play toon favorite race... but be able to fully min max for game play if they choose. No more OH you should have rolled an alien... your choice of human was bad, or WHY would you roll a Gorn ? More sales for you guys... more play options for the majority of the player base... and no more specific DPS chaser racial options.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Bad idea. I don't want my various Race toons to all be the same.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    At that point, why bother rolling anything but an Alien at that point? Why have choices at all.

People choose character race on more than just how much of an advantage it can be. And it wouldn't make sense for a human to have the Gorn Bite ability, or a Trill that can jump as high as a Caitian.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited September 2022

Then choose to slot your chosen races racial traits. It should be a choice though. what if I want to role play a Human that is Mr. Barclays granddaughter such a toon should NOT have a leadership trait right ?

I'm not suggesting you can't customize... just that everyone should have an OPTION to experience every playstyle.

Why let feds fly Warbirds, if they can't properly use them ?

Why have every race be less powerful then choosing Alien ?

Why do we want to let Cryptic continue selling us Race unlocks that get nerfed ? Just make them all = in terms of game play potential. Customizable of course... we shouldn't be able to make a human selection look like a Gorn. Or put Vulcan ears on an Andorian.

But we also should not be playing a game where a new player rolls a toon... makes their dream Trek Captain has tons of fun with their Vulcan. Then get disappointed when they get told that hey if you wanted to min max you really should have rolled an Alien instead... cause now you select one less trait. OH you used your Promo ship pack to get a Romulan ship COOL... oh by the way your vulcan really can't min max cloaking at all.

Why are any of the games races held back from being the best of the best in anything ? ? ?
    rattler2 wrote: »
    At that point, why bother rolling anything but an Alien at that point? Why have choices at all.

People choose character race on more than just how much of an advantage it can be. And it wouldn't make sense for a human to have the Gorn Bite ability, or a Trill that can jump as high as a Caitian.

I didn't say they should remove Gorn bite. OR neck pinch. I said they should make them optional. Not every Vulcan would have learned it... not every human should be a leader. Not every leathean should be a evil Psi.

Make them optional. Give every race the one free trait slot they give up for NOT being alien. BUT give them the option to slot them. Not every race can slot leadership just humans. BUT if a player playing a Gorn wants to not slot bite to slot something else let them. Gorn should be allowed to get dental work if they choose.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Technically its already optional. Its call just don't slot that ability on your power tray. If a racial comes with an associated clicky, then you have the option not to use that power.

And you're being selective. How can you justify removing one racial trait but not another? Why should Caitians get special treatment over humans?

Do you see how this can spiral?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Technically its already optional. Its call just don't slot that ability on your power tray. If a racial comes with an associated clicky, then you have the option not to use that power.

And you're being selective. How can you justify removing one racial trait but not another? Why should Caitians get special treatment over humans?

Do you see how this can spiral?

What Spiral. Catians as well they shouldn't have their traits slotted by DEFAULT. Stop selling us races with 9 traits instead of 10. When we have an option that has 10. Sure Catians should be able to slot pounce or whatever its called... but it should be optional. Give them 10 slots as well.... and add their racial slots as optionals.

No one can complain about that... you have the option to use the racial traits. Or not... you also have the option to not slot them and slot a different trait completely. Then your PAID for Catian is not actually WORSE then rolling the free Alien option.

As it is if Cryptic doesn't know... as it seems you don't. We have Zen store paid for races that are less good in terms of game play. We shouldn't be playing a game where selecting a premium race is actually a less powerful option.

The race selections should be 99% cosmetic choices. The stuff like bite neck pinch pounce should be optional traits those races can optionally use that other options can't.

This makes the Premium races, and the Role play choice races at least not Worse then selecting alien if a player wants to DPS chase or whatever we want to call it. I have played the game long enough to have more then a few conversations with newer players about how their Cool Vulcan/Gorn or whatnot race selection was less then optimal. Not unplayable just not optimal.

Cryptic just decided to take the one premium race that actually had a reason to play on the min max end of the pool, just another bad choice. So yes it made me think a little. Perhaps it is time to look at the Alien Superiority problem. I mean fine you guys are probably right Cryptic should just nerf alien instead. Remove their extra trait slot... and give them 2 terrible hardwired traits 1 space one ground. Done then everyone also equally sucks... win win.
    edited September 2022
    husanakx wrote: »

Then choose to slot your chosen races racial traits. It should be a choice though. what if I want to role play a Human that is Mr. Barclays granddaughter such a toon should NOT have a leadership trait right ?

I'm not suggesting you can't customize... just that everyone should have an OPTION to experience every playstyle.

Why let feds fly Warbirds, if they can't properly use them ?

Why have every race be less powerful then choosing Alien ?

Why do we want to let Cryptic continue selling us Race unlocks that get nerfed ? Just make them all = in terms of game play potential. Customizable of course... we shouldn't be able to make a human selection look like a Gorn. Or put Vulcan ears on an Andorian.

But we also should not be playing a game where a new player rolls a toon... makes their dream Trek Captain has tons of fun with their Vulcan. Then get disappointed when they get told that hey if you wanted to min max you really should have rolled an Alien instead... cause now you select one less trait. OH you used your Promo ship pack to get a Romulan ship COOL... oh by the way your vulcan really can't min max cloaking at all.

