test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 9/1/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited September 2022 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 9/1 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Kudos to you guys, you got on that Neelix issue FAST. Thank-you.
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Lot of cool fixes. I didn’t see Incite Chaos’s return. Hopefully you got that fixed too.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Kudos to you guys, you got on that Neelix issue FAST. Thank-you.

I know he's not very popular, but to describe him as the Neelix issue is just disrespectful. ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Resolved an issue that was causing the "Best Diplomat" Starship Trait to only enhance the user's damage under Beam Overload, and not during Fire at Will.

I had no idea that this was happening to be honest.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,993 Arc User
    A surprise Tuffli update was nice to see. Quite a few fixes in there too, which is nice.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    A surprise Tuffli update was nice to see. Quite a few fixes in there too, which is nice.

its a nice touch, but for a tier 2 unit?

they really need to add additional gameplay in this game, like cargo transporting missions as a side gig. otherwise, while unique and fun to use, it has little value. yes some people can and do build it up, but not many i am sure.

now, if they updated to a T6 with limitations a cargo ship would have...then you are talking.

Maybe it will feature in some new piece of content. Or maybe there will be a T6 (or T5) freighter coming soon, who knows.

And they did say that the NPC freighters were also updated. Those do feature in several pieces of existing content, not least the first mission that new players encounter, as well as one of the first TFO's that open up to them (Best Served Cold). So I guess that makes it more worth the effort.

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,496 Arc User

its a nice touch, but for a tier 2 unit?

they really need to add additional gameplay in this game, like cargo transporting missions as a side gig. otherwise, while unique and fun to use, it has little value. yes some people can and do build it up, but not many i am sure.

now, if they updated to a T6 with limitations a cargo ship would have...then you are talking.

Maybe it will feature in some new piece of content. Or maybe there will be a T6 (or T5) freighter coming soon, who knows.

And they did say that the NPC freighters were also updated. Those do feature in several pieces of existing content, not least the first mission that new players encounter, as well as one of the first TFO's that open up to them (Best Served Cold). So I guess that makes it more worth the effort.

Armed freighters would not need to be too limited, in the real world there always were armed freighters (such as the WWII Q-ships) in various roles, including combat as frontline warships (sometimes with their armament hidden, sometimes with them finished as war ships in the shipyards).

That is one of the reasons I like the Yeager class, it uses a freighter secondary hull (and no it is not the same hull as the Maquis raider, it just looks like one, a show budget holdover from reusing models with only a few minor changes to represent entirely different ships) coupled with an Intrepid saucer.

It harkens back to the desperate scramble to get more combat ships deployed in WWII and underlines the dire straits the Federation was in the Dominion war and at the same time is also a nod to the tendency to convert captured merchant ships into warships back in the sailing ship days.
  • limkai#8989 limkai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Didn’t see Incite Chaos’s return. :( ...
    Post edited by limkai#8989 on
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    It's a nice touch, but for a tier 2 unit?

They really need to add additional gameplay in this game, like cargo transporting missions as a side gig. Otherwise, while unique and fun to use, it has little value. Yes some people can and do build it up, but not many I am sure.

Now, if they updated to a T6 with limitations a cargo ship would have...then you are talking.

Don't see how cosmetic issues concerning a little used ship and a request for additional gameplay options are linked. Went back and looked at the Patch Notes to make sure I did not miss anything. Perhaps you could explain further? I don't own a Tuffli so I probably don't have a dog in this fight. I am quite sure you own a ship which has little value to most players. I can promise that when future Patch Notes improve the cosmetics of said ship, I'll be happy for you and not use the issue as a way to insert my own concerns on a slightly related topic.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    qultuq wrote: »
    ...I didn’t see Incite Chaos’s return. Hopefully you got that fixed too.
    Didn’t see Incite Chaos’s return....

I was surprised something that appeared to be broken many years ago turned up to incite disorder yet again. Am happy it's finally been fixed (?)
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @protoneous said:
    > It's nice to see so many fixes. It would certainly be great to see a challenging new TFO added once every 5-10 years or so as well.
    >
    >
    > I was surprised something that appeared to be broken many years ago turned up to incite disorder yet again. Am happy it's finally been fixed (?)

Well. I don’t have it, so it doesn’t effect me. But they announced the removal on Twitter it was removed. I don’t think the Short News tread was updated. It wasn’t acknowledged in the patch notes. I have to say it, but i worry they forgot about it. Unless you have tried it, and you can verify it has been returned.

The unfortunate reality of the development process is if things are not addressed quickly, the likelihood of it getting fixed diminishes pretty quickly. Hopefully people mentioning here will help to keep it on people’s (And especially the developers’) radar.
This discussion has been closed.