test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tour the Galaxy

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Hey folks,

Seen and been told about a bunch of questions about this, so here's what I *can* tell you:

We had the opportunity to collaborate with Paramount for an upcoming episode of one of the currently-airing Trek shows. The opportunity worked perfectly for Tour the Galaxy, so we were going to update it. Then, for reasons beyond anybody's control, the collaboration couldn't happen, but we had already done the work to add the content from that show to Tour the Galaxy. There wasn't enough time to undo that work before Ascension was going to go live, so we had to disable it, instead. While there wasn't time to fix it for Ascension, the amount of work to get it back to its old state (with a few new locations to visit) is pretty trivial, and I'm told it'll be back fairly quickly. This is definitely not a case of this content being removed permanently, and I wish it had been put into the patch notes. Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Thank you for updating the community and letting us know what is happening. A shame that the update couldn't be done.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Damn, sounds like this could have been a fun collab, it's a shame it didn't happen. Thanks for the update though!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Thank you Kael for the update. A relief for me to hear that TOG isn't going to be cancelled and will return fairly soon,
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    I'm still wondering why, after we got the Iconian War, there was the very missed opportunity to have Tom Paris hand out this mission. It's right up his alley...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    what confuses me is that why apply the update if the deal hasnt been set in stone yet? And if the deal didnt go through, what are the issues on just continuing with the changes and release it for the game, assuming there isnt some sort of copyright issue?
  • nemrodhnemrodh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So why would you remove the old one that was working before the new one was ready?
    This seems like who ever is responsible for quality control is not up to the job.
    I know if was building a house I'm not going to tear down the old one till the new one is at least able to live in.
    yea know..
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    nemrodh wrote: »
    So why would you remove the old one that was working before the new one was ready?
    This seems like who ever is responsible for quality control is not up to the job.
    I know if was building a house I'm not going to tear down the old one till the new one is at least able to live in.
    yea know..

They did not remove the old one... they updated it with new CBC content, and it was ready to go. For some reason at the last min before it was going to go live something changed and CBC didn't want the content in game. So they just disabled it for now. This is a result of not properly using the test servers anymore, it seems Cryptic only has one STO build anymore.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    What does the Canadian Broadcasting Company have to do with STO?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    > @husanakx said:
    > They did not remove the old one... they updated it with new CBC content, and it was ready to go. For some reason at the last min before it was going to go live something changed and CBC didn't want the content in game. So they just disabled it for now. This is a result of not properly using the test servers anymore, it seems Cryptic only has one STO build anymore.

I think you meant CBS.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    Is it worth pointing out that back in the "Sector Space Revamp", this was said:
    Tour the Galaxy ... will take longer to do, so to compensate, we’ve increased the time limit in Tour of the Galaxy.
    It was 15 minutes before the re-vamp and was extended my a grand total of Zero minutes and Zero seconds after the re-vamp, for a new time-limit of 15 minutes!
    We pointed out at the time that the timer hadn't been extended, but nothing came of our bug reports! I even risked 2 Necro's to that thread in 2016 and 2017 but the timer still wasn't extended.

Now, you've added more destinations to the list and, once again, did not extend the timer. Even just 3-5 more minutes would have been nice -- I'm not expecting 30 minutes as that would be waaaay toooo looooong!

Additionally, it would be nice to have the timer 'pause' when we go behind a loading screen, but that's just a 'nice to have' and I'm not sure it would be an easy thing to program into the game.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
This discussion has been closed.