test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Starfleet Academy map seems unfinished or a door not properly locked

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
edited July 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The thread title might seem silly, but I wasn't sure how else to summarise it.

If you take the door next to the bank and exchange consoles to enter the halls where new characters pick up their first gear, there's a corridor to the right. There used to be an holodeck there, now there's a door that leads to open space.

Sort of, because although you can see hills, grass and clear sky there, you also seem to be inside walls of a room that players aren't supposed to enter. It's like you're behind the actual map.

See picture, that'll probably explain it better.

vxd1as9059wr.png
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Comments

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Looks like they did a graphics update on the Academy. Why? Who knows - it was fine the way it was.

The only thing I can think of is that they were finally going to integrate the Academy shuttlebay map from the tutorial - which I am all for - but somehow forgot to add the actual turbolift and associated dialog box to take you there. So you simply walk into nothing (see the behind the scenes picture above).
  • mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    That is what it looks like. Turbolift opens into the behind area.
    Either that or it is a holodeck.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the reports I've put the bug on the environment team.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Thanks for the reports I've put the bug on the environment team.

You're welcome.

I have no idea whether you were involved, but I just want to say that the redesign looks great. The Academy is much more orderly now, more spacious too. It's a nice modernisation of the map.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.