test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deferi arc not available to newer Starfleet characters

evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
I'm aware that the Deferi arc was moved to the available tab, however I've noticed an issue with it. My older Starfleet characters that had already played it have it listed for replay, and all of my Klingon, Romulan, and Jem'Hadar characters have the Cold War mission available so that they can begin the arc, however my newer Disco, TOS, and 2409 Starfleet toons do NOT have Cold War available and therefore cannot access the Deferi arc at all. I do not know how long it has been this way.
Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
eaY7Xxu.png

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,118 Arc User
    ...however my newer Disco, TOS, and 2409 Starfleet toons do NOT have Cold War available and therefore cannot access the Deferi arc at all.
    Federation characters must be level 65 and have completed the mission "The Galaxy at Large".
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ...however my newer Disco, TOS, and 2409 Starfleet toons do NOT have Cold War available and therefore cannot access the Deferi arc at all.
    Federation characters must be level 65 and have completed the mission "The Galaxy at Large".

I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said I was aware of the arc being moved to the available tab, but I am also well aware of the new level requirement and all of the characters in question are level 65. I was about to say that I couldn't find "The Galaxy at Large" anywhere in the available tab, and also point out that Lost Dominion and Spectres ARE available on the characters in question even though Cold War is not, but then while looking for something else in the Episodes tab I randomly found The Galaxy at Large at the end of the Klingon arc.

Now that that mystery is solved, I gotta say that this is simply horrible design and should be changed. Given that patrols are faster for leveling alts than missions are, and that level 65 boosts are available as well, it's no wonder that so many people on the forums, on Reddit, and in-game are confused and think the arc has been completely removed. Since The Galaxy at Large is not required for Lost Dominion and Spectres then imo it should not be required for Cold War either, it should just unlock at 65 like the other two arcs do. What exactly is the point of having max-level only missions gated behind a random Klingon War episode that most people likely don't do on new characters?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,118 Arc User
    Now that that mystery is solved, I gotta say that this is simply horrible design and should be changed.
    I'm in complete agreement with you - the logic behind the removal of these storylines to 'side content' is baffling.
    Especially since later missions in the main storyline reference events from these 'side-content' missions.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/