test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

eng turrets not lasting

kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
The turrets that you spawn using the kit module, (flamthrower turret) do not last 180 sec like they are suppose to, it is more like 45 sec. In fact when you get the extra spawn of burst turrets with the doff skill, those 2 last longer then the flamethrower turret. Please fix this thanks.
Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)

Comments

• roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 562 Arc User
    Is it just the Flamethrower turret, or all Turrets?

I also noticed that the basic Turret deployed by a KDF player is a Flamethrower Turret, and that one does disappear rather quickly.

I would like to know what happened to the basic Beam/Bolt/Burst Disruptor Turret for the KDF Engineers?
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I have done some further testing on this issue. I have a discovery fed eng char, a romulan delta recuit kdf aligned eng char, and a delta recuit kdf eng char. I can confirm that it is ONLY happening on kdf chars as far as I can tell (I cannot test the jem'hadar as mine is tact, would be good if someone else can test the jem'hadar and report here), and it applys to the flamethrower turret and the beam/bolt turrets. So basically the disrupter turrets as the turrets do either phaser (fed), plasma (rom), disrupter (kdf), polaron (jem'hadar). Also I discovered that the turret only lasts for 30 sec not 45 as I reported earlier.

To answer your last question roninwolf1981: The bolt/beam turrets are still in game as I bought one on exchange for my testing, I just use the flamethrower turret as that is the only one you can get a fleet version for, which is what I use.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
    kirstiein wrote: »
    I have done some further testing on this issue. I have a discovery fed eng char, a romulan delta recuit kdf aligned eng char, and a delta recuit kdf eng char. I can confirm that it is ONLY happening on kdf chars as far as I can tell (I cannot test the jem'hadar as mine is tact, would be good if someone else can test the jem'hadar and report here), and it applys to the flamethrower turret and the beam/bolt turrets. So basically the disrupter turrets as the turrets do either phaser (fed), plasma (rom), disrupter (kdf), polaron (jem'hadar). Also I discovered that the turret only lasts for 30 sec not 45 as I reported earlier.

To answer your last question roninwolf1981: The bolt/beam turrets are still in game as I bought one on exchange for my testing, I just use the flamethrower turret as that is the only one you can get a fleet version for, which is what I use.

So why is it that when my KDF Engineer deploys the Beam/Bolt/Burst Turret, it's always the Flamethrower Turret?
  • paladine022#4804 paladine022 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    all turrets seem to be using the daft ambush turret timer instead of their own isnt just klinks happens on all my toons across all factions
    Seems this issue still isn't resolved.

I have at least 6 Engineer Captains, and it's only the KDF Engineer Captain that has the issue of both the Disruptor Turret NOT lasting the full turret duration (despawning after 30 seconds), AND having the visual appearance of a Flamethrower Turret (and will either fire green flames or the disruptor minigun bursts at random). But this is just the basic engineer turret module on the KDF side.

The engineer turret module behaves the way it's supposed to for the other factions (Fed, TOS Fed, Rom, except for DSC Fed and Jem'Hadar, but this is probably going to be a separate thread); the Turret fires bolts of energy depending on the level of the module, and lasts for the full duration. It is only on the KDF side where the engineer turret despawns after 30 seconds.
  • heraphstheraphst Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Now that i've ran into the issue and was looking for reports by the community it only took <2mins to find this post. June seems a long time ago for a bug like this to not get any attention.
    I was pretty stoked to buy my Fleet Turret and upgrade it to MK XV to then have it be pretty unbearable to be put into use.