test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does "Entropy" from Temporal BOff Abilities Work?

discovery7810discovery7810 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2022 in The Academy
I have "Channeled Deconstruction" and "Recursive Shearing"
The entropy on target ship builds to full almost always, but does that enhance both of those abilities as the entropy builds up or must I use another temporal ability that resets the entropy gauge to zero to take advantage of entropy buildup?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    It can help but isn't a requirement. I think the extra advantage comes by removing entropy via an entropy consumer i.e. Entropic Redistribution.

Channeled Deconstruction still does decent physical damage by itself and is good entropy builder with the added advantage that it's available as an ensign skill.

Recursive Shearing seems to be good on it's own without the builder/consumer stuff going on and may be a bit of an outlier as it's not modified by skills or aux power. It seems to work well at higher ranks.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I never really understood the entropy mechanic tied to Temporal abilities. Best I can figure is that its like an ability version of the Expose/Exploit. The more stacks of Entropy on a target, the more effective the "exploit" abilities are.

Honestly don't use them myself as I have other abilities I slot rather than dedicating at least two seats to Temporal. But that is just how I play.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)