test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expose buffs from Automated personnel unit (Phoenix reward) isn't working

The basic expose chance on the ground is 10%.

New characters have this. A trait like Telepathic increases it by 2.

My newest Sci toon who use this trait (and nothing else yet) has a 12% chance to expose targets with tricorder scan. That's correct.

Character #2 has armour that increases it by another 5% and he uses the lucky trait, which adds 10%. He's at 25%, so that's also correct.

Character #3 has the Telepathic trait and the Lucky trait, he's at 22%. Also correct.

My main character however, is also at 20%. But he also has the lucky trait and the Automated personnel unit from the Phoenix store on active duty. That Doff 'doubles chance to expose target'. But if the base chance is 10, Lucky adds another 10 then the APU should make it either 30 or 40 (depending on whether it should be calculated as doubling the base chance from 10 to 20 and then the other 10 from Lucky --- or base + Lucky = 20 and then doubling that to 40).

Either way, 20 must be wrong. That simply means that the APU doesn't add anything. Putting it on and removing it from active duty also doesn't change the values displayed.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    And it gets even weirder:

I just did a Sompek solo on my main and while I didn't count all my uses of Tricorder scan and hyperonic radiation (which for some odd reason also has an expose chance, even though it's nowhere in the description of the module), I must have used them at least 10 times. Only one enemy got exposed, which would seem almost impossible if you have an expose chance of at least 30%.

Moreover, I remember - from the description of the module, while checking on the ground - that this toon had a 40% expose chance with hyperonic radiation not too long ago. That would seem correct, if his global expose chance is 20% and the APU doff changes that to 40%. That is, this would seem correct if hyperonic radiation should expose at all, more on that below...

Now, I checked a fifth Science toon, and he had 30% expose chance with BOTH tricorder scan and hyperonic radiation. Which would be inexplicably high, if it weren't for a Section 31 pistol. That one adds 10% on top of the 20 (basic 10, plus Lucky's 10).

When I put an APU on active duty on this toon, those values don't change either (which is probably a good thing, to be fair as the expose chances would get ridiculously high).

So, there seem to be multiple bugs here.

#1. The APU doff isn't working.
    #2. Expose chances from weapons are modifying the expose chances of abilities like tricorder scan - and even adding it to stuff like hyperonic radiation that shouldn't have it at all - but which do have an expose chance already because
    #3. Global expose chance is also applied to powers that shouldn't expose at all.

(Numerical example: hyperonic radiation should have 0% expose chance. On a character with 20% global expose chance, it has 20. On a character with 20% global expose chance and 10% from a weapon, that additional 10% isn't just for that weapon but also adds to expose chances for other abilities).

I am guessing that this is the result of a change that happened a while back, when the expose chances were re-added to Target Optics and Tricorder scan, after those powers had been bugged for a long time and the expose functionality wasn't there for a few years.

(This is just a wild guess, but I can't think of any other recent expose-related changes.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.