Why are any of the games races held back from being the best of the best in anything ? ? ?

I'm sorry, what? A particular Race should be able to choose NOT to be that Race?

Everyone DOES have the option of every play style. They can choose a different Race, a different Career, a different Faction, a different Ship. There are many options.

Sounds to me like what you're saying is there's only "one real way" to play and that's to min-max. Sounds to me, by your examples, that you're judging how others have chosen to play and belittling them for it. Maybe people don't really care or want to min-max their toons. Maybe they just want to play. Not everyone is a DPS chaser.

husanakx wrote: »

I didn't say they should remove Gorn bite. OR neck pinch. I said they should make them optional. Not every Vulcan would have learned it... not every human should be a leader. Not every leathean should be a evil Psi.

Make them optional. Give every race the one free trait slot they give up for NOT being alien. BUT give them the option to slot them. Not every race can slot leadership just humans. BUT if a player playing a Gorn wants to not slot bite to slot something else let them. Gorn should be allowed to get dental work if they choose.

The only reason Alien got an extra Trait slot is because Alien doesn't have an innate Race Trait. The extra slot is to make up for that and allow them to be on the same footing with the other Races. Just because the Alien can choose what that Trait is, doesn't make it automatically better than any other Race.
    GrWzQke.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Only Romulans can use cloak?

Is this a stealth PVP rant? My KDF captains use cloak just fine in PVE with zero Romulan crew.

edited September 2022
    You guys don't really play this game with actual players do you. lol

Yes I know WHY alien gets an extra trait.

The fact that alien gets one extra trait is why NO one that plays this game for real ever selects anything but Alien.

EVERY other option is less then. Two reasons 1 the hard coded race traits are basically all ground... or space traits that can't stack with better versions on Bridge officers. THE only exception until todays patch was Reman. Remans gave up a trait but where able to slot Infiltrator which would save you having to slot Standard Inf on a Boff. (because they would stack with another copy of Superior.) With the change now Reman is just as bad as rolling any other race.

Yes every race is inferior to Alien. Badmoon if you didn't know that... go ask in game. Talk to some other players and ask them why they are playing aliens. 10 Lockbox Space traits >>> then 9 Lockbox space traits and some bad ground traits, or a space trait that won't stack with the same (or better version) on bridge officers.

I'm not asking Cryptic to give the Character creator every Visual option for every race. I'm not suggesting they allow any race to slot Neck Pinch or other racial specific traits. I'm simply saying the one option gets 10 everyone else gets 9 with 2 you can't change makes every race less then. Its just fact.

Its very new player unfriendly... because people almost never figure out Alien is OP until they have a toon or two they already enjoyed playing and probably burned resources on. Throw those players a bone. Remove the racial hard wired traits (they are very homosapians only club anyway suggesting... All humans are superior leaders it is actually offensive)... don't throw those traits out just make them selectable. If people love those traits and choose to just slot them in their new 10th slot cool... nothing changes for them. If at some point they want to Min Max DPS chase they can drop them for some drooled over Lockbox trait that they burned some Keys to get... or gave another player 100m ec for or something.

CHOICES... don't pigeon hole my Tellarite as "Stubborn" If someone wants to choose the pig headed trait good for them... but its time to stop hard wiring the traits.

OR hell just nerf Alien. Also problem solved. Cause yes 10 optional traits is >.
    edited September 2022
    Only Romulans can use cloak?

Is this a stealth PVP rant? My KDF captains use cloak just fine in PVE with zero Romulan crew.

Romulans and KDF Recruits. Get 15s of ambush.

Feds and KDF classics get 5s.

This would be solved if Cryptic decided to sell Feds and KDF Classics some Bridge officer with a copy of the Infiltrator trait.

That is a big deal because the Max Ambush buff amount if 50% cat 2 dmg. This buff is also shared by the She's a Predator leg shim trait. She's a predator on Fed and KDF classics is also only a 5s buff.

YES fed and KDF classic can't properly use a cloak. Because Cryptic has not taken the opportunity to sell one bridge officer.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Yes, if you need that extra 0.1% of DPS or PVP power then you give up choices.

For the rest of us, you don't need to be a Romulan or Aliengen and using this week's meta for ship, gear, powers to enjoy the game including elite TFOs.
    Yes, if you need that extra 0.1% of DPS or PVP power then you give up choices.

For the rest of us, you don't need to be a Romulan or Aliengen and using this week's meta for ship, gear, powers to enjoy the game including elite TFOs.

You realize I'm suggesting they make it so you can continue to play as you do now... no changes. Unless you WANT to right.

If you choose to DPS chase you don't need to roll anything other then your current RP favorite. Just unslot the Role play traits (the neck pinch or the pig headed) slot the DPS chasing trait of the week.

HIGH DPS options should be options for all Races. Not just the only DPS selection currently... Alien.

I don't want them to destroy your game style... just give you the option to do both if you choose. Right now their is no choice. Every option other then Alien... in terms of pure high end game play potential is less then.
    Got it. Gatekeeping rant telling folks they don't know how to play/are playing wrong/I'm upset that you changed my stuff. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.