test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

**AUGUST DEVELOPER Q&A THREAD**

2»

Comments

• runezaplays12#8402 runezaplays12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    (Bugs are reported in the Bug Subforum. Comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    (This is not a discussion thread. Comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Are there plans to expand on the Khitomer Alliance in lore and in gameplay? I am thinking about what kind of weapons do they use (the cycling weapons with all damage types would be perfect), are there starbases (fleet holding?), more uniforms and ships.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Here's a pretty random question that isn't really important but I occasionally think about: There are currently four different 'Type 8' hull materials for Fed ships, with two of them having the exact same name but very different appearances. Currently no ship has access to all of them, but if that were to ever change do you think you would you rename the Enterprise J inspired materials? For clarity, the materials are:

'Type 8' (this is an Ent-J material with bright purple deflector)
    'Type 8 - J' (Ent-J material with a dull purple deflector)
    'Type 8' (bright TMP era material)
    'Type 8b' (dark TMP era material)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Suggestion:

It would be Awesome if the 3-piece cloaking set would work with every flavor of quad cannon. My battle-cloaking Vorcha is pretty cool even with a phaser build—but giving it a disrupt build would be Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam-level cool.
  • shatterdroneshatterdrone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Can we get an Emmett Till class starship?
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Something I recently noticed is that there's more entries under "available skills" for ground than the number of available spaces in the ground tray. It seems that using an elite Captain training token exacerbates this issue.

Given that in space it's possible to have two separate trays of 10 rows each for a total of 200 spaces I began to look for a way in-game to expand my ground trays in a similar fashion but didn't find any options. Apparently the limit is only 3 rows on a single tray.

Would it be possible to bring the level of customization we currently have with space trays to ground trays to avoid having to pick and choose and give players more room to sort their ground abilities in a logical manner?
This discussion has been closed.